Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Get yer popcorn ready! The strange tale of Manti Te'o...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freakout wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
I don't think the weight was understated. Brown himself said he weighs 241 and it's the heaviest he's ever been.

I think that he's worked quite a bit on adding weight since season's end. He might not have been 220, but I could see 230-235

My worry would be can he keep that weight on once the season starts. I remember Kalil being 312 at one point last year during the Combine process and he admitted how hard it was to keep his weight up.

Brown has a much smaller frame than Kalil so the amount of macronutrients required would already be much less.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texans coach Gary Kubiak: “Everybody wants to check his sincerity and see if you can trust him. He just said, ‘Here’s my story’ and told us. He answered our questions. He wasn’t defensive. He stood his ground, wasn’t gunshy. Lot of poise. He had it under control. He’s ready to move forward. I was impressed with the young man.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/24/gary-kubiak-was-impressed-by-manti-teo-meeting/

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take him at 23......but I if Minter and he and Ogletree are all there, I'd probably trade down and take the best LB, DT, WR that fell....
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o is recovering from a stinger in his right shoulder and will not bench press at the Scouting Combine, NFL Network reports.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/25/stinger-keeps-manti-teo-from-bench-pressing-at-the-combine/

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings coach Leslie Frazier strongly suggested on Sunday Jasper Brinkley's successor may be a rookie. Two inside linebackers, Georgia's Alec Ogletree and Notre Dame's Manti Te'o, widely are projected as potential first-round picks.

Frazier: "We want to potentially draft someone. We need more depth at linebacker than what we currently have."

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Notebook_Vikings_want_to_potentially_draft_someone_to_man_middle031813

Webmaster wrote:
KeystoneViking

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta admit, Te'o is really starting to grow on me. He has the best instincts of any LB in the class and has steadily improved each year in college. He proved this year that he can be very effective getting back into his zone and reading the QB's eyes. There are still other guys I would rather have in the first but I can now say that I wouldn't hate it if Te'o were the pick as I think he is going to be an excellent football player from day 1.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe if T'eo is available @ one of our first round picks, the Vikes will draft him. I understand there is cause for concern with the negativity surrounding his psuedo-girlfriend issue and less than impressive combine numbers (basically a slow 40). These concerns are why he possibly slides to #23 or #25 spot in the draft. IMO, I like T'eo in the first fround. I love his football instincts and on-field production. He's a Spielman type of football player and is a gold-domer. Furthermore, I like his slightly more 'applicable' combine stats: Vertical: 33"; Broad jump: 9'5"; *Shuttle: 4.27 and *cone drill 7.13. He performed very well where it really matters for a MLB. There are many ways to go in the first round...just sayin' I would not be too disappointed if T'eo was the pick.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like him as a player, but I just don't want a media circus again with him around. He is too much of a potential distraction I think, but I think we will go DT and LB in round 1 followed by WR round 2 (possible trade up) and CB round 3.

Prediction: Derek Carr = next Brandon Weeden; Zach Mett will be a good starter; Manziel will be a STAR.
Blake Bortles is going to be a Viking
Eastern Walrus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the local media won't go crazy if he draft him, just ESPN for a few weeks

Since I only listen to local sports radio I'm fine with the 'Media Circus' that KFAN would put on for a max of 2 days
2013 Adopt a Minnesota Viking - Xavier Rhodes - CB - #29

XBL - Eastern Walrus
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frazier: “Without question, we need leadership. That guy has to be an extension of our defensive coordinator, Alan Williams. He’s got to be able to not only run our defense, but communicate, get guys lined up, earn the respect of his teammates. It can be scary [to turn that over to a rookie]. But it depends on the rookie. You have to measure the maturity and how far along that guy is and make your call.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/198891391.html?refer=y

Webmaster wrote:
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Frazier: “Without question, we need leadership. That guy has to be an extension of our defensive coordinator, Alan Williams. He’s got to be able to not only run our defense, but communicate, get guys lined up, earn the respect of his teammates. It can be scary [to turn that over to a rookie]. But it depends on the rookie. You have to measure the maturity and how far along that guy is and make your call.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/198891391.html?refer=y

Sounds like Frazier is dropping hints at what he wants for his birthday.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Te'o, timed by Todd McShay, ran 4.71 and 4.75 today at his pro-day.
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@DarrenWolfson: Notre Dame Pro Day >>>>> RT @Eric_Edholm: #Vikings GM Rick Spielman in attendance.”
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did we think there was a chance Spielman wouldnt be at the ND Pro Day Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catfishing nonsense aside, it was Te'o's sluggish 4.82 40-yard time at last month's NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis that raised doubts about his potential as a three-down linebacker. NFL Network's Mike Mayock, however, still sees first-round material.

"I believe it," Mayock told "NFL AM" on Tuesday from South Bend, Ind. "Here's what I think is going to happen. I think the interest in (Te'o) will start approximately at 19 with the Giants, 20 with Chicago. The real soft spot is Minnesota -- they have two first-round picks, 23 and 25. They lost their inside linebacker Jasper Brinkley to free agency and their general manager, Rick Spielman, who's here by the way, has a history of drafting Notre Dame players that have played really well. So 23, 25 to me is a logical place, 28 to Denver perhaps, or even Baltimore at 32 because we know they have a big hole in the middle of that defense."

Added Mayock: "You either like this kid and you believe he's a three-down linebacker and hence worthy of a first-round pick, or you don't."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000153551/article/mayock-notre-dames-manti-teo-still-a-firstround-pick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 7 of 26

Jump to: