Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UPDATE: Greg Jennings signs with Minnesota
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoPackGo25

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
GoPackGo25 wrote:
DannoMac21 wrote:
Looks like Favre helped Jennings process. Screw both these guys

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151625/article/greg-jennings-brett-favre-helped-with-vikings-deal
Just when we thought the whole Favre/Packers situation was starting to heal and get better.....

Favre's such a pig, I hope he never gets inducted in the Packer HOF.
I personally wouldn't go that far. The guy was my idol growing up and I always had to watch him play. The family even made a trip there in 07 so I could see him play in person.

His personality is questionable, but he was the best QB we've ever had as far as I'm concerned. Rodgers could get there, but Favre was so great for so long. It just sucks, I was really believing that things were starting to get better. I guess not.

Credit: TheDeeeeej

Adopt a T-Wolf: Kevin Love
PPG RPG APG
Polaris

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
GoPackGo25 wrote:
DannoMac21 wrote:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151625/article/greg-jennings-brett-favre-helped-with-vikings-deal
Just when we thought the whole Favre/Packers situation was starting to heal and get better.....

His on-the-field achievements warrant induction into the Packer HOF.

But retiring his number is the highest honor a franchise can bestow on a player. It's more than the Packer HOF, more than the HOF. It's the organization's way of saying your contributions to the franchise are so great that you deserve this.

I have no doubt that somewhere in Favre's twisted mind-chamber he thinks that if other Packers jump to the Vikings it validates what he did. If Favre had served out his contract and gone to the Vikings, that would have been one thing but he actively conspired to get out of his deal with the Packers so he could play against them.

Now, 5 years after he left the team, he's still encouraging Packer players to play against them. He's not making money for doing this, so he's doing it for another reason.

Jennings' comment about how "Favre will be straight with me" is laughable. Once Upon A Time, people attributed a lot of qualities to Favre like honesty, integrity, loyalty, etc. just because he was a good football player. Now, anybody with a shred of objectivity realizes this is a guy who is not a straight shooter, and who will certainly be dishonest and dishonorable if he feels the urge.

If Jennings is stupid enough to believe Favre is a straight shooter, that's fine. I'm not. And I hope that a few more people wake up to the fact that Favre is not worthy of having his number retired.
Quote:

but he was the best QB we've ever had as far as I'm concerned

As long as Bart Starr has 2 Super Bowl MVPs and 5 titles, and Favre has 0 and 1, that statement is not true. Perhaps you never saw Starr lead the team....I did, and Bart Starr was a great QB. A leader. A guy who kept his cool in the clutch. A guy who played his best on the biggest stage.
pollino14

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo25 wrote:
pollino14 wrote:
GoPackGo25 wrote:
DannoMac21 wrote:

I personally wouldn't go that far. The guy was my idol growing up and I always had to watch him play. The family even made a trip there in 07 so I could see him play in person.

His personality is questionable, but he was the best QB we've ever had as far as I'm concerned. Rodgers could get there, but Favre was so great for so long. It just sucks, I was really believing that things were starting to get better. I guess not.

Sorry I disagree. Starr over Favre for sure and after another year or two Rodgers.

If he's going to continue to disrespect our franchise like this, forget about him.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.620wtmj.com/blogs/gregmatzek/199146891.html

JBURGE25

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:
pollino14 wrote:
GoPackGo25 wrote:
DannoMac21 wrote:

His on-the-field achievements warrant induction into the Packer HOF.

But retiring his number is the highest honor a franchise can bestow on a player. It's more than the Packer HOF, more than the HOF. It's the organization's way of saying your contributions to the franchise are so great that you deserve this.

I have no doubt that somewhere in Favre's twisted mind-chamber he thinks that if other Packers jump to the Vikings it validates what he did. If Favre had served out his contract and gone to the Vikings, that would have been one thing but he actively conspired to get out of his deal with the Packers so he could play against them.

Now, 5 years after he left the team, he's still encouraging Packer players to play against them. He's not making money for doing this, so he's doing it for another reason.

Jennings' comment about how "Favre will be straight with me" is laughable. Once Upon A Time, people attributed a lot of qualities to Favre like honesty, integrity, loyalty, etc. just because he was a good football player. Now, anybody with a shred of objectivity realizes this is a guy who is not a straight shooter, and who will certainly be dishonest and dishonorable if he feels the urge.

If Jennings is stupid enough to believe Favre is a straight shooter, that's fine. I'm not. And I hope that a few more people wake up to the fact that Favre is not worthy of having his number retired.
Quote:

but he was the best QB we've ever had as far as I'm concerned

As long as Bart Starr has 2 Super Bowl MVPs and 5 titles, and Favre has 0 and 1, that statement is not true. Perhaps you never saw Starr lead the team....I did, and Bart Starr was a great QB. A leader. A guy who kept his cool in the clutch. A guy who played his best on the biggest stage.

Ugh. This hit home

XBL: ShiiNyIV
bigKev2011

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="GoPackGo25"][quote="pollino14"]
GoPackGo25 wrote:

His personality is questionable, but he was the best QB we've ever had as far as I'm concerned.

As far as I'm concerned Rodgers surpassed Favre his second year With his TD to INT ratio and I watched Favre also I was upset when he left just like everyone else. He and Driver were the reasons I became a Packers fan. So to watch him in Purple sucked but as mad as I was I cannot deny how good he was for us but still Rodgers surpassed him in year two. So with Jennings leaving I'm upset but I will live with this mostly because I know we have a deep receiving core to work with we aren't the Rams who just lost their best WR to FA. Plus now we get to see him twice a year lose to us with his below avg QB
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:

This whole "Saving Face" act won't work on me.
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:

Then I guess continue to be irrational.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:

So he should just take less money because he likes us?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice gesture by GJ, but he's still a Viking. Thanks for the memories and all, but I hope he falls on his face in Minny.
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Family Ghost} wrote:
Nice gesture by GJ, but he's still a Viking. Thanks for the memories and all, but I hope he falls on his face in Minny.

This sums it up best. Hope he fails mightily in purple, along with the rest of that embarrassment over there.
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenGold12 wrote:

No, but it was always about the money for GJ and he talked like other things mattered.

I'll be rooting against the guy, but I don't have any hatred for him. That being said, it's totally understandable to not be too fond of the guy considering how he went about things. He turned down offers from New England and Green Bay, yet stressed the importance of QB play.

At least I think that's where MNPack is coming from. Honestly, it probably turned out better for us that he left and we didn't have to pay him.
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean, if you wanna root against him because he's on the Vikings, that makes perfect sense, but don't hate him even more simply because he went to the Vikings (team that offered the most $). It's kind of silly.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:

This sums it up best. Hope he fails mightily in purple, along with the rest of that embarrassment over there.

This is all in good spirit of course
DocHolliday

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
GreenGold12 wrote:

No, but it was always about the money for GJ and he talked like other things mattered.

I'll be rooting against the guy, but I don't have any hatred for him. That being said, it's totally understandable to not be too fond of the guy considering how he went about things. He turned down offers from New England and Green Bay, yet stressed the importance of QB play.

At least I think that's where MNPack is coming from. Honestly, it probably turned out better for us that he left and we didn't have to pay him.

Of course it was about the money even his goodbye is on the Wednesday paper instead of the Sunday one to save cash.

Despite Favre's deplorable behavior the decision to kick him to the curb in favor of Aaron Rodgers will go down as one of the worst decisions ever made by a NFL franchise.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 38 of 42

Jump to: