Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Updated Team Needs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JRT2006

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Updated Team Needs? Reply with quote

(Gulp....) Hey Fellas,

After Recent Free Agency, I was wondering if you could help me on an updated list of Team Needs, this is what I have so far:

HIGH Priorities: (Desperate)
Feature Running Back (able to handle a full load)
Tight End
43 Defensive Tackle
43 Defensive End (How bad did the Dumerville mix up hurt the position?)
43 Outside Linebacker
Free Safety
Strong Safety

MEDIUM Priorities: (Team Need)
Right Tackle
Guard
Center
Left Tackle (this may need to be lower or removed)
Inside Linebacker

LOW Priorities: (Draft for depth)
???

...Correct me on any mistakes please
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside linebacker is not a need at all nor is Left Tackle, Right Tackle, Tight End, Free Safety, Guard or a RB to carry the full load. The biggest need is Middle Linebacker.

Heres mine:
1. Middle Linebacker
2. Defensive End (Assuming Dumervil leaves)
3. Defensive Tackle
4. Strong Safety
5. Running Back
6. Wide Receiver
7. Interior OL depth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree about MLB being a need. A guy who will realistically see 40% (at most) of the snaps on this team is in no way a need. Between Bradley, Mays, Irving, and Johnson, it's clear this team is satisfied at MLB going forward, or so it would seem.

RB isn't a major need because realistically, a triumvirate of Moreno, McGahee, and Hillman will suffice, given Welker/Thomas/Decker are the threesome.

Tight end is not a high priority for us. We have Tamme and Dreessen, who performed admirably last year, IMO, and Virgil Green as a blocking TE.

FS isn't a need either. Rahim Moore is fine and will be the starter. I can see them drafting a SS alongside him as Adams has only one more year and Carter was injured and could be in legal trouble.

I would say our needs are as follows:

1. DL (be it DE or DT)- getting Doom back or losing him doesn't matter, we still need more pass rushers. At DT, we have Vickerson and Knighton, but getting another body works fine.
2. SS/CB
3. RB
4. MLB
5. WR

Thanks, Tzimisce
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
I disagree about MLB being a need. A guy who will realistically see 40% (at most) of the snaps on this team is in no way a need. Between Bradley, Mays, Irving, and Johnson, it's clear this team is satisfied at MLB going forward, or so it would seem.

RB isn't a major need because realistically, a triumvirate of Moreno, McGahee, and Hillman will suffice, given Welker/Thomas/Decker are the threesome.

Tight end is not a high priority for us. We have Tamme and Dreessen, who performed admirably last year, IMO, and Virgil Green as a blocking TE.

FS isn't a need either. Rahim Moore is fine and will be the starter. I can see them drafting a SS alongside him as Adams has only one more year and Carter was injured and could be in legal trouble.

1. DL (be it DE or DT)- getting Doom back or losing him doesn't matter, we still need more pass rushers. At DT, we have Vickerson and Knighton, but getting another body works fine.
2. SS/CB
3. RB
4. MLB
5. WR

Alec Ogletree would definitely see more thanb 40% of the snaps. He'd be perfect to matchup with TE's.

Bradley couldn't start over Paris Lenon and Irving isn't proven.

However, DE/DT is still a bigger need and so RB. I'm okay with Mike Adams at SS for 1 more year but I'd like to draft someone.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

2. SS/CB
3. RB
4. MLB
5. WR

Alec Ogletree would definitely see more thanb 40% of the snaps. He'd be perfect to matchup with TE's.

However, DE/DT is still a bigger need and so RB. I'm okay with Mike Adams at SS for 1 more year but I'd like to draft someone.

I agree about Ogletree but we won't draft him. His off the field issues will prevent that, plus we just got rid of one knucklehead LB, we won't pick up another.

Thanks, Tzimisce
marktheshark

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top end (draft) talent:
DE
MLB
RB
FB
OG
CB
C
TE
DT
S
OLB
QB
OT

Depth:
DE
DT
CB
S
C
FB
OG
MLB
TE
RB
OLB
QB
OT

Overall:
DE
CB

As much a Woofe and Von have made an impact the loss of Doom hurts, and frankly he was one domentional and this position needed depth with or without him.
Champ could move to S later in his career but he's still one of the best in the game, until outherwise Harris is best in vs the slot and DRC is a one year wounder. I'd say outside of DE & S our biggest need might be TE...

Think about it. Clark was Mannings go to guy in Indy, not saying the guys we have are on that leval but if a guy with Gronks or Grams talent is there at #28 I think a we would be hard pressed if we didn't think about it.

A guy like 6'6 Zach Eartz with Welker, Thomas & Decker would give huge matchup problems for any teams we faced.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

2. SS/CB
3. RB
4. MLB
5. WR

I agree about Ogletree but we won't draft him. His off the field issues will prevent that, plus we just got rid of one knucklehead LB, we won't pick up another.

Thats my point. All-Around type guy. I dont mean a MLB that wont play in Nickel.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

2. SS/CB
3. RB
4. MLB
5. WR

Ehh. It's not like he's a 1st overall pick. I'd take a flyer on him at 28 although he probably won't make it to 28.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
hibdib31

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

2. SS/CB
3. RB
4. MLB
5. WR

Ehh. It's not like he's a 1st overall pick. I'd take a flyer on him at 28 although he probably won't make it to 28.

I'm with you on a three-down LB, probably Alec Olgetree. Linebackers have the easiest transition from college to the pros on the defensive side of the ball, so he could be productive from the get-go.
He would be great on 1st and 2nd down playing behind the two 330 pound defensive tackles and could cover the tight ends on 3rd down. A nickle defense would look something like this:

[Dumervil?/RE] -- Vickerson -- Wolfe -- Miller
Olgetree -- Woodyard
Bailey -- Harris -- Moore -- Adams -- Rodgers-Cromartie
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

2. SS/CB
3. RB
4. MLB
5. WR

I'm with you on a three-down LB, probably Alec Olgetree. Linebackers have the easiest transition from college to the pros on the defensive side of the ball, so he could be productive from the get-go.
He would be great on 1st and 2nd down playing behind the two 330 pound defensive tackles and could cover the tight ends on 3rd down. A nickle defense would look something like this:

[Dumervil?/RE] -- Vickerson -- Wolfe -- Miller
Olgetree -- Woodyard
Bailey -- Harris -- Moore -- Adams -- Rodgers-Cromartie

Too bad Ogletree wont make it to #28. DUI or not. Hes not slipping past the Bears at 20.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:

2. SS/CB
3. RB
4. MLB
5. WR

Gosh...I don't want to, but I have to agree with all of this. I hate agreeing with anyone.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:

2. SS/CB
3. RB
4. MLB
5. WR

I could not agree more. Your list is spot on. And reading the following this morning only gave evidence to the prior notion held in our forum here that - against claims by idiotic parts of the Denver media - Moore was just fine last year. If anything, Adams' position may need an upgrade. Although I have defended him in the past, he is the serviceable, yet average link in our secondary; not Moore.

http://broncotalk.net/2013/03/45863/broncos-blog/lets-all-forgive-rahim-moore/#more-45863

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Current depth chart:

QB: Manning, Osweiler(Verdict: Set)

RB: McGahee, Moreno, Hillman(Verdict: We could get by with these three but they are old, below average and unproven respectively. If we get a shot at a good RB I think we'll add him and cut McGahee)

FB: Hester(Verdict: I like Jacob because he's a good short yardage back, but he's below average as a blocking full back. If there's a good blocker in the low rounds I'm not opposed to adding one)

WR: Thomas, Decker, Welker, Caldwell, Holliday(Verdict: It wouldn't surprise me to see a receiver added in the mid rounds. I think the team would like to bring back Brandon Stokley and cut Andre Caldwell. Bay-Bay, Decker and Welker all have less than 2 years left on their contract, and a lot of money is going to have to be invested in the position. I think if we can find a good rookie it allows us to let one of the trio walk.

TE: Dreessen, Tamme, Green, Thomas(Dreessen and Tamme are a fine pairing but neither is anything special. Only add a TE if he's the best player available.)

OT: Clady, Franklin, Clark(Verdict: Clady and Franklin are entrenched as the starters but I think we should look to add a swing tackle in the mid rounds. Clady is injury prone and there's no one I feel could replace him.)

G/C: Beadles, Walton, Vazquez, Kuper, Ramirez, Davis, Blake(Verdict: Deep group here. I think, if the cap situation allows, Denver would like to retain all three starting calibre Guards on their roster. I'd imagine Zane Beadles and Louis Vazquez to be entrenched as starters. It may be worth training Kuper up as an emergency center as well, since Walton has little backup and is injury prone. Manny Ramirez, CJ Davis and Phillip Blake will battle it out for roster spots. No draft picks here imo)

DE: Wolfe, Ayers, Jackson, Beal(Verdict: What a trainwreck of a group this is. None of them are natural pass rushers and, although I do like Wolfe as a base Left End, sliding into DT on passing downs, the remainder of this group are at best rotational players. By far the priority for the rest of the offseason is finding a pass rusher to replace Dumervil, maybe Dumervil himself)

DT: Knighton, Vickerson, Unrein, Siliga(Verdict: I like this rotation here, no need to invest a draft pick unless they're the obvious BPA)

OLB: Miller, Woodyard, Trevathan(We're set here. Trevathan is Woodyard's backup and Irving is trained up at Sam if Miller was to get hurt.)

MLB: Bradley, Irving, Mays, Johnson(Verdict: Joe Mays will probably be cut leading to a three way battle. MLB is a situational role in our D so I'd imagine we won't select one before day three.

CB: Bailey, DRC, Harris, Carter, Bolden(Verdict: I can't see us going Corner unless it's the obvious BPA.)

S: Moore, Adams, Carter, Ihenacho(Verdict: I think the team will be happy with 2/3 of Moore/Adams/Carter starting, nonetheless, I think they'll be on the lookout for potential upgrades)

Overall, I'd rank our needs as being

DE
RB
S
OT
MLB
WR
CB
DT
FB
TE
bobdevine

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the team's draft strategy will be primarily BPA this year. I don't see the Broncos driven by need.

Of course, that doesn't change the fact that every team's definition of "best player" differs. A team way rank players differently based on how the players fit the team's scheme. It's all relative.

Will Denver try to get a new pure pass-rusher to replace Dumervil, or will it change its defensive scheme to have the defensive backs rush more? We'll find out in half a year.

Looking at the coaches for hints of player preferences is hard because the team's offensive coordinator is new and the defensive coordinator has had one year in that position.

My guess is that the team need depth at WR, and will draft at least one DE, S, and RB.
Cruzp23

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant believe people are more confident having adams as starting S than they are having willis moreno hillman at RB . manning is like brady they dont need a stud RB to carry the load not when the ball will be thrown nearly 40 times every game.

doublr standards also with MLB say its not a need coz theyr only on the field 40% of the time yet a RB is alot less important.

we should be set at DE we will probly sign a veteran like freeney or abraham then could draft someone in the mid rounds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: