Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mockish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b_rent87

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Mockish Reply with quote

Denver trades#28 a 4th and a fifth next year to the Rams for #22

#22 Damontre Moore DE Texas A&M- I don't care about combine numbers, this guy is a stud and would provide a great pass rush opposite Dumervil. Watch the tape, he gets the job done, and he is young. He will blossom and is a steal in the twenties.

#58 Shamarko Thomas S Syracuse - A safety who flat out smacks. Would bring an attitude to the secondary that is desperately needed. My number two overall safety and if he is here would be great for this team.

#90 Jonathan Franklin RB UCLA- Franklin is an underrated back who could split time with Hillman and form a fearsome duo. Franklin does everything well and would be a great addition to the backfield.

#163 Josh Boyd DT Miss State- Provides depth and an interior pass rusher

#234 Lanear Sampson WR Baylor- A slot guy who will likely be available here. Underrated player.

Props to Jamison on the sig
kansas bob

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this draft but I believe Moore will be there at #28. Good draft if all works out.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
germ-x

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just not a huge fan of Moore's. I know he put up some good numbers, but he looks stiff as a board to me and doesn't have much flexibility.
Winder23

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
I'm just not a huge fan of Moore's. I know he put up some good numbers, but he looks stiff as a board to me and doesn't have much flexibility.
I disagree completely. He does a good job sinking his hips making for a shorter arc to the QB. He does a nice job from the right and left sides. He is a straight up hustler too. Never quits on a play.

Ifthe Broncos want Moore they will have to trade up to do so. I don't see this guy falling to #28. Too much ability and alot of good tape against good competition.
germ-x

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
I disagree completely. He does a good job sinking his hips making for a shorter arc to the QB. He does a nice job from the right and left sides. He is a straight up hustler too. Never quits on a play.

Ifthe Broncos want Moore they will have to trade up to do so. I don't see this guy falling to #28. Too much ability and alot of good tape against good competition.

I just don't see it. He is far more of a straight line player, IMO. He wins more on anticipation and hustle than he does just being physically better than the opposition. He reminds me a lot of Everette Brown coming out of Florida St. in that way. I'm not saying snap anticipation doesn't matter in the NFL, but being the average athlete that Damontre Moore is, most NFL LT's are going to win the battle even if he does get off the ball quicker.
JackedUP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:

Not a fan at all, he just doesn't have the burst or power you need to get to the QB. He's going to fall and I don't want him at all.
OrangeNBlue86#2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moore will probably be there for our 2nd round pick. Like Da'Quan Bowers a few years ago.
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OrangeNBlue86#2 wrote:
Moore will probably be there for our 2nd round pick. Like Da'Quan Bowers a few years ago.

I know Damontre Moore is falling, but I don't see any conceivable way he falls not only out of the first round but also to the bottom of the second round. I like him personally, I think if he and Von were lined up on opposite sides that would be pretty nasty.

I think he goes in the early 20's though.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Winder23

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
OrangeNBlue86#2 wrote:

I know Damontre Moore is falling, but I don't see any conceivable way he falls not only out of the first round but also to the bottom of the second round. I like him personally, I think if he and Von were lined up on opposite sides that would be pretty nasty.

I think he goes in the early 20's though.
You are correct sir. I am seeing some dislike for Moore. People saying he is stiff and all. I just can't see what is not to like. Other than his tackling, which can be very bad at times. I like his relentless style and think he could be a nice compliment to Miller like you mentioned above.
OrangeNBlue86#2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Simply put, Moore failed to win enough one-on-one battles on tape for me to warrant anything higher than a mid-second to third-round grade.
Scouts Inc. from a few days ago.

I think if Sam Montgomery fell into the mid 2nd we should make a play for him even if he said some dumb stuff.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: