Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Whats the bigger need in the first round a WR or a DT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panthers11

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what Patterson brings to this team more than Austin, for sure.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
iknowcool

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
I'd even go on to say

1. Steve Smith
2. ??

Brandon LaFell isn't even a number 2 in this league. If we don't make the playoffs this year I can really see Steve Smith retiring. He is kinda a punk to being with and I don't see him wasting his time. He will either demand a trade or retire. Not really my favorite Panther ever.

We haven't made the playoffs since 2008. If Smith was really that bothered by (well, I'm sure he's bothered, but you know what I mean) or that being of a "punk," he would have been retired or not signed an extension with us.
HighPointNCKid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way in hell that WR is a bigger need than DT. If you think that, you have no business watching Panthers games!! Period! We havent had a legit DT since we traded Jenkins to the Jets. Wasnt that like 10 years ago?
DT is THE #1 need! Especially with the Falcons signing Steven Jackson, not to mention TB has Doug Martin, NO has Ingram, Ivory and Sprolles. We have to be stout up the middle. We will get killed if we dont address DT and we need to re-sign Dwan Edwards. WR is low on the long list of priorities. Its absurd to think otherwise.
boondock

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighPointNCKid wrote:
No way in hell that WR is a bigger need than DT. If you think that, you have no business watching Panthers games!! Period! We havent had a legit DT since we traded Jenkins to the Jets. Wasnt that like 10 years ago?
DT is THE #1 need! Especially with the Falcons signing Steven Jackson, not to mention TB has Doug Martin, NO has Ingram, Ivory and Sprolles. We have to be stout up the middle. We will get killed if we dont address DT and we need to re-sign Dwan Edwards. WR is low on the long list of priorities. Its absurd to think otherwise.

But what if there is not a DT worthy of the pick or there is simply better players available?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need DT, but not necessarily one of the undertackles at the top of the draft. I would LOVE to trade down 10 spots, add second rounder, and take Williams or Hankins. I would then add D. Hopkins (WR) and a S or CB.
faccda01

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

catamount wrote:
We need DT, but not necessarily one of the undertackles at the top of the draft. I would LOVE to trade down 10 spots, add second rounder, and take Williams or Hankins. I would then add D. Hopkins (WR) and a S or CB.

I wouldn't be upset if we did that.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
catamount wrote:
I wouldn't be upset if we did that.
Finding a trade partner is an issue, but yeah, if that happened, I don't think I could really complain.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
shaX 07

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
I'd even go on to say

1. Steve Smith
2. ??

Brandon LaFell isn't even a number 2 in this league. If we don't make the playoffs this year I can really see Steve Smith retiring. He is kinda a punk to being with and I don't see him wasting his time. He will either demand a trade or retire. Not really my favorite Panther ever.

I agree... It's more like....

1. Steve Smith
2. ??
3. Brandon LaFell
4. ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: