Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Where can we go from Here...FA/Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Where can we go from Here...FA/Draft Reply with quote

Honestly, to you all the truth, I'm not the biggest fan of giving up the farm for Darrell Revis. However, Here is how I see the scenario going down:

Bucs trade the 13th overall pick in 2013, RB Lagarrett Blount and the 3rd round pick in 2014 for CB Darrell Revis.

I know Dom doesn't want to part ways with this pick, but I think we end up doing it if we're really serious about adding Revis.

Remaining Free Agents:
- DE John Abraham 1 year 3.5 million
- DT Sedrick Ellis 1 year 1.25 mil
- CB Mike Jenkins 2 years 5 million

Analysis: Abraham wants to stick it to the Falcons. After we grab Revis, he takes comes to Tampa and likes what we do. Ellis is a big bodied Run stuffer who can fill depth and compete at the NT. I think we make a decision between Biggers and Jenkins. Jenkins is more physical at the LOS and wants to come back home to Tampa, where Biggers ends up with his boy Raheem in Washington.

Extensions:
- WR Mike Williams: 5 years 32.5 million
- CB Darrell Revis : 6 years 79.5 million. 38.5 Guranteed

Analysis: Revis is going to be the big extension here. Getting 13 million per year. However, cutting Wright and Koenen clears an additional 11 million roughly to go along with our current state of 26 mill in cap space. Mike Williams gets his well deserved extension as well, and uses Brian Hartlines deal of 5 years 30 mil as a starter point. Gets slightly more.
Cuts:
- Eric Wright
- Michael Koenen

Draft:
2nd Round: Zach Ertz TE Stanford
3rd Round: Bennie Logan DT LSU
4th Round: Gerald Hodges LB Penn State
4th Round (via NE)Terry Hawthorne CB Illinois
5th Round: Ricky Wagner T Wisconsin
6th Round: EDIT: Quanterrus Smith DE W. Kentucky
6th Round Via PHIL: Mike Zordich RB Penn State

Analysis:

Quote:
Ertz gives us a very good TE target and Red Zone threat and immediately gives us 3 quality TE to go along with Stocker and Crabtree. Going to be a heck of a battle in TC.

Logan comes in immediately and can start next to McCoy and improves our depth along the dline. Could fill the pass rush void next to him.

Hodges gives us a legite option at SLB and has the versatility to play all 3 LB spots. Could take over the Nickel duties eventually if Foster continues to struggle in coverage. Hawthorn is a big physical CB who can be a steal. Had a down senior year but the talent we all know is there. Could compete immediately for playing time, but adds excellent depth behind Jenkins and Revis to go along with Johnson and Gaitor.

Wagner gives us a solid competition at the right side and depth behind Dotson as well. Could take over at some point during the season.

Quanterrus Smith is a guy I really like. Tall lenky guy who's fast and has good strength. He dominated DJ Fluker earlier in the year. Coming off an ACL Tear in November, he could slide. Could put him on the PUP and stash him for later in the year. Sleeper pick .

Zordich could be that power back we're looking for. Very physical runner in between the tackles, something we missed with Blount.

Opening Day Roster:

QB: Freeman*/Orlovsky
RB: Martin*/Smith/Zordich/Ware
FB: Lorig*
WR:*Jackson/Ogeltree/Stroughter
WR:*Williams/Underwood
TE: Ertz*/Crabtree/Stocker
LT: Penn*
LG:Nicks*/UDFA
C: *Zuttah/Larsen
RG:Joseph*/Meredith
RT: Wagner*/Dotson

LDE: Bowers*/Neosheim/Smith
NT: *Ellis//Gibson
DT: McCoy*/Logan
RDE: Clayborn*/Abraham
WLB:David(MIKE)*/Haywerd
MLB: Foster/Goode
SLB: Hodges*/Watson/Casillas( Maybe)
CB: Revis*/Johnson/Gaitor
FS: Goldson*/Black
SS: Barron*/Tandy/Grimm
CB: *Jenkins/Hawthorn

P: Henry
K: Barth
Pvsports9

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's a few DT targets out there that we definitely need to at least bring in

bolded are my preferences

Ellis is definitely one...still a very talented guy and could be disruptive next to mccoy

Marks- another guy here who's talented...has shown improvement over the years and can get a pass rush of his own...no brainer

and two big boys to eat up blockers for our other 3 guys

Alan Branch- 6'6 325 and likes clogging holes...pretty nimble for a big also

Corey Williams- still might have enough left in the tank to do some damage for us

bottom line is we need solid depth at DT...we can sign one of these guys and still be able to draft Star if he's there at 13...if he's not- at least this helps us out
Pvsports9

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like all 3 signings...draft isn't terrible but because I like pick 13 I'm not enthused about it either

we need to add a few pieces in these next few days so Dom better get his butt moving

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: