Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My first mock draft of the year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: My first mock draft of the year Reply with quote

Here goes

Current picks

1(28)
2(28)
3(28)
4(28)
5(28)
7(28)

1. Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
Why? Denver is going to need to replace Elvis Dumervil in the starting line up. Out of all the pass rushers that might be available at the back end of the first round, I really think Okafor is the one that first at 4-3 Right Defensive End. I wouldn't rule out a trade up for Ezekiel Ansah, but he might not bring the immediate impact that the Broncos brass crave.

***Following the convention the Broncos have gone down under Elway, I think we will use our second round pick to trade back into the middle of the third round, we now have two picks in both rounds 3 & 4.***

3. Justin Pugh, T, Syracuse
Bit of a left field pick here but I ask y'all, if Ryan Clady goes down are you happy with Chris Clark protecting Manning's blindside?

3. LeVeon Bell, RB, Michigan State
We took a RB on day two last year, but I would absolutely not rule out doing so again. Ronnie Hillman will never be an every down carrier, and at least one of Willis McGahee or Knowshon Moreno is likely to be cut this year imo.

4. Shawarko Thomas, S, Syracuse
Another player from Syracuse here. Mike Adams is old and we still don't know if Moore and Carter are long term starting calibre, so I expect a mid round safety selection.

4. Aaron Mellette, WR, Elon
This team is going to have a nightmare trying to retain our trio of top class WR's as they all run out of contract within two years. Mellette should be viewed as a groomer behind them.

5. Braden Wilson, FB, Kansas State
Odd selection but the team views Jacob Hester more as a short yardage runner than a true FB. Wilson is a fantastic lead blocker.

7. Quanterus Smith, DE, Western Kentucky
Risk reward pick late in the draft. Smith is a pure pass rusher who tore his ACL last year.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: My first mock draft of the year Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
Here goes

Current picks

1(28)
2(28)
3(28)
4(28)
5(28)
7(28)

1. Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
Why? Denver is going to need to replace Elvis Dumervil in the starting line up. Out of all the pass rushers that might be available at the back end of the first round, I really think Okafor is the one that first at 4-3 Right Defensive End. I wouldn't rule out a trade up for Ezekiel Ansah, but he might not bring the immediate impact that the Broncos brass crave.

I don't want him. He's a Robert Ayers Clone.

***Following the convention the Broncos have gone down under Elway, I think we will use our second round pick to trade back into the middle of the third round, we now have two picks in both rounds 3 & 4.***

3. Justin Pugh, T, Syracuse
Bit of a left field pick here but I ask y'all, if Ryan Clady goes down are you happy with Chris Clark protecting Manning's blindside?

3. LeVeon Bell, RB, Michigan State
We took a RB on day two last year, but I would absolutely not rule out doing so again. Ronnie Hillman will never be an every down carrier, and at least one of Willis McGahee or Knowshon Moreno is likely to be cut this year imo.

Slow. Not as physical as his size would suggest. Way too much like Ron Dayne. Except worse.

4. Shawarko Thomas, S, Syracuse
Another player from Syracuse here. Mike Adams is old and we still don't know if Moore and Carter are long term starting calibre, so I expect a mid round safety selection.

4. Aaron Mellette, WR, Elon
This team is going to have a nightmare trying to retain our trio of top class WR's as they all run out of contract within two years. Mellette should be viewed as a groomer behind them.

5. Braden Wilson, FB, Kansas State
Odd selection but the team views Jacob Hester more as a short yardage runner than a true FB. Wilson is a fantastic lead blocker.

7. Quanterus Smith, DE, Western Kentucky
Risk reward pick late in the draft. Smith is a pure pass rusher who tore his ACL last year.

Rest of them, I'm okay with I guess. Not ideal but oh well.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from all the smiley faces....

Alex Okafor is a LDE not a RDE. He doesnt have the natural bend and athleticism to play against elite LT's. I see him more as a power rush move guy with some strength against the run.

Le'Veon Bell isnt the best RB for this team. Hes not explosive enough, nor strong enough to "carry the load". I like the idea of a 2nd day RB but not him

Quanterus Smith will go much higher than that. Hes a mid round guy even with the injury. Some of his tape is really impressive.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jersey...really taking a man's mock down, as usual. Now, I am not saying you are a Gremlin; I am just saying I wouldn't feed you after midnight.

Just messing around. I am coocoo.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
Jersey...really taking a man's mock down, as usual. Now, I am not saying you are a Gremlin; I am just saying I wouldn't feed you after midnight.

Just messing around. I am coocoo.

I love Cocoa Puffs too.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buahaha!
kansas bob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice draft but I am not sure if we will draft a DE that early. We have some developmental prayers that may be used to fill in for the missing Doom! Carradine, Lemonier, Moore, Jordon,or Jones are all that may be available and better suited to replace Doom than Okafor.
I like your idea but just not crazy about Okafor.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Winder23

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree with pretty much what everyone has said.

Especially What R2B said about Bell. The guy is just so unimpressive.
germ-x

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Quanterus Smith will go much higher than that. Hes a mid round guy even with the injury. Some of his tape is really impressive.

I've never seen him play, but from what i have read he seems to have a really nice skill set and potential as a pass rusher. If true, i wouldn't mind Denver rolling the dice on him in the mid rounds.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

I've never seen him play, but from what i have read he seems to have a really nice skill set and potential as a pass rusher. If true, i wouldn't mind Denver rolling the dice on him in the mid rounds.

Loads of potential in the pass rush. Only saw the Arkansas State game live last year (because of my boy Gus Malzahn), he was really impressive. Arkansas State runs that no huddle, hurry up, spread offense, and Smith was in the backfield every single snap. It was eye-popping.

Its all about consistency for him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: