Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DEE RAWL's waiting too LONG mock 3/17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: DEE RAWL's waiting too LONG mock 3/17 Reply with quote

16) Tavon Austin, WR, WVU

All aboard the Tavon Austin train! This kid is special and what an opportune time to move on from Danny Amendola-- offers all of the quick and reliable slot like attributes that helped to serve as a safety blanket for Sam, but hes better at it and doesn't get hurt nearly as often. Our scouts apparently were not at WVU pro day, but hopefully that isn't a gauge for our interest level and if he is available at 16 there SHOULD be no hesitation to make Austin the pick.

22) Matt Elam, S, UF

Well, we have Darian Stewart andddddddd nobody else. Didn't land any safeties in FA yet so I'm just going to assume that it will be a priority no matter what come late April. Elam fits perfectly in as a Mikell replacement, can play in the box and help tremendously in run support and blitzes, but he can actually cover too. Again, like Austin-- if he is available at 22 there shouldn't be any hesitation.

4Cool Kyle Long, G/T, Oregon

I would love to slot Long in the 3rd, but at this point he seems locked into round 2. Long isn't the mauler like Warmack or Warford, but he is very athletic and strong enough to do the job well. He can start at LG and work his way into RT or whatever they decide to do. I'd love to be at practice to watch 1v1s with Long v Long... Or hopefully if Jake signs with us it can be a weird 3 way battle Long v Long v Long. PS. Saddleback College represent (also same JUCO Aaron Brown came from).

80) Bacarri Rambo, S, UGA

Ah Rambo, how you have grown on me. He is an aggressive, ballhawking FS. Perfect to fill the other void at Safety. With Rambo and Elam holding down the safety positions and Finnegan/Jenkins/Johnson at corner, it would be a very young and dangerous secondary.

112) Mike Gillislee, RB, UF

We have Richardson and Pead (Ganaway too), but RB still has to be addressed somewhere IMO. I love what Gillislee offers-- nothing flashy, but is a good tough runner and he proved that going against college football's best every week in the SEC.

144) TRADE! Rams send 2013 5th round & 2014 conditional pick for WR Kenny Britt

Fisher is reunited with Britt. Britt offers more ability than any mid round receiver would, when he is healthy. A deadly red-zone threat it should help the struggles had in that area, also hopefully help Brian Quick develop into something.

176) Cornelius Washington, LB, UGA

Washington is a better fit for OLB in a 3-4, but its essentially the same thing for a Sam LB in a 4-3. Long arms and does the job of clogging holes, and can get after the passer when needed. Excellent 2 down LB.

208) Nickell Robey, CB, Southern Cal

Had to Wink , but seriously Robey is tremendous value in the 7th and believe me, he will fall to the 6th-7th. Excellent man to man cover ability. Fight On!
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. Not sold on Gillislee, but, if some of the guys I like at RB are off the board there (Bell, Franklin) then I wouldn't be mad.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
Brodie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather have Amerson at 22 than Elam at the moment.

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
I like it. Not sold on Gillislee, but, if some of the guys I like at RB are off the board there (Bell, Franklin) then I wouldn't be mad.

The Rams have been very interested in him. They went to his pro-day and have a scheduled private workout.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

The Rams have been very interested in him. They went to his pro-day and have a scheduled private workout.

I would love Amerson. He is a decent corner and would be a deadly fit at FS
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you guys saying you'd be happy with Amerson in the first round?
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
Rams4Life523

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the mock. If the first four picks actually happen I would be lose my mind with excitement.
Hoj398

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rather grab a linemen later in the draft, and grab a playmaker/gamechanger in the second
RamsLA39

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

ELAM !!! Perfect fit for our defense, while Stewart plays FS. Elam has to remind everyone of Bobby Sanders, but taller.

Ideal Mock

We will draft Elam mark it! Cool
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

Not a fan of Amerson, to me it seems like he shys away from contact.
Halradio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree the with the premise that if the Rams want Tavon Austin they will probably have to take him at 16. I also like the idea of drafting two safeties.

The only thing I do not like is picking up Kenny Britt. That kid STILL hasn't figured out how to stay away from trouble.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halradio wrote:
The only thing I do not like is picking up Kenny Britt. That kid STILL hasn't figured out how to stay away from trouble.

Honestly, it seems like the Titans are more willing to get rid of Washington than Britt at this point...

I don't see a 5th round pick putting them over the edge to deal him...

IDOG_det on the sig...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: