Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jacoby Jones To Be On DWTS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Jacoby Jones To Be On DWTS Reply with quote

The unmarried will likely not have been forced to watch this ABC schlockfest (or the Bachelor), but those of us who are, this gives us one more reason not to this season. Good grief, they are officially reaching down to the d-list of not just celebrities, but also football players. Emmit Smith & Jerry Rice to Jacoby Jones?

I sure hope they balance those inevitable sentimental backstory items like his father walking out when he was a baby, token Katrina sob stories about his mom, and how "wronged" he was by the Texans and their fans. Super Bowl week was enough to make me puke as Jacoby claimed he has "forgiven" the Texans as if there was anything to forgive when this immature selfish punk failed to improve as a receiver in 5 seasons even after Kubiak fought for him to be resigned, repeatedly hanging Schaub out to dry, making one of the most boneheaded attempts to field a punt in NFL playoff history (worse in my mind than Kyle Williams who was an injury replacement, not someone like Jacoby who had made the same mistake a half-dozen times before), not to mention passing out drunk with his foot on the gas/brake downtown and all the other Jacoby Jr.s he doesn't mention in his press kit (or the other kids his "girlfriend" has that go by the name "Jr"). Man of the Year, this isn't, but can't wait for DWTS to show a few "community service" photo ops of him visiting cancer kids and have my wife ask how we could let this "saint" go (and instantly regret having asked a football question...)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8982427/jacoby-jones-baltimore-ravens-dancing-stars

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for him. He's on his way to be the Tim Tebow of special teams. Known about off the field stuff more than on and doesn't really play WR.
Marco79

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are so bitter. The guy played so well for the Ravens and made a name for himself. He was immature when he got here but matured by the time he left. Get over it and cheer up.
Marco79

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Apollo I hate to make an age joke but this is 2013 and Im sure Jacoby Jones is more of a household name after dominating in the superbowl, in front of half of America watching and appearing on Jimmy Kimmel, than the likes od Danny Osmond, Helio Castronevies, Kristi Yomaguchi, etc. and company.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco79 wrote:
Also Apollo I hate to make an age joke but this is 2013 and Im sure Jacoby Jones is more of a household name after dominating in the superbowl, in front of half of America watching and appearing on Jimmy Kimmel, than the likes od Danny Osmond, Helio Castronevies, Kristi Yomaguchi, etc. and company.

No offense taken. Even an elderly 42 year old like me understands that the casting formula for a show like DWTS is driven by demographics and contrived plot lines. Donny Osmond = older women who grew up with Tiger Beat pics of him on their wall. Helio = bored housewives wishing they had a billionaire with an accent to dance with. Kristi = there is a reason figure skating is on on ABC during football games. Jacoby has his role on the show, but I assure you that it isn't because of some immense celebrity because of a kickoff return in a Super Bowl. Guess what, there will be a fat pig on the show as well and it's not because of her potential as a champion dancer, it's because it gives the Honey boo-boo mama's someone to relate to (and vote for). Yep, young urban females will be sold a bill of goods on Jacoby that ignores his reality as a player and a man just like the "rumored" romances between female celebs and their male counterparts (that mostly prefer Tight Ends).

Him doing the show is just further proof of where his priorities lie as it is one thing for aging or retired players to do the show, but another thing entirely for an underperforming 30 catch player to waste valuable offseason time and creating a distraction for his team (how did Ocho do the next season?). It is no secret that this was offered to Victor Cruz which actually makes sense since a) he's a good player in New York and b) he has scored enough to known for his salsa celebration, but there is no way he would survive a Tom Coughlin locker room after starting a reality show career.

Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco79 wrote:
You are so bitter. The guy played so well for the Ravens and made a name for himself. He was immature when he got here but matured by the time he left. Get over it and cheer up.

Yep - Only 136 players with more receptions than him, 112 with more yards, and 146 with more TD's.

What exactly about this incited you to attack the poster, yet again (hint: if you use the word YOU followed by an insult that has nothing to do with the topic, it is an attack)? I can see how a immature punk such as yourself would think that what Jacoby has done is called maturing (getting canned for failing at your job for 5 years, then saying you forgive the employer because you do one thing right in your next job). Go root for him and the all-pro team of underachieving losers you champion like Amobi Okoye.

texanteddyp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!!! When I heard about Jacoby being in DWTS, I was like "oh ok......cool for him"..... But my goodness Apollo, you took it to a much deeper level. Nobody here is concerned about his past or his father or whatever stories about him. It has nothing to do with me or others here so what does it have to do with you?? Then again, I've read some of your rants before and I'm not too shocked by this one. And for your info, young "urban"....lmao.......urban.......ok ok ok...wooooooo.......young "urban" females don't really know or care too much about Jacoby Jones either. Its not like he's Arian or JJ Watt- yes young "urban" females loooove some JJ Watt too.

When I come to footballsfuture, I usually just read updates and make convo with other fans of other teams with other players I'm a huge fan of. I do most of my Texans talk in a sports group on facebook. And all I can say is thanks for reminding me why I don't come here much. Have a great day........
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texanteddyp wrote:
Wow!!! When I heard about Jacoby being in DWTS, I was like "oh ok......cool for him"..... But my goodness Apollo, you took it to a much deeper level. Nobody here is concerned about his past or his father or whatever stories about him. It has nothing to do with me or others here so what does it have to do with you?? Then again, I've read some of your rants before and I'm not too shocked by this one. And for your info, young "urban"....lmao.......urban.......ok ok ok...wooooooo.......young "urban" females don't really know or care too much about Jacoby Jones either. Its not like he's Arian or JJ Watt- yes young "urban" females loooove some JJ Watt too.

When I come to footballsfuture, I usually just read updates and make convo with other fans of other teams with other players I'm a huge fan of. I do most of my Texans talk in a sports group on facebook. And all I can say is thanks for reminding me why I don't come here much. Have a great day........

There is room for all types of fans and all types of posters and you are as welcome as anyone else as the casual fan or poster provides insights the diehards sometimes can't. I can assure you that you are not qualified to make statements like "nobody here is concerned about his past..." or to speak on behalf of Texans fans or members of this forum. I never told anyone how they are supposed to feel about Jacoby. I merely expressed MY opinion about the guy here, and it just so happens that my opinion is more informed on the topic than most.

I also freely admit that Jacoby embodies several characteristics that I abhor in a player and a man, and your perspective merely offers further substantiation of my frustration that a certain level of Texan fan will say "cool, good for him" without understanding the backstory. Your facebook friends may think Chris Brown and Rihanna make a "cute couple" but the backstory is certainly relevant to people who don't find domestic violence, mysogyny, or drug addled wannabe thug behavior to be "cute." The DWTS audience will be spoon fed their sanitized formula that overstates JJ's accomplishments in football and life and you are right that most people won't give a flip, but this is a Houston Texans board where we have opinions on things like practice squad players, the shape of Jeff Zgonina's head, and which Kicker has the hotter wife along with plenty of diverse football expertise to share.

One of our ex-players is about to be on a show that 25 million+ people watch every week, (which is about 3 times as many that have ever watched the Texans on national TV - btw), and I have every right to voice my displeasure at the prospect of that many more misinformed people out there who will now wonder how the Texans could have let him go. I'm sorry if you think it is wrong, but I'm glad the Texans were vindicated in their decision in letting Dunta, Mario, and others be some other team's expensive mistake and derived some pleasure in their failures, so no, I don't want to see a classless punk like Jacoby reap any rewards, even notoriety, from his one lucky catch in a playoff game and a kickoff return in a Super Bowl when he fumbled away our chances of beating his new team the year before and then ripped our team and its fans on his way out the door.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: