Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The draft: Wide Recievers
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AaronCharles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: The draft: Wide Recievers Reply with quote

I really enjoyed reading the other two threads about safeties and running backs, how about one for WRs?

1. Rank this year's WRs

2. Where is the earliest you would pick a WR this year?

3. Which WR prospect intrigues you the most?

4. Which WR prospect would you stay awat from?

5. Do the Packers take a WR this year? If so where and who?

6. Any other thoughts

My answers:

1. I haven't been able to look at all of them to rank them, but guys I like in this offense are Hopkins, Allen, Bailey, Boyce and Wheaton, among others.

2. With Jones a FA after this year, and Nelson the year after that, I'd love to pick up Bailey in round 2. But I wouldn't hate Hopkins in round 1 if they felt he was BPA. Although, I don't think Hopkins will be there.

3. The kid from Washington State who's name evades me.

4. Woods and Terrance Williams. Neither fit our O, seems like they are just deep threats and thats all.

5. I'll say Wheaton or Bailey in round 2

[quote="DainTrain28"](Reggie White's four year, $17 million deal was larceny).[/quote]

Clearly unaware that White got the largest contract for a defensive player in NFL history.

Last edited by AaronCharles on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Packers FTW

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we definitely go WR somewhere between 2-5...

My top WR's

Austin
Cordarrelle Patterson
Hopkins
Hunter
Williams
Da'Rick
Patton
Wheaton

I think Da'Rick would be a great fit on our team... Hes like a Anquan Boldin clone. Rodgers could definitely put a big body like his to use in the pass game.
pmikep

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR'S that FIT the Packers O.

ROUND 1- Keenan Allen
Tavon Austin

ROUND 2-De Andra Hopkins
Robert Woods
Quinton Patton
Markus Wheaton

ROUND 3-Da'Rick Rogers
Stedman Bailey

ROUND 4-Aaron Dobson

GO PACKERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GoPackGo25

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rank the WRs:
1. Cordarelle Patterson
2. Keenan Allen
3. Tavon Austin
4. DeAndre Hopkins
5. Justin Hunter
6. Terrance Williams
7. Da'Rick Rogers
8. Quinton Patton
9. Robert Woods
10.Kenny Stills

2. The earliest I pick a WR this year is the 1st if we like a guy like Keenan Allen and he falls. Maybe early 2nd.

3. The WR prospect that intriguest the most is Kenny Stills. I dont know why, I always liked him at OU. He was very productive and I think he can become a pretty productive WR in the NFL.

4. Personally for the Packers I dont want Tavon Austin. I think he will be good, but he may be battling injuries in his career due to how small he is.

5. I say we go Quinton Patton in round 3 or 4.

Credit: TheDeeeeej

Adopt a T-Wolf: Kevin Love
PPG RPG APG
AaronCharles

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm warming up to Patton and Wheaton, gonna have to read more about them.

[quote="DainTrain28"](Reggie White's four year, $17 million deal was larceny).[/quote]

Clearly unaware that White got the largest contract for a defensive player in NFL history.
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers FTW wrote:
I think we definitely go WR somewhere between 2-5...

My top WR's

Austin
Cordarrelle Patterson
Hopkins
Hunter
Williams
Da'Rick
Patton
Wheaton

I think Da'Rick would be a great fit on our team... Hes like a Anquan Boldin clone. Rodgers could definitely put a big body like his to use in the pass game.

No Keenan Allen?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Austin
Patterson
Allen
Hopkins
Hunter
Woods
Rogers
Patton
Bailey
Wheaton

2. 1st

3. Hunter

4. Swope

5. Jennings just left, so somewhere in rounds 2-5. Could happen in round 1 if a top WR still on the board
pollino14

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Robert Woods
2. Quinton Patton
3. Cordarrele Patterson
4. Tavon Austin
5. Keenan Allen
6. DeAndre Hopkins
7. Markus Wheaton
8. Terrance Williams
9. Denard Robinson
10. Justin Hunter

2. The earliest I would pick a WR is our original 2nd rounder if Woods or Patton are there.

3. Denard Robinson intrigues me the most. Kid looked silky smooth in the combine. We all seen what he can do with the ball, his hands looked nice, if he can get the route running down I think he could be very dangerous.

4. Keenan Allen- I really do not see anything special from him TBH and if we are going to draft him, it'd have to be in the first or early second so I'll pass.

5. I think the Packers take Quinton Patton in the 2nd round myself

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realistically, there are a bunch of guys in this draft we won't draft or won't have a shot to draft like Patterson for example. With the exception of James Jones(who is more of a physical WR than a speedster), our WR's all run 4.4's, they have the size to fight off CB's, and they are impeccable in their route running. I'm really not big on Patton, he seems to be too much of a finesse player for our system. We look for speed and YAC; I don't think he can give us either; same goes with Hopkins. Then you've got guys like Tavon Austin and Steadman Bailey who are all tiny little speedsters. Not so sure they'd fit our offense either. Personally, I don't see us drafting Da'Rick Rogers either given his checkered past

Here's my board per round.

2nd:
Wheaton
Hunter

3rd:
Terrence Williams
Robert Woods

4th:
Dobson
King
Swope

5th:
Boyce

6th:
Harper

7th:
Robinson
Marcus Davis
Zach Rogers

I agree with persiandud on where we'll draft someone to a point but ultimately it'll most likely be rounds 4-7 where we pick someone up unless someone falls to us. The earliest would be Justin Hunter at 55. My personal choice is to go with Josh Boyce. He has the size, speed, and route-running abilities to fit perfectly into our offense. That said, however, he's listed as a 5th or 6th round pick on a lot of sites. I'm going to stick my neck out and say that we should take him in the 4th.
AaronCharles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Disagree we look for speed - wasn't the knock on Jennings that he "only" ran a 4.5?

GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boy B. Kaufman

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
The Kuhn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:

Here's my board per round.

2nd:
Wheaton
Hunter

3rd:
Terrence Williams
Robert Woods

4th:
Dobson
King
Swope

5th:
Boyce

6th:
Harper

7th:
Robinson
Marcus Davis
Zach Rogers

I agree with persiandud on where we'll draft someone to a point but ultimately it'll most likely be rounds 4-7 where we pick someone up unless someone falls to us. The earliest would be Justin Hunter at 55. My personal choice is to go with Josh Boyce. He has the size, speed, and route-running abilities to fit perfectly into our offense. That said, however, he's listed as a 5th or 6th round pick on a lot of sites. I'm going to stick my neck out and say that we should take him in the 4th.

No WAY does Woods make it to the 3rd round. I'm with you on the whole "round 4-7" WR talk. Don't think it is a position we address unless the value is there. Staff is high on Boykins and Ross. We'll probably take a late round flier on a guy with high upside.

I saw that TT and Co. met with Eric Rogers out of Cal Lutheran. 6-3 205 runs a solid 4.48. Probably a 6-7th rounder at best but someone to keep an eye on for sure.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AaronCharles wrote:
^Disagree we look for speed - wasn't the knock on Jennings that he "only" ran a 4.5?

Incorrect. Jennings was from a small school, that was the knock on him. He ran a 4.48 40 coming out of college.

I also agree with The Kuhn regarding what type of WR we'll pick. This is why Denard Robinson might be a bit of a sleeper. He can come in, assume return duties with his speed and work on his WR skill set from the best in the business in the process. I haven't heard of the whole Eric Rogers deal. If you have some electronic literature to send me about that I'd be happy to read it.
AaronCharles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think of either of the TN WRs, Rogers and Hunter?

I think Rogers fits in this offense nicely, but the size and gliding ability of Hunter is something we haven't had in GB for a long time.

Bizzle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think that Hopkins will end up being the best WR in this draft class. I wouldn't be surprised to see him picked in the mid to late first round.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: