Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Percy Harvin to the Seahawks...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tooki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

union hawk fan wrote:
daineraider wrote:
silus wrote:
Not worried about Harvin. Russell Wilson is a once in a generation leader.

? he has played one year. Kind of early for that statement don't ya think?

if people can say that about Tebow I don't see why it should be any different with Russell Wilson and unlike Tebow Wilson is actually a good QB.

I am at the front of the bandwagon but lets lay off making statements like "Russell Wilson is a once in a generation leader" ok? I think that he is a phenomenal leader but we don't need to throw it done everybody's throat.

It just makes me feel better when other people realise that for themselves. Cool
daineraider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record I have nothing but high praise for Wilson. I just find the comment "a once in a generation player" after only one season, a little premature. The guy was overly impressive along with your young team. Adding the few pieces you have will only make you that much more competitive.

looking for big things this year out of the Seahawks.

Visiting Seattle tomorrow actually. Really wish there was a game to go to.

Sigged by Jamison
silus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
For the record I have nothing but high praise for Wilson. I just find the comment "a once in a generation player" after only one season, a little premature. The guy was overly impressive along with your young team. Adding the few pieces you have will only make you that much more competitive.

I said once in a generation leader, not player. I'll save that term for next off-season.
sirensong

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
daineraider wrote:

I said once in a generation leader, not player. I'll save that term for next off-season.

Even saying leader is premature, the guy has 1 season under his belt. Are the signs and qualities there to be one of the best leaders in the sport? Absolutely. Can we call him that yet? No.

There's no doubt in my mind Russell is something very special and going to be on of the AllTime greats in Sea sports history. But to anoint him titles like "once in a generation" anything is premature. Lets not turn the hype machine up to maximum just yet.
Plush

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont see why you have to sit here and wait for years to confirm something that's obvious. I feel like if the dudes at espn said it, no one would have a problem with the comment. His leadership and preparation are praised beyond any other aspect in his game, it's what he does. Colin Kaepernick is already one of the best dual threat QB's ever. We don't need to wait 4 more years to realize the facts we saw last season
Plush

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/94243/how-percy-harvins-contract-fits-in-seattle

Unless i'm mistaken, we only take a 4.9 million dollar hit this year for percy
sirensong

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plush wrote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/94243/how-percy-harvins-contract-fits-in-seattle

We're going to have to have Sidney restructure after this year, theres no way around it. Miller should be fine after this year as his number drops drastically.

Big Red is going to be an issue, I know his cap hit is 10.6 if we cut him now so that seems unlikely but we're going to need to get out from under that anchor after this season at the latest. Especially if we plan on keeping Bennett which I sincerely hope we do. The only way I can see Red staying long term now is if Quinn can work some magic and make him a stellar interior lineman. All these DE signings have me wondering if they don't think they can move him back inside successfully despite his past struggles.

As much as I love what Clem has done for us the last 2 seasons this is a business and I really want to see Avril taking over that spot for the future mainly because of the age gap unless Bruce turns into an absolute monster. I really want to see Cliff and Bennett here long term, such perfect scheme fits.
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plush wrote:

this is our year baby, damn it I feel all giggly inside

WINTER IS COMING
WolfPack

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dools=hawks wrote:
Plush wrote:

this is our year baby, damn it I feel all giggly inside

I'm happy for Seattle fans. I like the aggressive off season to date. Looking forward to watching this team next year.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
Plush wrote:

We're going to have to have Sidney restructure after this year, theres no way around it. Miller should be fine after this year as his number drops drastically.

Big Red is going to be an issue, I know his cap hit is 10.6 if we cut him now so that seems unlikely but we're going to need to get out from under that anchor after this season at the latest. Especially if we plan on keeping Bennett which I sincerely hope we do. The only way I can see Red staying long term now is if Quinn can work some magic and make him a stellar interior lineman. All these DE signings have me wondering if they don't think they can move him back inside successfully despite his past struggles.

As much as I love what Clem has done for us the last 2 seasons this is a business and I really want to see Avril taking over that spot for the future mainly because of the age gap unless Bruce turns into an absolute monster. I really want to see Cliff and Bennett here long term, such perfect scheme fits.
Sidney and Zach Miller are both making more this season than they are the next two. Harvins contract doing the opposite may allow for us to keep both.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
sirensong

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
sirensong wrote:
Plush wrote:

Sidney and Zach Miller are both making more this season than they are the next two. Harvins contract doing the opposite may allow for us to keep both.

Rice is still nearly a 10mill cap hit the next few years. That needs to be closer to 6-7 for the production we're getting from him.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
sirensong wrote:
Plush wrote:

Rice is still nearly a 10mill cap hit the next few years. That needs to be closer to 6-7 for the production we're getting from him.
You're right, I was thinking of what I wanted to do in FFMD Laughing

I'd like to see Rice's contract extended another year and the money made out at about 7M a year. Something like this:

Current Contract
2013: 8.5M // 1.2M SB
2014: 8.5M // 1.2M SB
2015: 9M // 1.2M SB

New Contract
2013: 6.5M // .9M SB
2014: 6.5M // .9M SB
2015: 6.5 M // .9M SB
2016: 6.5M // .9M SB

I doubt he'd agree to that though... it takes a 3 year deal and stretches it into 4. No new money.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For that kind of salary cap hit Sidney Rice might find himself looking for a new team next off season if he doesn't restructure significantly or put up a monster season that gives him big time leverage in negotiations. I think Red will be gone for sure after this season so long as there isn't a contract quirk that sticks the team with a huge cap hit like there is this year.

On another note, how many of you in here would take a Super Bowl win even if you knew we'd get our roster scavenged of all the young talent like Baltimore has? I think I would, as long as we keep Russell Wilson. Very Happy
Tooki

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheoryofSeahawk wrote:
For that kind of salary cap hit Sidney Rice might find himself looking for a new team next off season if he doesn't restructure significantly or put up a monster season that gives him big time leverage in negotiations. I think Red will be gone for sure after this season so long as there isn't a contract quirk that sticks the team with a huge cap hit like there is this year.

On another note, how many of you in here would take a Super Bowl win even if you knew we'd get our roster scavenged of all the young talent like Baltimore has? I think I would, as long as we keep Russell Wilson. Very Happy

I take the Superbowl. I trust Pete and John in the draft and their ability to develop young talent.

I dare say that Sidney will restructure. Bevell knows him best and he is in a good position to succeed now that he is back with Percy.
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, remember that time when traded for Percy Harvin? So awesome.

"We all we got, we all we need"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22

Jump to: