Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

State of the Franchise-The Packers' Salary Cap (3/29 Update)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@TomSilverstein
The #Packers have officially reduced DE Johnny Jolly's salary to $715,000, knocking $1.8 million off the cap and putting them at $18M under.

The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
RashaanSalaami

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure we have 19.768mm per the NFLPA numbers according to Silverstein's article on 3/12 before the Brad Jones move. The comprehensive spreadsheet I've put together puts us at 18.97mm which I'll post later this week once I've looked into discrepancies and cleaned it up.

I imagine the Jones re-signing will put us at about 15.5ish going off that 19.768 number. 4-5mm for rookies gives us a modest 10-12mm to fill out the roster and take care of Rodge and Matthews. In the long run, sure seems smart not to re-sign Jennings. The Steven Jackson move I'm still disappointed about, but that's a different story entirely.
CWood21

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
Pretty sure we have 19.768mm per the NFLPA numbers according to Silverstein's article on 3/12 before the Brad Jones move. The comprehensive spreadsheet I've put together puts us at 18.97mm which I'll post later this week once I've looked into discrepancies and cleaned it up.

I've got the Packers at $19,217,486 prior to the Brad Jones re-signing. Once we do, that will probably cost a minimum of 1.715 million against this year's cap.
dijatool

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got them at 17,396,822 not counting Jones, Dietrich-Smith or Shields, but I'm also carrying 825,000 in dead money from Saturday based on this:

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/ask-vic/article-1/Coaches-players-not-permitted-to-talk-about-football/bbbffe36-790e-4049-860e-cc1173f90112

That's the only place I've seen mention of dead money for Saturday. I talked to Jason from OTC and he doesn't think it's real but I'm assuming it is for now.

I'd guess the other discrepancies would be with contracts for newer guys like Kevin Hughes. If you'd like me to put up what I have, let me know.

Hmmm, looking at both OTC and Spotrac, I have a little bit of new dead money to add to the books.

CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
RashaanSalaami wrote:

I've got the Packers at $19,217,486 prior to the Brad Jones re-signing. Once we do, that will probably cost a minimum of 1.715 million against this year's cap.

After the Jones contract came out, I've got the Packers at $17,197,486. I'll update the OP soon.
justo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@PeteDougherty 2m
Packers have $20.232 million in cap room after Jones contract. If they haven't changed Finley's contract today, that cap num stays same.

The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones received a $3 million signing bonus.

His base salaries were $1 million in 2013, $2.5 million in 2014 and $3.25 million in 2015. The contract also contains a $300,000 roster bonus ($18,750 for each game active) each year and a $200,000 workout bonus each year. The deal also contains unspecified escalator clauses in each of the final two years.

Jones will count $2.5 million against the salary cap in 2013, $4 million in 2014 and $4.75 million in 2015.
dijatool

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
Jones will count $2.5 million against the salary cap in 2013, $4 million in 2014 and $4.75 million in 2015.

Bob McGinn wrote:
The deal also contains unspecified escalator clauses in each of the final two years.

The 2014 and 2015 numbers will likely go up.

RashaanSalaami

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Quote:
@PeteDougherty 2m
Packers have $20.232 million in cap room after Jones contract. If they haven't changed Finley's contract today, that cap num stays same.

My numbers are a lot closer to Dougherty's numbers than Silverstein's from a couple weeks back, but that 20.232 does not include the contracts of EDS and Shields as they haven't yet signed their tenders. Assuming that goes well, we have $16.9mm according to me and Dougherty and $17.3mm according to Silverstein's number a week or so back.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: Is Jolly is currently considered dead money or is his salary back on the books because he's been reinstated. Not sure how that works.
justo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
justo wrote:
Quote:
@PeteDougherty 2m

My numbers are a lot closer to Dougherty's numbers than Silverstein's from a couple weeks back, but that 20.232 does not include the contracts of EDS and Shields as they haven't yet signed their tenders. Assuming that goes well, we have $16.9mm according to me and Dougherty and $17.3mm according to Silverstein's number a week or so back.
Ahh, I was wondering why it was in the 20 range when nothing else I have seen is close. Makes sense, though.
CWood21

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
Question: Is Jolly is currently considered dead money or is his salary back on the books because he's been reinstated. Not sure how that works.

Pretty sure it's back on the books.
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:

Pretty sure it's back on the books.

There is no dead money on Jolly. He's at the min now.
CWood21

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the NFLPA, the Packers have roughly $17.7 million in cap space which is about 400k off from what I have. Good for sixth most in the NFL.
dijatool

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Silverstein updates the dead money...

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/green-bay-packers-count-little-dead-money-toward-cap-ed9dj89-201373111.html

I see that Saturday is on there for $825,000 as I mentioned earlier. Unfortunately, he says there are 15 players for $959,236 and I've got 16 players for $944,298. Rats. All the specifics he mentioned match.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: