Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft/FA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buccaneer4life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Mock Draft/FA Reply with quote

Bucs trade 2013 2nd, and 4th round pick and 2014 1st round pick for Jets CB Darrelle Revis.

I think if we were to dismiss the thought of trading for Revis we would have done it by now. I keep hearing that we might be more open to making a deal in the NFL meetings that start tomorrow. I think the deal gets done.

Mock Draft

Round 1/#13-Bjoern Werner-DE-FSU

I think Werner who was once thought of as the top 4-3 DE in the draft will slip a lil bit due to a deep class of 4-3 DE's and 3-4 OLB's. Even if we dont get Revis is still think we should draft a DE or DT in round 1. A good pass rush makes up for a suspect secondary every day of the week. And Werner has a great repitore of pass rushing moves and motor to get to the QB. With Werner, Clayborn, Bowers, and McCoy we could be one of the most feared DL's in the NFL.

Round 3/#73-Tyler Wilson-QB-Arkansas

With us being involved in speculation for NE backup Ryan Mallett, I think that adds to the idea of potentially drafting a QB. Perhaps the closest thing to Mallett would be Tyler Wilson, who served as his backup at Arkansas. In 2011 Wilson shined and looked to be poised for a big 2012. But with the departure of Bobby Petrino, the teams offensive play caller, Wilson's play and draft stock fell. At the right price Wilson could pay big dividends for someone. He has a strong arm and makes good decisions. And playing in the SEC against defenses loaded with NFL talent I think only helps him.

Trade our 6th we got for Benn and our 4th rounder to move up back into the third.

Round 3-Tyrann Mathieu-CB-LSU

I know alot of people on here dont want anything to do with Mathieu, and honestly I dont think Schiano does either. He put up with Talib for a little and had enough. Thats why I dont think they want to stress over another CB with off the field issues. However Im playing the role of GM here and I would take a chance on him. You cant deny that Mathieu is a true playmaker and a game changer. And for him to do that as a CB how do you not like his ability? He doesnt have to come in and be the #1 guy so he can be put into a situation where he can succeed. Kinda like a Troy Polamalu/Ronde Barber type player. I think whoever gets Mathieu will be very happy they picked him.

Dont feel like making the rest of the draft cause after that its anybody's guess.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too much draft picks given up. I don't think we give up a 2nd and a 1st. It's either 2 2nds or 1 1st and mid round picks.

Don't like Werner. Think he's overhyped. He dominated the weak opponents while being a bit invisible towards better teams. Tank is better.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB in the 3rd? Are you crazy

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:

I wouldn't be shocked to see a QB at #13 at this point. We're obviously looking for one.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:

I think schiano wants to cover himself if Freeman's inconsistency continues. The way this league runs his job could be in trouble if they go all in on freeman.
leadkills

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hate 2 things about this draft. 1 that seems like we gave up too much for Revis. The 2nd thing is the Honey Badger is too small and he can't cover at all.
Buccaneer4life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leadkills wrote:
I really hate 2 things about this draft. 1 that seems like we gave up too much for Revis. The 2nd thing is the Honey Badger is too small and he can't cover at all.

I don't see the Jets taking much less than that to get Revis. And were not necessarily taking Mathieu on strictly his coverage abilities. Mathieu is more of an instinctive player. We just have to figure out how to use him. And using him in a role similar to what Ronde has done the past 15 years is a place i can see him excelling in. Ronde was never the best pure cover CB but put him in a place where he can use his strengths and hes a dif player. When do you see him get most of his INTs? When he can read the offense and where the QB wants to go with the football. Not when hes locked on a reciever. As far as Wilson, were looking for a QB to compete with Freeman. Plain and simple.

Last edited by Buccaneer4life on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
leadkills

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buccaneer4life wrote:
leadkills wrote:

I don't see the Jets taking much less than that to get Revis. And were not necessarily taking Mathieu on strictly his coverage abilities. Mathieu is more of an instinctive player. We just have to figure out how to use him. And using him in a role similar to what Ronde has done the past 15 years is a place i can see him excelling in. Ronde was never the best pure cover CB but put him in a place where he can use his strengths and hes a dif player. When do you see him get most of his INTs? When he can read the offense and where the QB wants to go with the football. Not when hes locked on a reciever. As far as Wilson, were looking for a QB to compete with Freeman. Plain and simple.

The whole comparison to Ronde is completely off. Ronde could cover well enough. Mathieu can't. He's just a good blitzer I'll give him that and about it. Also he could work in the return game I guess.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leadkills wrote:
Buccaneer4life wrote:
leadkills wrote:

Thi

The whole comparison to Ronde is completely off. Ronde could cover well enough. Mathieu can't. He's just a good blitzer I'll give him that and about it. Also he could work in the return game I guess.

This is nonsense. Matthieu can't cover? Please. He's your typical physical cb who will get in any opposing Wrs face. He's got te swagger you like on the field for that position and is a flat out playmaker.
leadkills

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
leadkills wrote:
Buccaneer4life wrote:
leadkills wrote:

Thi

This is nonsense. Matthieu can't cover? Please. He's your typical physical cb who will get in any opposing Wrs face. He's got te swagger you like on the field for that position and is a flat out playmaker.

I have yet to see him cover someone, he was a playmaker because the rest of the LSU defense made up for him so he could in essence do what he wants. Maybe im just watching the wrong LSU of 2 seasons ago
indifference

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get with this draft and for the record, that's a bit too much for Revis(the 2014 first part)

1) One of the main reasons why we let Bennett go is because he was blocking Bowers development. He is obviously more talented than MB and should play better than him next year with a full year of recovery. So with that said, I can't see Tampa taking a DE early with that in mind. The way I see it, the coaches already envision Bowers and Clayborn as the bookends and McCoy in the middle. They'll obviously have to look for another DE for depth purposes but we're in luck with the names out there available. I hope we can sign Abraham to come in and split some snaps with both our DE's.

2) We can't afford for "competition" at QB when we need a new RT, a starting caliber DT next to McCoy, and a CB to go along side with Revis. Disclaimer, I see you have us taking the Honey Badger but for the greater need of this team I'd prefer us taking care of our #2 CB issue before we even think about drafting a QB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: