Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nick's Offseason Mock v1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Nick's Offseason Mock v1 Reply with quote

Here's my first offseason mock of the year. I will do another once FA winds down and one right before the draft. Before you ask where is OL in the draft, I believe we will be signing Brandon Moore or some other OG prior to the draft.

1) Kansas City Chiefs - LT, Luke Joeckel (what a bad year to pick #1)
2) Jacksonville Jaguars - DE/OLB, Dion Jordan
3) Oakland Raiders - DT, Sharif Floyd
4) Philadelphia Eagles - CB, Dee Milliner
5) Detroit Lions - DE, Ziggy Ansah
6) Cleveland Browns - DT, Star Lotulelei
7) Arizona Cardinals - LT, Eric Fisher (Helps us out tremendously being available here. Either way, I think they would even select Lane Johnson if Fisher goes to Philly)

Round 1

With the 8th overall pick, the Buffalo Bills select:

Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia

Optimistic pick but I think it's our year. I could see us trading with the Browns to ensure we get him over the Cardinals, but ultimately I think Buddy stays here and Geno falls.

Round 2

With pick 41, the Buffalo Bills select:

Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee

This guy is without a doubt my second favorite prospect after Geno. He's big, fast, and if he can stay healthy, he can be a big time playmaker for a long time. He fits the mold for exactly what we need at our #2 WR.

Noteable WR's drafted above him

#9 Jets - WR, Cordarrelle Patterson
#16 Rams - WR, Tavon Austin
#25 Vikings - WR, Keenan Allen
#27 Texans - WR, DeAndre Hopkins
#36 Lions - WR, Robert Woods

Round 3

With pick 71, the Buffalo Bills select:

Tyrann Mathieu, CB/S, Louisiana State University

Call me crazy but I love this guy. Simply put, he is a playmaker. We need a guy like this and someone who can bring some swagger to this defense (when was the last time we had it on D?). He can step in and play corner, or rotate with Searcy at safety. His ceiling is extremely high and worth the risk in my opinion.

I'm calling it now, he will be Stevie's best friend! Laughing

Round 4

With pick 104, the Buffalo Bills select:

Jon Bostic, LB, Florida

We went out and got Manny Lawson to fit the OLB position but we still need LB help badly. Bostic can compete with Bradham and Shepard for a starting position.

Round 5

With pick 136, the Buffalo Bills select:

Dion Sims, TE, Michigan State

We NEED a #2 TE and someone to back up a recovering Chandler. Sims is a receiving threat and a big, comfortable target for young Geno Smith.

Round 6

With pick 167, the Buffalo Bills select:

William Gholston, DE, Michigan State

This guy is a monster. He might not be here but we all know the draft is unpredictable past the 3rd round. I see a bunch of guys falling that weren't expected to. Regardless of Gholston's availability I see us going DE or BPA at S/CB here.

--- BTW, I'm not a Michigan State fan!

Go Buckeyes!!! Laughing

Please share your thoughts! I know I'll have some Mathieu haters out there!

jsnydes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably a pretty good mock. I'm just conservative and deathly afraid to miss on a QB in rd1. Gotta love Justin Hunter in rd2.

TommyC376^^^
TommyC376

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only pick I dislike is the 3rd round, it's not that I don't like the Honey Badger, I think it's a huge reach in the 3rd, he is a sketchy player who doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes. I hope he turns into a good player. But I think he is a CB/FS tweener, meaning he isn't fast enough to play CB but isn't big enough to play Safety.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply put...Love it!
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
Probably a pretty good mock. I'm just conservative and deathly afraid to miss on a QB in rd1. Gotta love Justin Hunter in rd2.

I think it's time to take a risk man. Geno is by far the best available QB in my eyes and if he's there we have to take him.

And I agree, Hunter is an awesome WR. Only fear I have is that someone grabs him in round 1.

TommyC376 wrote:
The only pick I dislike is the 3rd round, it's not that I don't like the Honey Badger, I think it's a huge reach in the 3rd, he is a sketchy player who doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes. I hope he turns into a good player. But I think he is a CB/FS tweener, meaning he isn't fast enough to play CB but isn't big enough to play Safety.

I knew I'd have some people against it with good reason, and I could see myself changing this pick in my later mocks. No matter what, it's a gamble at any round, but it could pay off HUGE. We have no playmakers on defense aside from Byrd. I would have to disagree with the "not being fast enough" part. He's plays fast and proved during the drills at the combine. He ran a mid 4.4 too... that's pretty fast.

Trentwannabe wrote:
Simply put...Love it!

Thanks! So do I! Hope the Bills see it Laughing

Buffalo_Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly if we got Geno at 8 i would like the draft even if we made some dumb picks later. Not saying your picks are bad, just saying that cause we got Geno at 8 i give it an A+.

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo_Kid wrote:
Honestly if we got Geno at 8 i would like the draft even if we made some dumb picks later. Not saying your picks are bad, just saying that cause we got Geno at 8 i give it an A+.

I completely agree. If we draft Geno at 8 the rest of the picks are an added bonus in my opinion.

Tk3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno Smith is the 2013 draft equivalent of Christan Ponder or Blaine Gabbert..

The only difference is there is no true elite QB in this draft to put Geno where he really belong..

Todd Mcshay has him as his #22 prospect
Mel Kiper does not even have him on his big board

We are overhyping Geno simply because there is nobody great out there, but in reality he is a late 1st type of guy..

Saying that he is our franchise savior and it is an A+ draft if we get him and burn the rest of the picks is completely drinking the cool aid..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The logic I am hearing is:

We need to take a risk.. We need to draft a QB..

The problem is, we are taking a risk simply for the sake of taking a risk.. Not because it is a risk that is worth taking..

If a guy is worth a mid 20s (as Kiper/McShay/any other draft personality suggest).. Then we are MAJORLY reaching by taking him at 8..

Donte Whitner level of reaching.. John McCargo level of reaching..

People are putting on blinders because they WANT to believe, not because the information out there tells us we SHOULD believe..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:

The only difference is there is no true elite QB in this draft to put Geno where he really belong..

We are overhyping Geno simply because there is nobody great out there, but in reality he is a late 1st type of guy..

Saying that he is our franchise savior and it is an A+ draft if we get him and burn the rest of the picks is completely drinking the cool aid.

that's not taking what i said and blowing it out of proportion or anything

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick your hired !! Excellent mock only I'd swap Hunter with Terrance Williams or DeAndre Hopkins but just preference. Love the Dion Sims and William Gholston picks late.

Might be a tad early for the Honey Badger but oh well, he is exciting
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:

Saying that he is our franchise savior and it is an A+ draft if we get him and burn the rest of the picks is completely drinking the cool aid..

Everything a Geno lover says is an opinion, and everything Geno haters say are theres. But truth be told, every year QB's get pushed up..including Newton, Tannehill, Sanchez, Matt Ice, Flacco even was considered questionable at 18.

If we take Geno some "experts" will hate it and some will love it. Same goes for fans. But for me (and I believe most of us out there) were sick of the Bills passing on QB's early and taking "projects" in the 3rd or later rounds. Its Buffalo's time to take a 1st round flyer on a guy..if he bust then were screwed, but he just might not and might actually be our franchise saviour. Every year Tk3 you say if were going to take a QB it should be in round one, now this year you're on the Tyler Bray bandwagon in the 3rd, whats with that?

I don't care what anyone says about cool-aid or what the brilliant minds at ESPN think, Geno Smith is Buffalo's best chance at a franchise QB, he has all the tools we want but has struggled in big games...which is okay because if anyone hasn't noticed..Buffalo doesn't play in too many. We are in prime position to take him and if we pass on him or don't take an offer to move up a bit i will be thoroughly unhappy.
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo_Kid wrote:
Tk3 wrote:

Saying that he is our franchise savior and it is an A+ draft if we get him and burn the rest of the picks is completely drinking the cool aid.

that's not taking what i said and blowing it out of proportion or anything

Same for me..

What if he works out? You're looking at this as if it already failed. Did Gilmore warrant the 10th pick last year? I don't think so, he was a guy thought to get picked in the late teens and into the 20s. Did Spiller warrant the 9th pick? Nope, he panned out excellent.

McShay and Kiper are wrong more times than right. Basing your rankings off them is not a valid argument in my opinion. I think most would pick Mayock over them two anyways, and his opinion on Geno is very high.

Trent just made a bunch of excellent points. Every year QB's go early and some work out, some don't. It's my opinion that he is going to work out.

QuinneyluvsNFL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd swap rounds 1 and 2, WR (patterson) in the first and a QB (Manuel/Wilson/Bray) In the 2nd, but asides from that, I like the draft you have here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: