Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2013 Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul-mac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we need a DE now, and by my calculation, we have 8m in cap space. We could sign Doom to the contract we were going to give him, and then maybe cut Mays, Kuper and either Knowshon or Willis, using the money we owe them to sign rookies. Alternatively we could sign a cheaper DE and hang on to Mays etc
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFF's pass-rush productivity stat ranks Dumervil at 10 and Abraham at 6 for last year. Abraham is 34, so he could hit the wall anytime now but at this point, he's the best option at RDE for Denver. Better rushing the QB than Elvis, better against the run than Freeney. The 8,754 million of cap we saved with the Dumervil release ae still going to have to account for our rookie signings (around 4ish million), so that effectively the Broncos have around another 4 million to get Abraham. And they MUST draft a DE in the first two rounds of the draft as well.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
brncos4life

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if doom goes elsewhere we sign freeney and pollard at safety..we still have a couple guys we could relese to save some money..
anyone know if mcgahee, moreno or mays being released??
ToastedOats

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
I don't care about pro bowls. I have been a Zane Beadles supporter, but he isn't anything special at the position. Previously, i thought he was underrated, but now it seems he is getting overrated.

Anyway, i still don't like this talk with Kuper. I thought Beadles was a better player this year and there were games where i thought Kuper was downright terrible. He isn't the same Kuper from 3 or 4 years ago and even then, i thought he was only an above average OG.

Vasquez is definitely the superior player along the interior and i don't mind having Beadles/Kuper battle each other for the other starting job.

I think Beadles only gets overrated when people bring up Pro Bowl to defend him. Other than that, he was far and away a better player than Kuper was the last 2 years.

This is simply crazy talk. Kuper was injured in the last game of the season against K.C. and he was dominant in 2011-2012. Beadles was average at best that year with Tebow as QB. Kuper was not right last year and Beadles was average again. Kuper (when healthy, this year he was not) is the better player, by a lot. I'm not saying I don't like Beadles he is improving but give me a healhy Kuper over a healthy Beadles every day of the week. If Vasquez, Kuper, Walton all start with Clady and Franklin with Beadles backing the two guard positions I'm excited.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peytonisawesome wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
I don't care about pro bowls. I have been a Zane Beadles supporter, but he isn't anything special at the position. Previously, i thought he was underrated, but now it seems he is getting overrated.

Anyway, i still don't like this talk with Kuper. I thought Beadles was a better player this year and there were games where i thought Kuper was downright terrible. He isn't the same Kuper from 3 or 4 years ago and even then, i thought he was only an above average OG.

Vasquez is definitely the superior player along the interior and i don't mind having Beadles/Kuper battle each other for the other starting job.

I think Beadles only gets overrated when people bring up Pro Bowl to defend him. Other than that, he was far and away a better player than Kuper was the last 2 years.

hasn't Kuper had injury troubles last couple of years? Solid guard and my depth chart would be Vasquez- Kuper- Beadles when fit

I thought so too. Researched it. Was only last year. 2 years ago he got hurt at end of the year. Was solid before it (according to PFF)

Nonetheless, Beadles now starts over Kuper now on my team.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToastedOats wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
germ-x wrote:

This is simply crazy talk. Kuper was injured in the last game of the season against K.C. and he was dominant in 2011-2012. Beadles was average at best that year with Tebow as QB. Kuper was not right last year and Beadles was average again. Kuper (when healthy, this year he was not) is the better player, by a lot. I'm not saying I don't like Beadles he is improving but give me a healhy Kuper over a healthy Beadles every day of the week. If Vasquez, Kuper, Walton all start with Clady and Franklin with Beadles backing the two guard positions I'm excited.
I have my doubts about Kuper's ability to play football on that leg. The problem is the first fix didn't hold. There was talk he went to a different doctor for this last surgery. I don't think the Broncos make the move for Vasquez if they had an expectation for Kuper this year.

As for Beadles, he did have an outstanding year. He does a great job as our pulling guard in the run game and offered much improved pass protection. He is far from average and should be considered for a new contract moving forward as this is his last year on rookie deal.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone seen a comparison of salaries for free agents of 2013 vs 2012?
My unchecked recollection is that free agents got much bigger contracts last year.

For example, some cornerbacks were getting $10million/year last year but the contracts look much lower this year. Same thing with receivers. I didn't see any contract for 2013 that amazed me.

Are contracts really lower? Is this a trend?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51
Page 51 of 51

Jump to: