Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans sign OG Andy Levitre to 5-year, $39M deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
titanprodigy


Joined: 12 Nov 2006
Posts: 1622
Location: So Cal
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flylow wrote:
latinoaustino wrote:
TheDeeeeej wrote:
I'm shocked but excited.

I still think we need to sign another guard. You can't take a guard top 10.


Yes you can. Fact of the matter is a BIG part of the reason our offense doesn't work is because our OL is terrible. Good lines can cover weaknesses at other positions (see 2008 Titans DL). I still want Warmack at 10 unless Star falls to there.




You sir have read my mind. lol


Second that
_________________
=)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chocolateman78


Joined: 31 Dec 2006
Posts: 5306
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanprodigy wrote:
Flylow wrote:
latinoaustino wrote:
TheDeeeeej wrote:
I'm shocked but excited.

I still think we need to sign another guard. You can't take a guard top 10.


Yes you can. Fact of the matter is a BIG part of the reason our offense doesn't work is because our OL is terrible. Good lines can cover weaknesses at other positions (see 2008 Titans DL). I still want Warmack at 10 unless Star falls to there.




You sir have read my mind. lol


Second that


Third it.

Levitre is an athletic guard who excells in pass protection, pulling and moving in space. He's perfect next to Roos. Warmack on the other hand is a road grating mauler. A perfect RG and too perfect next to mean ole Big Country at RT. I get visions of Warmack and Stewart blowing holes open with Levitre and Walker/Monney lpulling/lead blocking and CJ not getting touched untill he's in the secondary and at top speed. If that happens more often then our entire offense will get moumentally better.
_________________

**RIP Steve McNair**
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dionysus


Joined: 24 May 2009
Posts: 1670
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
titanprodigy wrote:
Flylow wrote:
latinoaustino wrote:
TheDeeeeej wrote:
I'm shocked but excited.

I still think we need to sign another guard. You can't take a guard top 10.


Yes you can. Fact of the matter is a BIG part of the reason our offense doesn't work is because our OL is terrible. Good lines can cover weaknesses at other positions (see 2008 Titans DL). I still want Warmack at 10 unless Star falls to there.




You sir have read my mind. lol


Second that


Third it.

Levitre is an athletic guard who excells in pass protection, pulling and moving in space. He's perfect next to Roos. Warmack on the other hand is a road grating mauler. A perfect RG and too perfect next to mean ole Big Country at RT. I get visions of Warmack and Stewart blowing holes open with Levitre and Walker/Monney lpulling/lead blocking and CJ not getting touched untill he's in the secondary and at top speed. If that happens more often then our entire offense will get moumentally better.


Long time Houston sports journalist, John McClain, made a very good point this morning about why we should take Chance Warmack. He was going over division rival match ups, and breaking down team personnels and systems with the Titans and Texans meeting twice a year. He said that Warmack is the kind of player who can actually neutralize a beast like JJ Watt, so it would make perfect sense for us take him with our first pick. Let me repeat that...NEUTRALIZE JJ WATT. That is a strong statement, even for McClain. I've been listening to McClain for decades, and that speaks volumes for me. Frankly, I personally can't argue with that logic on any scale. It's not sexy, but I say finish what we already started and keep strengthening that O-line.

Speaking of that, if you still don't like the idea of taking Warmack in the draft, how do you guys feel about possibly signing newly released FA Willie Colon (PIT) for a reasonable price?

_________________
BEST QUOTE: "Sometimes you gotta treat people wrong to treat yourself right"...Daffy Duck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
-Hope-


Joined: 16 Feb 2007
Posts: 20441
Location: The []_[]
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I see it is if we draft Warmack, possibly our biggest weakness last season turns into our biggest strength. A potential OL of Roos-Levitre-Velasco-Warmack-Stewart would be positively nuts.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dionysus


Joined: 24 May 2009
Posts: 1670
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
The way I see it is if we draft Warmack, possibly our biggest weakness last season turns into our biggest strength. A potential OL of Roos-Levitre-Velasco-Warmack-Stewart would be positively nuts.


EXACTLY!!!


That line would be nothing short of totally SICK! Plus the WRs are going to be schooled in Run Blocking 101.

_________________
BEST QUOTE: "Sometimes you gotta treat people wrong to treat yourself right"...Daffy Duck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 23978
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
The way I see it is if we draft Warmack, possibly our biggest weakness last season turns into our biggest strength. A potential OL of Roos-Levitre-Velasco-Warmack-Stewart would be positively nuts.


EXACTLY!!!


That line would be nothing short of totally SICK! Plus the WRs are going to be schooled in Run Blocking 101.


It might be sick but getting an OG in the 2nd like Larry Warford is way better value with not that much drop off. Hell I'd even take a CB now in the 1st. My top targets now would be Ansah, Star, Milliner, Richardson, Floyd. Still couldn't pass on a talent like Star even after signing Hill.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Chance Warmack
Karl Klug
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dionysus


Joined: 24 May 2009
Posts: 1670
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
The way I see it is if we draft Warmack, possibly our biggest weakness last season turns into our biggest strength. A potential OL of Roos-Levitre-Velasco-Warmack-Stewart would be positively nuts.


EXACTLY!!!


That line would be nothing short of totally SICK! Plus the WRs are going to be schooled in Run Blocking 101.


It might be sick but getting an OG in the 2nd like Larry Warford is way better value with not that much drop off. Hell I'd even take a CB now in the 1st. My top targets now would be Ansah, Star, Milliner, Richardson, Floyd. Still couldn't pass on a talent like Star even after signing Hill.


Let me say this again. He (Warmack) can neutralize JJ Watt...NEUTRALIZE JJ Watt. Not JJ Evans from Good Times...JJ Freakin' WATT!!!

Not saying that your point don't have merit, and I wouldn't be upset if we drafted one of those choices. But I'm thinking of "more bang for your buck" and making our O-line into a real monster. Take the blue chipper.

_________________
BEST QUOTE: "Sometimes you gotta treat people wrong to treat yourself right"...Daffy Duck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
RuskieTitan


Joined: 29 Apr 2007
Posts: 37732
Location: Front lines of Titania
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
The way I see it is if we draft Warmack, possibly our biggest weakness last season turns into our biggest strength. A potential OL of Roos-Levitre-Velasco-Warmack-Stewart would be positively nuts.


EXACTLY!!!


That line would be nothing short of totally SICK! Plus the WRs are going to be schooled in Run Blocking 101.


It might be sick but getting an OG in the 2nd like Larry Warford is way better value with not that much drop off. Hell I'd even take a CB now in the 1st. My top targets now would be Ansah, Star, Milliner, Richardson, Floyd. Still couldn't pass on a talent like Star even after signing Hill.


Let me say this again. He (Warmack) can neutralize JJ Watt...NEUTRALIZE JJ Watt. Not JJ Evans from Good Times...JJ Freakin' WATT!!!

Not saying that your point don't have merit, and I wouldn't be upset if we drafted one of those choices. But I'm thinking of "more bang for your buck" and making our O-line into a real monster. Take the blue chipper.


Warmack has the talent so he CAN, but that doesn't mean when we draft him and line him up he WILL.

If it was absolutely certain he could, I think the Titans would jump all over it.

But there is absolutely no certainty in the draft. Guys who appeared to be 'safe' picks with high potential, such as Robert Gallery or Aaron Curry, have busted.

While I don't think Warmack will bust, there's no guarantee he's the Hall of Fame mauler who can neutralize the league's best defensive lineman (Who, by the way, can like up anywhere along the line, so even if Warmack DOES handle him, Watt will simply shift to another spot).
_________________

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chocolateman78


Joined: 31 Dec 2006
Posts: 5306
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I look at it, the ultimate goal is to add an elite talent that high in the draft. I don't think there are very many elite players in this draft. I think Chance Warmack is one. I don't think "safe" is the right word to describe him, elite is. And I think you have to add an elite player, this is a different era of drafting, you're not paying the #10 pick a huge amount of money as compared to what they were5 years ago.

And JJ Watt should have an impact on this pick. That guy is so very young and has Sapp like potential. If the FO deems that warmack has the potential to neutralize a guy who has already established himself as a once in a generation defensive star going into his 3rd season, then that trumps any DT, DE, CB, or S we could take in my eyes.
_________________

**RIP Steve McNair**
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group