Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks sign former Bucs DE Michael Bennett to 1-year, $5M
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Sacks98


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 3946
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
Yup, a restructure is the order of the day!


But why would Bryant and his agent rework his deal when he doesn't have to?

He is still a huge hit to our cap if we cut him so he doesn't have to restructure if he doesn't want to.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Caaddy24


Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 5517
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wtf man... Ya'll are taking all the good DE's and the one I wanted the most... These one and two year deals, looks like ya'll are goin all in for this season... you better win the superbowl with this talent
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tooki


Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 10743
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
Yup, a restructure is the order of the day!


But why would Bryant and his agent rework his deal when he doesn't have to?

He is still a huge hit to our cap if we cut him so he doesn't have to restructure if he doesn't want to.


I dare say that the team would keep him for the season and then cut him at the end, after they decide to replace him with Michael Bennett?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sirensong


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 1144
Location: Vancouver BC
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
Yup, a restructure is the order of the day!


But why would Bryant and his agent rework his deal when he doesn't have to?

He is still a huge hit to our cap if we cut him so he doesn't have to restructure if he doesn't want to.


I dare say that the team would keep him for the season and then cut him at the end, after they decide to replace him with Michael Bennett?


Thats exactly what I see happening. They got their Red replacement and now its up to him to force their hand and not replace him. But I dont see them going away from Bennett, he fits too perfectly in that role.
_________________
L.O.B.- D!CK, BOOM BOOM, ET, BB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
outside_Insider


Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Posts: 1218
Location: Calgary, AB
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Michael Bennett - DL - Seahawks
Michael Bennett didn't give the Buccaneers a chance to match his offer from Seattle.
Leading up to free agency, Bennett said he’d give the Bucs an opportunity to match any offer he gets elsewhere. "I just didn’t feel any love from them at all," Bennett said. "And that’s kind of disappointing, because for a team that you put everything you had into for four years to do that, you’re just kind of, ‘OK, whatever.’"

_________________


"We all we got, we all we need"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 39727
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Seahaws DE Michael Bennett, who left Tampa for Seattle, was diagnosed with torn rotator cuff. Injury why Bennett got a 1-yr deal in SEA.


http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/315932464885399553
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chpjns15


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 1700
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
Seahaws DE Michael Bennett, who left Tampa for Seattle, was diagnosed with torn rotator cuff. Injury why Bennett got a 1-yr deal in SEA.


http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/315932464885399553


d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

My dad had this injury and had to get surgery. I would assume it to be roughly a 3 month recovery, but then again these guys are world class athletes and that recovery time could be shorter than that. But this is a big bummer, hopefully he will be back in time for training camp or preseason.
_________________
"Trying is the first step towards failure"


"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."


"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brown_Mamba


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 1707
Location: Seattle
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
Seahaws DE Michael Bennett, who left Tampa for Seattle, was diagnosed with torn rotator cuff. Injury why Bennett got a 1-yr deal in SEA.


http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/315932464885399553


d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

My dad had this injury and had to get surgery. I would assume it to be roughly a 3 month recovery, but then again these guys are world class athletes and that recovery time could be shorter than that. But this is a big bummer, hopefully he will be back in time for training camp or preseason.


Good thing we signed two pass rushers.
_________________

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sirensong


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 1144
Location: Vancouver BC
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a 1 year gamble, even with the injury I really like it. They have Red there and can continue with him. Cliff gives them back the pass rush they could lose with Clem and they're gambling on what Bennett can add coming off the injury.

This doesnt change a whole lot for me other than I like the gamble on a 1 year deal with high upside. Were a significantly deeper DL than we were last year and that doesnt change.
_________________
L.O.B.- D!CK, BOOM BOOM, ET, BB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bigjoe0075


Joined: 18 Nov 2009
Posts: 2145
Location: Eastern Washinton
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he needs surgery it will be a 6-7 month process. If its only slightly torn (under 50%) they will probably rehab and take 4 months Tops. I had a torn rotator cuff and was back to life in 3 months.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sacks98


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 3946
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt its that bad if Schneider signed him after he got through with the physical.

Not sure if i trust this info since i got it off of Google but apparently post surgery you can recover from this in 4-6 weeks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dools=hawks


Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Posts: 2745
Location: What's next?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
I doubt its that bad if Schneider signed him after he got through with the physical.

Not sure if i trust this info since i got it off of Google but apparently post surgery you can recover from this in 4-6 weeks.


i strained my rotator cuff my senior year, i still cant through a football and am not as strong as I was before. 3or 4 years later
_________________
Go Hawks!

WINTER IS COMING
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21320
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dools=hawks wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
I doubt its that bad if Schneider signed him after he got through with the physical.

Not sure if i trust this info since i got it off of Google but apparently post surgery you can recover from this in 4-6 weeks.


i strained my rotator cuff my senior year, i still cant through a football and am not as strong as I was before. 3or 4 years later
Did you ever get it repaired? I've had 2 shoulder surgeries for a torn labrum (6 shoulder dislocations) and while it has affected my throwing a bit, I can still throw.

I think Bennett will be fine, wouldn't shock me if he got surgery and missed a game or two early though.
_________________

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dools=hawks


Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Posts: 2745
Location: What's next?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Dools=hawks wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
I doubt its that bad if Schneider signed him after he got through with the physical.

Not sure if i trust this info since i got it off of Google but apparently post surgery you can recover from this in 4-6 weeks.


i strained my rotator cuff my senior year, i still cant through a football and am not as strong as I was before. 3or 4 years later
Did you ever get it repaired? I've had 2 shoulder surgeries for a torn labrum (6 shoulder dislocations) and while it has affected my throwing a bit, I can still throw.

I think Bennett will be fine, wouldn't shock me if he got surgery and missed a game or two early though.


no just let it heal, it only bothers me when i lift sometimes cause my left arm is suppose to be the weak one they said it wasnt torn all the way but couldnt tell if it was strained(stretched like a piece of gum) or a small tear. when i said i couldnt throw a football and its not as strong i mean i can its just not anything like it was. Laughing Laughing
_________________
Go Hawks!

WINTER IS COMING
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
silus


Joined: 09 Aug 2007
Posts: 1854
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. Well, use the 2nd rounder for another defensive lineman!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group