Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncs4life first mock of the year!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncs4life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Broncs4life first mock of the year! Reply with quote

1- Damontre Moore - DE - Texas A&M

We lost a good pass rusher in Dumervil so i think the DE becomes the biggest need. We must adress this position soon. Miller will get all of the attention so we need to find a rusher across him. Moore call Miller his brother. I think the chemistry would be very good. I know it's not everybody who likes him because of his combine but on the field, i really liked him.

2- Ryan Swope - WR - Texas A&M

Another weapon for Manning. He will be our 4th WR and will learn a lot from Welker. Our trio would be set for a long time with Thomas, Decker and Swope.

3- Montee Ball - RB - Wisconsin

Maybe i am alone here but i like him a lot. I'm sure he will have a good career. Not great but good. He will help us a lot in our 2 year window with Manning.

4- T.J. McDonald - S - USC

Will be happy to grab him in the fourth. He is easily in my top 5 Safety in this draft. Will compete Adams and will replace Carter if he goes in jail.

5- Akeem Spence - DT - Illinois

Will be a good depth and rotation with Knighton, Vickerson and Unrein.

7- Joe Kruger - DE - Utah

Maybe he will do like his brother lol. I can honestly tell you that i dind't see the kid play. I put him here because of the name. But why not...

There's my first mock. Thank you!

Thanks to Delphi83 for the incredible sig and Avatar!
Von Miller 2011 DROY!!!
IT'S MILLER TIME!!
GO BRONCOS!
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would do awful things if this were how the draft turned out.

Every pick is solid, and not only are they solid, theyre conceivable. Good mock brah.

Thanks, Tzimisce
germ-x

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying i dislike it. I would be happy with almost every pick except Moore (where he is selected) and McDonald, who i don't see making it in the NFL.

I like Ryan Swope, but i don't think he can play the outside in the NFL and with Thomas, Welker, and Decker on the roster i just don't see that pick making a lot of sense in the 2nd round.

To be honest, i think Denver is a bit all in and with their first 2 or 3 picks they will be looking for contributors. I fully expect Elway to be as aggressive in the draft as he was in FA. I don't think that means necessarily trading up, but that Denver will have X number of areas/positions they need to improve on and will go about improving those positions however they can.

I really think Denver could be quite active in this draft with trade ups and even trade backs if that's where the value is.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
I'm not saying i dislike it. I would be happy with almost every pick except Moore (where he is selected) and McDonald, who i don't see making it in the NFL.

I like Ryan Swope, but i don't think he can play the outside in the NFL and with Thomas, Welker, and Decker on the roster i just don't see that pick making a lot of sense in the 2nd round.

To be honest, i think Denver is a bit all in and with their first 2 or 3 picks they will be looking for contributors. I fully expect Elway to be as aggressive in the draft as he was in FA. I don't think that means necessarily trading up, but that Denver will have X number of areas/positions they need to improve on and will go about improving those positions however they can.

I really think Denver could be quite active in this draft with trade ups and even trade backs if that's where the value is.

And that my friend is the key. Where the value is!

I truly don't see us drafting for "need" at any position. We've really got a fairly strong, deep roster.
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denver is going to look for long-term building blocks on the draft. Our roster is full, but Elway has made a point of saying that the draft will be where the core of our team comes from.

FWIW, that's why I think we see a WR early. We have Welker for two years, and I think eventually we let Decker go...just a hunch though. Drafting a guy like Swope helps now AND the future.

A guy like Damontre Moore is a building block for the future as well. At 28, he's a good pick. He's certainly a first round pick and I'll defend that to the death. He's a very good player who can get after the QB and get in the backfield.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Winder23

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pretty well done here.

The first two picks are real solid. Swope would be ideal considering Welker is 32. Moore is a good pick as well. I think he is going to be a good player.
Broncos7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this mock, but I think Swope is a reach in the 2nd round. Montee Ball will move up in the coming weeks, he had a great pro day. Denver could take Ball in round 2. Overall, nice work!
Donut

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:

I think he can play on the outside. His injury history scares me off to use a 2nd on him though.

As for TJ McDonald I'm not a fan at all and I dont think he's a top 5 S to me he won't be anything notable in NFL.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This mock is awful. Moore, and McDonald; they are just terrible athletes. They got full ride scholarships to play football and I wonder why.
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the mock to be honest.
I was a very big fan of TJ Mcdonald earlier in the season but he seemed to dissapear as the season went on.

A little info on Joe Kruger, I was shocked that he declared early. He has an ankle injury this season that kept him out quite a bit or he would have had a great year. He is very similar to Paul in that it will take Joe 2-3 years to develope into a player. I wouldn't expect him to contribute year 1 at all (which is why the 7th round is good for him). He is not as strong as Paul but his length really helps him. He is great at batting down passes and raking in a tackler. I'm guessing he will go around the 4th round because of his name. (Although I would only want him after the 5th round).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did we trade away our 6th rounder? Think
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The.underdog wrote:
Did we trade away our 6th rounder? Think

Bunkley.

Thanks, Tzimisce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: