Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TWR MOCK V2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titans will return

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: TWR MOCK V2 Reply with quote

Remaining Free Agent additions:
Brad Jones LB
Ryan Fitzpatrick QB

2013 NFL DRAFT
Round 1.)Ezekial "Ziggy" Ansah DE,BYU- The big, quick twitch DE that's an imposing physical presence for the DL. Helps give the Titans a defensive identity that we haven't had since the Freak's first go around.

Round 2.) Matt Elam S, Florida- BPA. Elam is a playmaker- he is a stud, he can tackle, cover and plays ST's. A great leader and brings top notch energy each week and on each play. Rises to the occasion when playing top talent.PLays much bigger than his size indicates.

Round 3.)Tyrann Mathieu NB/DB,LSU- The Titans have done such a nice job getting players this offseason to help create a new image and identity for the team while adding players that were positions of need- that they have flexibility to take some risks in the draft. There isn't a better value pick in this draft than getting a top 25 talent late in round 3. Lets all hope Mathieu has changed because the tenacity, toughness and playmaking ability he would bring to our NB spot would make him a day 1 impact player and would make losing Verner next season a smooth transition. While Mathieu may not ever be an outside corner, in todays NFL the nickel defense is now the base D and he will get his playing time. Matthieu is an excellent tackler, very loose hips and has elite ball skills for a defensive back. Also an excellent returner and special teams player. Best pick of the draft. After adding George Wilson, Matt Elam and now Tyrann Mathieu the Titans have just made their secondary a strength of their team.

Round 3c) Brian Winters OG,Kent State- Tough physical player that will bring the nastiness to the RG position that we have been lacking next to the big nasty David Stewart at RT. Winters will be making a position change, as he projects better at RG than T, the position he played over 45 games at in college. Winters is a tough nasty G who will be a dominant run blocker, finish plays all the way to and through the whistle. Winters durability, tenacity and physicality make him a Munchak hand molded player that would start from day 1 at RG.

Round 4.) Ryan Swope Slot,Texas A&M- The Titans are still trying to find a slot WR to add to their offense. After failing to pull the Trigger at 10 for Tavon Austin and missing out on Patton in round 2, the Titans go with my 3rd ranked Slot WR here in Swope. Very good hands and has good YAC ability for his strength running through tackles. 40 time is faster than game speed, but a very proven threat with great route understanding and hands to catch any pass in or away from his frame. Swope does have some medical history in his past and there may be some concern with his concussion past.

Round 5.) Levine Toilolo TE,Stanford- At 6ft8 with 35 inch arm and a 31" vert- Toilolo offers a nice athletic frame for the redone. Always has been in the shadow at Stanford, but always has been able to put up respectable numbers. A willing blocker who gives good effort in that aspect of the game. He is raw and not an over whelming prospect but in the 5th round he's a player that could make an impact in certain aspects of the game.

Round 5c) Kwame Geathers DT,Georgia- Listed at 6ft6 355 lbs, Geathers is HUGE! Geathers' has great a bloodline with his dad,brother and uncle all playing in the NFL. For someone his size he has good speed (for his size). Geathers really needs to work on playing stronger at the POA and learn to use his size to better his leverage. He could one day be a good threat if he could learn the nuances of the game, be a better technician and play with better leverage.

Round 7.)Kenny Tate LB,Maryland- At this point in the draft its about finding potential and depth. Tate originally recruited as a WR and then to the secondary is now an undersized OLB.Physical and athletic which i feel will be a good addition for our special teams unit and would offer more upside as a depth LB than the Bailey and Shaws of the world.

Round 7c) Marquis Jackson DE,Portland State-Brother of former Vol DE Malik Jackson. Marquis has a great frame at 6ft5 265 lbs. Has an explosive first step off the snap and good length for the position. He is well traveled after playing for 3 different teams in college, one being a JUCO, but you would like a bit more consistency in that aspect. Worth a late round flyer if his athleticism can translate to the next level.
Deconbrodi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definitely like this draft. Hits on needs and value. Kudos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would adore this draft! If we could somehow land Lattimore in the 4th, this would be a dream scenario, for sure!

Deeeeej on the sig.
Ockham

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope everyone is there where you have them. I like it.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
Ockham

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope everyone is there where you have them. I like it.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this draft. Just not sure Ansah will be available, but I hope he is.

Also, not sure about Elam. Need to watch more tape of him.

Big fan of taking Mattheiu in the third. Can take Finnegan's old role.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: