Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Iceman's Titans Mock Draft

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Iceman88


Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Posts: 8226
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Iceman's Titans Mock Draft Reply with quote

This is what I could see happening, however it might not. I feel that this is the deepest draft in NFL history. It is possible in this draft to get players with starting potential in any round. So let me know what you think....

The Titans trade pick #10 to the San Francisco 49ers for picks #31, #34, #93, 2014 2nd Round Pick(Chiefs). The 49ers have a ton of picks in this draft an not a ton of needs, trading up to #10 could possibly get a player like Jarvis Jones or Sharrif Floyd.

1st Round- #31 (via 49ers) - Cornellius “Tank” Carradine, DE, Florida State



Reason: Carradine has great potential as a pass rusher and a run stopper. He will eventually be a solid starter to possibly a pro bowl caliber player. His ACL injury is a major concern, but he seems to be coming back strong. Adding Tank will give us depth at a position where we currently have very little.

Highlights - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWHxJk4XAKA

2nd Round-#34 (via 49ers) - Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington




Reason:
We need another solid CB to start opposite, McCourty with some size. Verner is best in the slot and with the addition of Trufant we can move him there. Trufant could start from day one and with coaching he can develop into a very good CB.

Highlights- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI_3xYVTCT4

2nd Round- #41- D.J. Swearinger, SS, South Carolina




Reason: We need a young player at strong safety and Swearinger fits that mold. He hits like a freight train and is always around the ball. He has experience at both safety positions and has filled in at corner when needed. He has some flaws that can be fixed, he is very talented and can be molded into a great player.

Highlights- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2sLAI2bhAQ

3rd Round- #70- Kyle Long, OL, Oregon




Reason: While we went out and added Andy Levitre we still could use one more offensive lineman and Long is very talented. Long can start right away if needed and with coaching from Munch and Bruce he can become a great lineman. Long is huge 6’6” and 315 lbs. and he is relatively raw and with work could be the last piece on a great offensive line.

Highlights- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKE7PwX9zDs

3rd Round- #93 (via 49ers) – Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State




Reason:
We tried to go out and add a slot receiver (Welker/Amendola) in free agency. So it would make sense to add a player that can play outside and in the slot. Wheaton can really stretch the defense and would give Locker another weapon. Another positive about Wheaton is that he is a proven receiver, in 2012 he set the record for receptions in Oregon State history.

Highlights- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY_G2PWoTMw

3rd Round (Comp)- Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati




Reason: I know that I am going to get crap for this pick but if Kelce is available when we pick in the late 3rd he would be a perfect pick. I know everyone loves Craig Stevens, but in our system he is primarily a blocking back and with Walker in the fold he will be used even less. I think that he is a possible cut or trade bait. Kelce is an extremely good TE, he has great run blocking skills and last season he became a weapon in the passing game for the Bearcats. I think a trio of Walker, Thompson and Kelce would be great for our offense. Kelce has the potential to be a very good TE and we should take him if we have the opportunity.

Highlights- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtYA0VQGBLM

4th Round- #104- Joe Kruger, DE, Utah




Reason: We are looking to add a bigger DE, enter Joe Kruger. He is the brother of the new Brown Paul Kruger, but he is a little bigger. Joe Kruger stands 6'6" and weights 270lbs. Kruger with work would add some power to our defensive line, he is very quick for his size. Is major issue is his technique, he plays with too high of a pad level but that can be worked on. Another issue at DE is that we have very little depth and Kruger would help with that as well.

Highlights- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPOBrrIld6A

5th Round- #135 – David Quessenberry, OL, San Jose St.




Reason: One of our biggest issues last season on offense was the supreme lack of depth along the offensive line. Even with adding Levitre and Long, what depth do we have behind them? Quessenberry has potential to play anywhere on the line, he has a huge frame at 6’5”, 305 and he has the ability to add more bulk and strength. Both Quessenberry and Long have the potential to play tackle and one could be the future replacement for Stewart. For now Quessenberry would give depth at tackle and guard.

Highlights- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jGfsemKBck

5th Round (Comp)- Keith Pough, OLB, Howard




Reason: While we have added some insurance at ILB we still have very little depth at outside linebacker. Pough has the ability to play on either side and has great athleticism and the potential to be a very good linebacker at the next level. He is a tackling machine in his four years at Howard he racked up almost 350 tackles and finished his career has the FCS all time record holder for tackles for loss. He is a physical monster that hits hard and finished tackles strong. At the start of his career he can be brought in on blitz packages, due to his knack to get into the backfield.

Highlights- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU8XCNIpDGE

7th Round #200- Omoregie Uzzi, OG, Georgia Tech




Reason: Our depth along the offensive line is really bad and we need to add some depth players with the ability to step in and play if necessary. Adding Quessenberry was the first piece and Uzzi will also help. Uzzi fits nicely in the ZBS scheme we have, since he was in a read option before he is used to cut blocking. He also has good size for someone coming out of that system.



7th Round- (Comp)- Uzoma Nwachukwu, WR, Texas A&M




Reason: I am sure that I will get questions about why would we take two WRs in this draft and the answer is simple, Kenny Britt. Britt has not yet proven that he can get through a season without getting hurt or having an off the field incident. Do I think we should give up on him? No but it is always good to have insurance. Also Williams has not shown that he can become a reliable target for Locker, so the more options the merrier. Nwachukwu was overlooked at TAMU because of guys like Manziel, Michael and Swope but this kid has a ton of talent. He has great speed and the ability to create in the open field. He is a player that has never been given the opportunity to being a main target, this could be because of consistency. But with proper coaching and adding some strength Nwachukwu could become a great weapon in this offense.

Highlights- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIJux49QuzU


Depth Chart


Offense

QB- Jake Locker, Matt Hasselbeck, Rusty Smith
RB- Chris Johnson, Shonn Greene, Darius Reynaud, Jamie Harper
FB- Collin Mooney
WR- Kenny Britt, Damian Williams, Uzoma Nwachukwu, Michael Preston
WR- Kendall Wright, Markus Wheaton, Marc Mariani
TE- Delanie Walker, Travis Kelce, Taylor Thompson
LT- Michael Roos, Mike Otto
LG- Andy Levitre, Omoregie Uzzi
C- Fernando Velasco
RG- Kyle Long, David Quessenberry
RT- David Stewart, Byron Stingily

Defense

DE- Derrick Morgan, Joe Kruger
DT- Sammie Lee Hill, Mike Martin
DT- Jurrell Casey, Karl Klug, DaJohn Harris
DE- Kamerion Wimbley, Tank Carridine, Scott Solomon
OLB- Akeem Ayers, Keith Pough
MLB- Colin McCarthy, Moise Fokou, Tim Shaw
OLB- Zach Brown, Patrick Bailey
RCB- Desmond Trufant, Tommie Campbell
LCB- Jason McCourty, Coty Sensabaugh
NCB- Alterraun Verner
FS- Michael Griffin, Robert Johnson
SS- George Wilson, D.J. Swearinger, Markelle Martin

K- Rob Bironas
P- Brett Kern
LS- Beau Brinkley
_________________

Props to Kempes ^


Last edited by Iceman88 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flylow


Joined: 01 Feb 2011
Posts: 150
Location: Nashville, TN
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing personal or anything. However, I simply disagree with almost every pick on here.


First of all, what team in their right mind trades a top 10 pick for a late 1st, high 2nd, low 3rd, and a future 4th? That screams a rip off to me, and we are getting the short end... At least give us the 49ers future 1st or something similar to what the Falcons gave the Browns for Juilo.


As for the picks, I like Carradine, Trufant, and DJ, but I disagree with where we get them. Carradine due to the fact, I don't see us moving that far back for the price you have set. As for DJ, I believe he'll be there in the 3rd round. The Trufant pick I actually like and wouldn't mind, but that's only if we do trade back and get another 2nd. As for the Kyle Long pick, I don't view him as a player who can step straight in and start for us at RG. And since RG is one of our top needs and to wait till the 3rd to fill that is a mistake. At least have us take Warford in the 2nd and pickup DJ in the 3rd or something.. The rest, I guess are fine, besides the TE pick. Since I have no clue why you believe we need another TE.. Walker/Stevens/Thompson is fine, no need for another.


Again, I apologize for just complaining about almost everything here. I'm just completely lost on why you see these moves as good moves.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Iceman88


Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Posts: 8226
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Tank is flying up draft boards and there is no way he lasts till the 3rd. The reason that I did not go after a Olineman in the 1st or 2nd is becasue I remember reading somewhere that we are not going to go with guard in the first two rounds and in terms of Kelce you obviously have not seen any tape on him. And thats fine but he is a player that could make a huge difference in our offense and if we cant get wideouts that produce then why not have great TEs.

And in terms of the draft pick compensation I am going off of what most draft pick calculators state. The more I think about it, we should get a 2nd in 2014 back.
_________________

Props to Kempes ^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J.Redd10


Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Posts: 959
Location: Memphis TN
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trufant is projected to be mid 1st rd pick. He blew up his stock @ the combine running an unofficial 4.31 40 & official 4.37. He owned every WR N held them in check @ the senior bowl & he's been called the best pure man cover corner in this draft.
what seperates him from Dee Miller is Miller have slight better ball skills can return punts & kicks & played top level competition.
he won't make it to round 2..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Iceman88


Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Posts: 8226
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Redd10 wrote:
Trufant is projected to be mid 1st rd pick. He blew up his stock @ the combine running an unofficial 4.31 40 & official 4.37. He owned every WR N held them in check @ the senior bowl & he's been called the best pure man cover corner in this draft.
what seperates him from Dee Miller is Miller have slight better ball skills can return punts & kicks & played top level competition.
he won't make it to round 2..


I disagree, he is not even the 2nd best CB in this draft, he could fall to the late first or very early second.
_________________

Props to Kempes ^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flylow


Joined: 01 Feb 2011
Posts: 150
Location: Nashville, TN
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
Well Tank is flying up draft boards and there is no way he lasts till the 3rd. The reason that I did not go after a Olineman in the 1st or 2nd is becasue I remember reading somewhere that we are not going to go with guard in the first two rounds and in terms of Kelce you obviously have not seen any tape on him. And thats fine but he is a player that could make a huge difference in our offense and if we cant get wideouts that produce then why not have great TEs.

And in terms of the draft pick compensation I am going off of what most draft pick calculators state. The more I think about it, we should get a 2nd in 2014 back.



I don't see us passing on Warmack/Cooper AND Warford... That would make our offseason, so far, pointless.. As for Tank, I agree he won't be there in the 3rd, but if we stay at 10. We won't need him. And I think we will have to agree to disagree on the TE stuff. We have 3 TEs, no need to waste a 3rd rd pick on another.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Iceman88


Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Posts: 8226
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flylow wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
Well Tank is flying up draft boards and there is no way he lasts till the 3rd. The reason that I did not go after a Olineman in the 1st or 2nd is becasue I remember reading somewhere that we are not going to go with guard in the first two rounds and in terms of Kelce you obviously have not seen any tape on him. And thats fine but he is a player that could make a huge difference in our offense and if we cant get wideouts that produce then why not have great TEs.

And in terms of the draft pick compensation I am going off of what most draft pick calculators state. The more I think about it, we should get a 2nd in 2014 back.



I don't see us passing on Warmack/Cooper AND Warford... That would make our offseason, so far, pointless.. As for Tank, I agree he won't be there in the 3rd, but if we stay at 10. We won't need him. And I think we will have to agree to disagree on the TE stuff. We have 3 TEs, no need to waste a 3rd rd pick on another.


I am just going off of what Ruston said, if he had not mentioned that I would have likely changed stuff and taken Warford at 34 and looked at CB where I took Long. My issue with Stevens is what is his role? Walker is a very good blocker. Not only that Stevens will be paid $3.5M this season and his salary jumps to around $4.5M in 2014 and 2015. TBH that is way too much for a blocking TE.
_________________

Props to Kempes ^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J.Redd10


Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Posts: 959
Location: Memphis TN
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Iceman scouts disagree you may want to check some of the mock drafts on walterfootball & NFL.com some websites even have him penciled in @10 to the titans because he come from the Washington program that GM Webster follows closely since his days in Seattle. He drafted Jake out of Washington when he was a scout.
He is the best man cover corner in this draft. He can press he's physical great footwork smooth hips & understands defensive coverages.
Aw an his brother Marcus trufant has played 11yrs in the NFL &
Was a top cover corner in his prime
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Iceman88


Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Posts: 8226
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Redd10 wrote:
@Iceman scouts disagree you may want to check some of the mock drafts on walterfootball & NFL.com some websites even have him penciled in @10 to the titans because he come from the Washington program that GM Webster follows closely since his days in Seattle. He drafted Jake out of Washington when he was a scout.
He is the best man cover corner in this draft. He can press he's physical great footwork smooth hips & understands defensive coverages.
Aw an his brother Marcus trufant has played 11yrs in the NFL &
Was a top cover corner in his prime


FYI I have read a ton and watch a lot of tape and while he may go somewhere between 20 to 25, he is not a top 10 player. And maybe you should read more because NFL.com rates Trufant as the 5th best CB in this draft. And the four mock drafts the highest he goes is 20 and the other three have him around 25. I have him behind only Milliner and Xavier Rhodes. He will be a great player but it is all about supply and demand and the demand for corners wont be as high in the first round since there were a ton on the free agent market.

Here is what NFL.com says about him...
Quote:
The brother of NFL cornerbacks Marcus and Isaiah flashes playmaking ability and very good foot quickness, but must play stronger, smarter, and avoid technique breakdowns to be considered a sure-fire NFL starter. His skillset will still likely see him as a Day 2 selection.

_________________

Props to Kempes ^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TITANSEATPEOPLE


Joined: 02 Feb 2009
Posts: 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to Craig Stevens?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deconbrodi


Joined: 25 Dec 2011
Posts: 334
Location: Baltimore
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this draft.

Referencing Walterfootball is pretty funny. Who is Walter? Some bum sitting behind a computer desk in his moms basement. That guy doesnt have a clue. Always writes crap about the Titans. I've read that Trufant impressed at senior bowl and combine but looking at his game tape and he got burned here and there...especially against Keenan Allen.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justing101


Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 1509
Location: Middle Tennessee
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't complain if this happened. What about Bernard Pollard though?!? lol And I love the trade. I would love to get some 2nd and 3rd round picks and trade back in the 1st like that and also get a 2014 pick as well! Good job.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Iceman88


Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Posts: 8226
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
I wouldn't complain if this happened. What about Bernard Pollard though?!? lol And I love the trade. I would love to get some 2nd and 3rd round picks and trade back in the 1st like that and also get a 2014 pick as well! Good job.


I did this mock before we signed Pollard.....I am hoping to do another one in the next couple of weeks
_________________

Props to Kempes ^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Iceman88


Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Posts: 8226
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
I wouldn't complain if this happened. What about Bernard Pollard though?!? lol And I love the trade. I would love to get some 2nd and 3rd round picks and trade back in the 1st like that and also get a 2014 pick as well! Good job.


I did this mock before we signed Pollard.....I am hoping to do another one in the next couple of weeks
_________________

Props to Kempes ^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group