Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders Off-Season Report
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keanun__

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
This thread lost all credibility when I got to the part that said Matt Giordano must be kept. Rolling Eyes

Well he is still a decent player.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keanun__ wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Keanun__ wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
I think Myers is back at a team friendly salary with the amount if TEs available in FA and draft..

So resigning a TE that got no suction in FA should preclude looking for an upgrade?

Hes not going to command a ton of money, so who says he can't be our #2?
I personally want Fasano, he and Myers would make for a nice duo...

So the Raiders are going to give a pay bump (mandatory per years of service) to be a backup TE? Wouldn't his agent say this is backup money for the team's leading receiver? Imo, the choice is make a Branchesque commitment or move on. I'll choose the later as even if Meyers doesn't get suction in FA (unlikely) he'll expect to return with a bump.

The Raiders dated. The basics were nice (receptions) but the intangibles were severely lacking (blocking, yac, tackle breaking). Myers just isn't marriage material, imo.

I agree he isn't someone to throw money at, but I believe he is worth a slight "bump" in pay...if we are going to be able to run or be able to show different looks well need at least 2 decent TEs

Bringing him back won't make or break us, but I'd like to bring him back on the cheap as TE would be another hole for this team if we let him walk...

For the right price he is worth having.
Give me Fasano, better blocker and could probably catch 80 balls in garbage time too.

He only has 74 receptions in 2011 and 2012 combined. B.Myers has 5 more in just 1 season. Myers is without a doubt better than Fasano.
How many more time was Myers targeted? Fasano also had 10tds to Meyers 4tds in 2011 and 2012, again Fasano ia a far better blocker.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keanun__ wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
This thread lost all credibility when I got to the part that said Matt Giordano must be kept. Rolling Eyes

No he is not a decent player. Not even close. He is repeatedly burned in coverage and cannot tackle in the open field. He has a knack for being in the right place at the oportunistic time. But that's about it. I go to every home game and he never fails to make me throw up with his play. And when he gets beat he fakes a limp off the field like a high school freshman. I really hope that last year was the last year that he pulls a check from the Raiders.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
sandiegoraider1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keanun__ wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

No, no he is not. Giordano was AWFUL last year, absolutely putrid.
Keanun__

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Keanun__ wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

No he is not a decent player. Not even close. He is repeatedly burned in coverage and cannot tackle in the open field. He has a knack for being in the right place at the oportunistic time. But that's about it. I go to every home game and he never fails to make me throw up with his play. And when he gets beat he fakes a limp off the field like a high school freshman. I really hope that last year was the last year that he pulls a check from the Raiders.

Hmm, maybe you're right. I hope Huff can go back to FS again.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will after his contract is "updated". I can't see us paying $8M for Huff.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Keanun__

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
He will after his contract is "updated". I can't see us paying $8M for Huff.

No we're poor! XD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated with Raiders cuts today. Heyward-Bey, Tollefson and Huff. It's time for D.Moore to step up because he's now our #1 receiver. We really need a pass rushing defensive end and I hope we use our 3rd overall pick wisely. Not only are we horrible at CB but now we have a problem a hole at FS. I hope we draft some good talent to improve the roster.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keanun__ wrote:
Updated with Raiders cuts today. Heyward-Bey, Tollefson and Huff. It's time for D.Moore to step up because he's now our #1 receiver. We really need a pass rushing defensive end and I hope we use our 3rd overall pick wisely. Not only are we horrible at CB but now we have a problem a hole at FS. I hope we draft some good talent to improve the roster.

The Raiders are officially rebuilding. Temper your expectations.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Keanun__

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Keanun__ wrote:

The Raiders are officially rebuilding. Temper your expectations.

I was just stating some of the things they need to do to re-build the team. Moore is our #1 receiver and we need to draft a slot or #2 receiver this April. Maybe the Raiders can finally use a first round pick well this time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated with day 2 free agency moves.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: