Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UPDATE: Greg Jennings signs with Minnesota
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GoPackGo25


Joined: 26 Feb 2008
Posts: 6049
Location: packerbacker87 on the avy!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
GoPackGo25 wrote:
DannoMac21 wrote:
Looks like Favre helped Jennings process. Screw both these guys

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151625/article/greg-jennings-brett-favre-helped-with-vikings-deal
Just when we thought the whole Favre/Packers situation was starting to heal and get better.....


Favre's such a pig, I hope he never gets inducted in the Packer HOF.
I personally wouldn't go that far. The guy was my idol growing up and I always had to watch him play. The family even made a trip there in 07 so I could see him play in person.

His personality is questionable, but he was the best QB we've ever had as far as I'm concerned. Rodgers could get there, but Favre was so great for so long. It just sucks, I was really believing that things were starting to get better. I guess not.
_________________

Credit: TheDeeeeej

Adopt a T-Wolf: Kevin Love
PPG RPG APG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Polaris


Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Posts: 3128
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
GoPackGo25 wrote:
DannoMac21 wrote:
Looks like Favre helped Jennings process. Screw both these guys

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151625/article/greg-jennings-brett-favre-helped-with-vikings-deal
Just when we thought the whole Favre/Packers situation was starting to heal and get better.....


Favre's such a pig, I hope he never gets inducted in the Packer HOF.


His on-the-field achievements warrant induction into the Packer HOF.

But retiring his number is the highest honor a franchise can bestow on a player. It's more than the Packer HOF, more than the HOF. It's the organization's way of saying your contributions to the franchise are so great that you deserve this.

I have no doubt that somewhere in Favre's twisted mind-chamber he thinks that if other Packers jump to the Vikings it validates what he did. If Favre had served out his contract and gone to the Vikings, that would have been one thing but he actively conspired to get out of his deal with the Packers so he could play against them.

Now, 5 years after he left the team, he's still encouraging Packer players to play against them. He's not making money for doing this, so he's doing it for another reason.

Jennings' comment about how "Favre will be straight with me" is laughable. Once Upon A Time, people attributed a lot of qualities to Favre like honesty, integrity, loyalty, etc. just because he was a good football player. Now, anybody with a shred of objectivity realizes this is a guy who is not a straight shooter, and who will certainly be dishonest and dishonorable if he feels the urge.

If Jennings is stupid enough to believe Favre is a straight shooter, that's fine. I'm not. And I hope that a few more people wake up to the fact that Favre is not worthy of having his number retired.
Quote:

but he was the best QB we've ever had as far as I'm concerned


As long as Bart Starr has 2 Super Bowl MVPs and 5 titles, and Favre has 0 and 1, that statement is not true. Perhaps you never saw Starr lead the team....I did, and Bart Starr was a great QB. A leader. A guy who kept his cool in the clutch. A guy who played his best on the biggest stage.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pollino14


Joined: 14 Jan 2006
Posts: 16161
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo25 wrote:
pollino14 wrote:
GoPackGo25 wrote:
DannoMac21 wrote:
Looks like Favre helped Jennings process. Screw both these guys

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151625/article/greg-jennings-brett-favre-helped-with-vikings-deal
Just when we thought the whole Favre/Packers situation was starting to heal and get better.....


Favre's such a pig, I hope he never gets inducted in the Packer HOF.
I personally wouldn't go that far. The guy was my idol growing up and I always had to watch him play. The family even made a trip there in 07 so I could see him play in person.

His personality is questionable, but he was the best QB we've ever had as far as I'm concerned. Rodgers could get there, but Favre was so great for so long. It just sucks, I was really believing that things were starting to get better. I guess not.


Sorry I disagree. Starr over Favre for sure and after another year or two Rodgers.

If he's going to continue to disrespect our franchise like this, forget about him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GBPackers79


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 19626
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.620wtmj.com/blogs/gregmatzek/199146891.html


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
JBURGE25


Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 11687
Location: Canadia
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:
pollino14 wrote:
GoPackGo25 wrote:
DannoMac21 wrote:
Looks like Favre helped Jennings process. Screw both these guys

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151625/article/greg-jennings-brett-favre-helped-with-vikings-deal
Just when we thought the whole Favre/Packers situation was starting to heal and get better.....


Favre's such a pig, I hope he never gets inducted in the Packer HOF.


His on-the-field achievements warrant induction into the Packer HOF.

But retiring his number is the highest honor a franchise can bestow on a player. It's more than the Packer HOF, more than the HOF. It's the organization's way of saying your contributions to the franchise are so great that you deserve this.

I have no doubt that somewhere in Favre's twisted mind-chamber he thinks that if other Packers jump to the Vikings it validates what he did. If Favre had served out his contract and gone to the Vikings, that would have been one thing but he actively conspired to get out of his deal with the Packers so he could play against them.

Now, 5 years after he left the team, he's still encouraging Packer players to play against them. He's not making money for doing this, so he's doing it for another reason.

Jennings' comment about how "Favre will be straight with me" is laughable. Once Upon A Time, people attributed a lot of qualities to Favre like honesty, integrity, loyalty, etc. just because he was a good football player. Now, anybody with a shred of objectivity realizes this is a guy who is not a straight shooter, and who will certainly be dishonest and dishonorable if he feels the urge.

If Jennings is stupid enough to believe Favre is a straight shooter, that's fine. I'm not. And I hope that a few more people wake up to the fact that Favre is not worthy of having his number retired.
Quote:

but he was the best QB we've ever had as far as I'm concerned


As long as Bart Starr has 2 Super Bowl MVPs and 5 titles, and Favre has 0 and 1, that statement is not true. Perhaps you never saw Starr lead the team....I did, and Bart Starr was a great QB. A leader. A guy who kept his cool in the clutch. A guy who played his best on the biggest stage.


Ugh. This hit home
_________________

XBL: ShiiNyIV
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigKev2011


Joined: 23 Apr 2012
Posts: 43
Location: St. Louis MO
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="GoPackGo25"][quote="pollino14"]
GoPackGo25 wrote:

His personality is questionable, but he was the best QB we've ever had as far as I'm concerned.


As far as I'm concerned Rodgers surpassed Favre his second year With his TD to INT ratio and I watched Favre also I was upset when he left just like everyone else. He and Driver were the reasons I became a Packers fan. So to watch him in Purple sucked but as mad as I was I cannot deny how good he was for us but still Rodgers surpassed him in year two. So with Jennings leaving I'm upset but I will live with this mostly because I know we have a deep receiving core to work with we aren't the Rams who just lost their best WR to FA. Plus now we get to see him twice a year lose to us with his below avg QB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 7593
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
http://www.620wtmj.com/blogs/gregmatzek/199146891.html


This whole "Saving Face" act won't work on me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nfldraftguru1


Joined: 07 Feb 2009
Posts: 9777
Location: Whitewater, WI
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
http://www.620wtmj.com/blogs/gregmatzek/199146891.html


This whole "Saving Face" act won't work on me.

Then I guess continue to be irrational.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GreenGold12


Joined: 28 Feb 2009
Posts: 2254
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
http://www.620wtmj.com/blogs/gregmatzek/199146891.html


This whole "Saving Face" act won't work on me.


So he should just take less money because he likes us?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
{Family Ghost}


Joined: 08 Jun 2010
Posts: 1249
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice gesture by GJ, but he's still a Viking. Thanks for the memories and all, but I hope he falls on his face in Minny.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PackFan4Life


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 3970
Location: De Pere, WI
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Family Ghost} wrote:
Nice gesture by GJ, but he's still a Viking. Thanks for the memories and all, but I hope he falls on his face in Minny.


This sums it up best. Hope he fails mightily in purple, along with the rest of that embarrassment over there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GBPackers79


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 19626
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenGold12 wrote:
So he should just take less money because he likes us?


No, but it was always about the money for GJ and he talked like other things mattered.

I'll be rooting against the guy, but I don't have any hatred for him. That being said, it's totally understandable to not be too fond of the guy considering how he went about things. He turned down offers from New England and Green Bay, yet stressed the importance of QB play.

At least I think that's where MNPack is coming from. Honestly, it probably turned out better for us that he left and we didn't have to pay him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
nfldraftguru1


Joined: 07 Feb 2009
Posts: 9777
Location: Whitewater, WI
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean, if you wanna root against him because he's on the Vikings, that makes perfect sense, but don't hate him even more simply because he went to the Vikings (team that offered the most $). It's kind of silly.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigKev2011


Joined: 23 Apr 2012
Posts: 43
Location: St. Louis MO
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:
Nice gesture by GJ, but he's still a Viking. Thanks for the memories and all, but I hope he falls on his face in Minny.


This sums it up best. Hope he fails mightily in purple, along with the rest of that embarrassment over there.


This is all in good spirit of course
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DocHolliday


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 7487
Location: Sun Praire, Wisconsin
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
GreenGold12 wrote:
So he should just take less money because he likes us?


No, but it was always about the money for GJ and he talked like other things mattered.

I'll be rooting against the guy, but I don't have any hatred for him. That being said, it's totally understandable to not be too fond of the guy considering how he went about things. He turned down offers from New England and Green Bay, yet stressed the importance of QB play.

At least I think that's where MNPack is coming from. Honestly, it probably turned out better for us that he left and we didn't have to pay him.


Of course it was about the money even his goodbye is on the Wednesday paper instead of the Sunday one to save cash.
_________________
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

Despite Favre's deplorable behavior the decision to kick him to the curb in favor of Aaron Rodgers will go down as one of the worst decisions ever made by a NFL franchise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 38 of 42

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group