Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fresh Post-FA Mock, with explanations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elstonsky

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Fresh Post-FA Mock, with explanations Reply with quote

This mock is assuming that we either renegotiate Dumervil's contract, or sign somebody like Freeney in his place (hopefully both Freeney AND Seymour).

1. LB Arthur Brown, Kansas State
I know he’s not very popular on the forum, but this guy would fit in GREAT in the Broncos Defensive Scheme. Considering he’s a bit of a “tweener” between MLB and OLB, I think he hasn’t been graded out as high as he should be, though NFL.com still has him graded out at a 90 overall. However, considering the fact that the Broncos played nickel defense 65% of the time, not only does Brown fit the mold of the smaller, fast linebackers preferred by Fox, but he should be able to be a HUGE upgrade over Johnson or Trevanathan in the nickle package next to Woodyard while still being able to play inside in our base defense. Lack of size shouldn’t be as big an issue with Knighton & Vickerson playing in front. Had great game against RG3 couple years ago, showing to be one of few players who could keep him in-check and chase him down. Can cover slot-receivers, running backs and tight ends and will be a huge asset in covering likes of Gronk & scrambling QBs. True 3 down sideline-to-sideline linebacker who can play inside & out and be an instant starter. Will be a key part of our defense for years to come.

2. RB Jonathan Franklin, UCLA
Been compared to Maurice Jones-Drew by CBS Sports and to Arian Foster on the forum. Averaged 6.1 ypc last year behind a below-average line & bad team (And I know what a bad team looks like, I’m a CU Buffs fan Wink). As one poster said “jack of all trades, master of none”- however, still has 4.49 speed and isn’t that undersized at 5’10, 205lbs. Could be one of the steals of the draft (also, I think Lacy, Bernard & Randle will be gone by the time we pick, so I think he’ll definitely be the best RB left by the time we pick, as well as a great fit).

3. SS JJ Wilcox, Georgia Southern
Good measurable at 6’0” 215lb with 4.57 speed. Only one year of experience at Safety after moving from receiver & running back, but still recorded 84 tackles & 2 interceptions. Played well at Senior Bowl and could develop into a solid starter at SS. Plus, with Quinton Carter’s recent run-ins with the law & our current group of safetys fitting the Free Safety (rather than strong) mold, he provides a different skill-set with which to compete at the position.

4. DE Corey Lemonier, Auburn
Quick, lankey DE who fits mold of what JDR and Fox have looked for in past at the position with 6’3”, 255lbs with 4.6 speed. Could develop into a very solid pass-rusher behind Freeney, or Dumvervil, or whomever ends up being our starter. Has a lot to improve but is a talented pass-rusher with considerable upside.

5. DT Montori Hughes, Tennessee-Martin
Big dude at 6’4 330 lbs to provide depth behind Vick & Knighton. Started as a true freshman at Tennessee before being dismissed from team due to character issues. Gifted athlete who did damage against good competition, but falls due to character concerns.

7.QB Brad Sorenson, Southern Utah
Didn’t play against top competition but put up big numbers and has great size at 6’5” and 230lbs, and could ride the bench or sit on the practice squad and be groomed to be Osweiler’s future back-up since he’s of a similar physique.... Could also opt for somebody like Tyrann Mathieu who has been making a fool of himself in his recent t.v. interviews and likely further killing his draft stock (especially after missing season after being dismissed from LSU and having an unimpressive combine performance).

Let me know what you think!! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: