Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Offseason That Could Work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
santiagomn8

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Mock Offseason That Could Work Reply with quote

Retire
Lewis
Birk

Loss
Ellerbe
Kruger
Williams

Traded
Boldin

Release
Pollard
Bobbie Williams

Resigned
Ed Reed
McKinnie

Signed
Canty
Dansby
Umenyiora (i really believe we can get him at a good deal)

Draft
**Trade our 1st and 3rd for Dolphins 2 2nds they fiilled some holes in free agency and trade up to get a guy they really like

2a. Authur Brown ILB
2b. Terron Armestad LT
2c. Da Rick Rodgers WR
4a. Robert Lester SS
4b. Kwame Gathers DT
5a. Kiko Alonso ILB
5b. Michael Williams TE
6a. Joe Vellano Dt
6b. Cordian Haggans
7. Khaled Holmes C

I think overall this fills most holes we have and continues the youth movement we seem to have gone through. Brown, Rodgers, Lester i think are big contributors 1st season and Armestad with a year behind Mckinnie I think can develop and become our franchise LT

What you guys think all comments are welcome
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't have all the money to make the FA moves you have us making.

Signing Reed back at about $4m/year would basically eat the rest of our remaining cap space. We'd have maybe $1m left to spend, but the rest would have to be used on our draft picks.

McKinnie isn't going to give a home town discount, he's got a championship... he's likely going to want the biggest deal he can find on the market. Adding a Carlos Dansby to the mix with Umenyoira is then even further unrealistic. Maybe if Reed signs for only $3m per, we might be able to afford Dansby, if he's willing to sign cheap, but no way we can find a way to squeeze 3 guys of their caliber on our roster. Ozzie would literally have to be using Jedi Mind tricks on these guys to get them to sign the deals they'd need to sign to bring them on.

Draft
If the trade matches up on the TVC then I like it.

Not sure Brown falls that far. But I like the pick. Armstead is intriguing... and wouldn't be a bad selection.

I like Rogers that late, but his character concerns might be an issue. I might be a bigger fan of targetting Hopkins with an earlier 2nd rounder and getting someone else later. Not a fan of taking Lester in the 4th, their should be some pass rushers available with better value... and no mistake we still need a rusher.

Gathers is soft and I don't like him at all.

Alonso is interesting, but I'd prefer Klein if he's available. Williams is a nice solid addition. Vellano, Ilike. Not familiar with Hagans. Holmes though should probably go earlier than the 7th, unless I missed something about him.[/u]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I see what your saying then to edit this and make more realistic dont sign umenyiora or Mckinnie but dans by I hope we can still get. When it comes to the draft Gathers is someone I feel will be BPA at that spot but I wouldn't mind signing someone that can rush instead of him but just don't kno LW anyone of the top of my head and I like Lester in the 4th cause he is a hard hitter basically younger Pollard and with Reed back he won't really be asked to cover as much
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dansby would be a good pick up, if the price is right. He's not going to be a long term answer, but as a complement to the players the Ravens already have, he'd be a very solid signing.

In terms of the draft, I've been thinking the Ravens need to accumulate three second round picks, if they can, as well. They should be able to get three starting quality players in that round.

ILB, Safety and either OLB, OT or WR. There's good depth in all those positions. If the Ravens could get Brown, Armstead, Rodgers and Lester with their first four picks, I'd be thrilled.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: