Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens telling WR Anquan Boldin to take pay-cut; Refuses
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StRawz11

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
draftguru1234 wrote:
Aaron Rodgers has an excellent group of WR's, Brees has arguably the best TE in the NFL, along with a great WR, Manning has always had elite WR's (2 for the bulk of his career), Brady has been a different QB ever since he got better WR's/TE's.

Those groups of WRs are perceived the way they are because of their QBs, it's that simple. Every Packers receiver has looked great with Rodgers throwing them the ball. The two Saints players you mention came out of nowhere and just happened to look great with Brees throwing them the ball, as well as every other obscure receiver in that offense. Brady has shuffled through so many supporting casts in his career and dominated with all of them, even after Moss was long gone. Manning has neither of those receivers now and still put up an MVP type season at 36, and his new receivers are magically considered stars now as well.

Do you really think it's a coincidence that the teams who are always listed as having the best receiving corps all happen to have quarterbacks who looked like Hall of Famers long before those receiving corps came to be? I guarantee you the next obscure guy the Saints or Broncos throw into the lineup is going to look great, and the reason for that will start and end with the quarterback.

One example of the WRs maing the QB look better than he is would be the Falcons, But beyond that I believe the QB is usually what makes a WRs for the most part

"I'm dismantling who I was and moving it brick by brick."
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
Ravens are now trying to TRADE Anquan Boldin, per league source.

This is escalating quickly. I like the idea of trading him more than cutting him though (obviously).

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: