Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders sign LB Kevin Burnett
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Trade down and add Richardson, I'd be all over that option.

That's more like it. I like him better.

Jeez is there anyone you don't like? Very Happy

A lot of options which means draft day is going to be very interesting.

I thought it was rather blatant that I'm not a fan of Floyd. I generally don't mention players I don't like. But I don't want Werner or Star either. Jones' spine scares me. I'm not very high on Mingo. I don't think Milliner is a good fit for us either. Happy?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
I just hope that I'm not cussing on draft day.

For me, I think the only way I'd end up cussing on draft day is if we took Floyd. Wouldn't be very happy with Milliner either for the reasons you mentioned though.

Strap in, because Floyd is the pick IMO. Kelly will be cut after the draft IMO along w/ McClain (no rush to cut them). Raiders will be light at DT and Floyd is presenting himself as the best option.

This of course happens only if they can't find a trade partner which I am sure is the #1 goal right now.

How is this? What has he done in the offseason to "present" himself. And where was this presentation during the season? I just don't like or trust guys that all of a sudden show up when the draft season comes around.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Dessie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

I thought it was rather blatant that I'm not a fan of Floyd. I generally don't mention players I don't like. But I don't want Werner or Star either. Jones' spine scares me. I'm not very high on Mingo. I don't think Milliner is a good fit for us either. Happy?

Delirious, you? Just that you seemed to have named a few players who you would be happy with, Jordan, Smith, Moore, Richardson, Barkley etc and I think a number of us share the view as there is no consensus pick ATM.
#clueless
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Delirious, you? Just that you seemed to have named a few players who you would be happy with, Jordan, Smith, Moore, Richardson, Barkley etc and I think a number of us share the view as there is no consensus pick ATM.

Well I mean, this is the second time someone has come at me for liking numerous prospects. So I guess I figured I was trying to pacify your desire for me to tell you who I don't like.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hes a fine player but again, dude is 30.

nooooo idea why we have interest in old players ie newman, winslow.
Nightmare

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiders006 wrote:

Because they'll come relatively cheap and perform to a higher level than some of the younger players on bigger contracts that we're trying to get rid of (and in some cases already have).

These sort of guys should help to keep us somewhat competitive during rebuilding.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightmare wrote:
raiders006 wrote:

Because they'll come relatively cheap and perform to a higher level than some of the younger players on bigger contracts that we're trying to get rid of (and in some cases already have).

These sort of guys should help to keep us somewhat competitive during rebuilding.

Exactly. Can't fill all the holes in one offseason, so stop gaps are necessary at this point for some positions. Veteran presence/leadership never hurts either.
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old players can also be great to learn from. How best to prepare for games, study film, nutrition etc. While coaches can do that it helps having players who also do it naturally. A young player I think will be more inclined to stay late and study game tape if he sees a guy like Seymour, or Newman doing it instead of being told he should to do it by a coach.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Old players can also be great to learn from. How best to prepare for games, study film, nutrition etc. While coaches can do that it helps having players who also do it naturally. A young player I think will be more inclined to stay late and study game tape if he sees a guy like Seymour, or Newman doing it instead of being told he should to do it by a coach.

This. Imagine the impact a guy like Burnett can have on Burris or other young LBs on this team. Heck, maybe he can get his brother Kaelin at a higher level.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funny thing about who I want to draft is the fact that they're both the two guys with medical issues. Lotulelei and Jarvis Jones both had high levels of production and dominated at their position in the college game.

Honestly I'd prefer Jones as an OLB over anyone else in the draft and the same goes for Lotu when it comes to DT's, I just think Floyd's getting all the hype because most teams fear medical drama.

Same goes for any other OLB compared to Jarvis Jones. They're either experienced and so-so or raw prospects with "unbelievable upside" meaning they haven't hit their ceiling necessarily and may never pan out to be what everyone expected.

Been wanting to do this for a while now. Let's see what happens.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: