Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mario Manningham has Torn ACL and PCL
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
gridirongorilla


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 2334
Location: North Bay, California
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
When I first heard this, I swear in my head that the Jaws theme started playing and i could see the helmet of Brett Swain slowly rising up

Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UofMfan909


Moderator
Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 29295
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Sucks. Best of luck in your recovery, Rio. Not sure if you will be a 49er next season, but I was rather impressed with you. Good luck in whatever happens next.


He signed a two year deal... unless you think he'll be cut? Very unlikely.

Probably will have to be on the PUP list for about half next season, right?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titwio


Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 6256
Location: Bronx NY *Sio Moore mofo's
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been looking around for info on how his recovery is going. Didn't come across anything but a link to this old thread.

Anyone have any updates on his status?
_________________
44 and 21 Once a Giant, always a Giant
bRONX bRIXX
2013 Welcome's you to the "David Wilson Show".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iwentundrafted


Joined: 18 Aug 2012
Posts: 3573
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titwio wrote:
Been looking around for info on how his recovery is going. Didn't come across anything but a link to this old thread.

Anyone have any updates on his status?


I think i read somewhere recently that he isnt expected to be ready for training camp.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adamq


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 7849
Location: Missouri
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwentundrafted wrote:
titwio wrote:
Been looking around for info on how his recovery is going. Didn't come across anything but a link to this old thread.

Anyone have any updates on his status?


I think i read somewhere recently that he isnt expected to be ready for training camp.


Quote:
49ers coach Jim Harbaugh confirmed at the Combine that Mario Manningham (ACL, PCL surgery) will not be ready for training camp


roto

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4654/player
_________________

-kiltman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titwio


Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 6256
Location: Bronx NY *Sio Moore mofo's
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorite players. Sorry to hear this but thanks for the info fellas.
_________________
44 and 21 Once a Giant, always a Giant
bRONX bRIXX
2013 Welcome's you to the "David Wilson Show".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sbrown


Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Posts: 9312
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr is definetly a priority this offseason, with out seeing any promise from jenkins we have to continue to solidify that position
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 40144
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mario Manningham agreed to a pay cut to stay in San Francisco, slashing his base salary from $3.6 million to $1.8 million.

Manningham is coming off ACL and PCL reconstruction, so he had no leverage. The total pay cut is actually $2.15 million because Manningham agreed to eliminate a $250,000 offseason roster bonus in addition to a $100,000 workout bonus. Manningham suffered the injury in Week 16 and is not expected to be healthy for training camp. Anything the 49ers get from him in 2013 will be a bonus.


http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/258064/manningham-agrees-to-$2-plus-million-pay-cut
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13366
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Quote:
Mario Manningham agreed to a pay cut to stay in San Francisco, slashing his base salary from $3.6 million to $1.8 million.

Manningham is coming off ACL and PCL reconstruction, so he had no leverage. The total pay cut is actually $2.15 million because Manningham agreed to eliminate a $250,000 offseason roster bonus in addition to a $100,000 workout bonus. Manningham suffered the injury in Week 16 and is not expected to be healthy for training camp. Anything the 49ers get from him in 2013 will be a bonus.


http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/258064/manningham-agrees-to-$2-plus-million-pay-cut



Smart move by Mario. If he hadn't taken a paycut, we might have cut him, and I don't think he would have gotten more than 1.8 signing with a team midway through the year. He might have gotten a 2 to 3 millions deal, but seeing how they're paid per game, he would only have made 1 to 1.5 millions, playing half the season. Now, he guarantees himself 1.8. Smart move by both sides.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 40144
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
oldman9er wrote:



Smart move by Mario. If he hadn't taken a paycut, we might have cut him, and I don't think he would have gotten more than 1.8 signing with a team midway through the year. He might have gotten a 2 to 3 millions deal, but seeing how they're paid per game, he would only have made 1 to 1.5 millions, playing half the season. Now, he guarantees himself 1.8. Smart move by both sides.


It is troooof you speakith!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group