Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eric Winston

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Eric Winston Reply with quote

Chiefs just released RT Eric Winston. This slightly concerns me because he was just released by Houston last year and now the Chiefs, but it's less concerning because they have Brandon Albert and now almost guaranteed Luke Joeckel. Winston, 29, isn't the youngest but would provide an upgrade over Diehl. I'm still okay with letting Brewer try out RT, but with Winston Brewer could move into guard with Boothe probably gone. He would come cheaper than Cherlius and the Vikings tackle who's name is on the tip of my tongue/finger IMO. Thoughts?
UF THE SWAMP 72

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Eric Winston Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
Chiefs just released RT Eric Winston. This slightly concerns me because he was just released by Houston last year and now the Chiefs, but it's less concerning because they have Brandon Albert and now almost guaranteed Luke Joeckel. Winston, 29, isn't the youngest but would provide an upgrade over Diehl. I'm still okay with letting Brewer try out RT, but with Winston Brewer could move into guard with Boothe probably gone. He would come cheaper than Cherlius and the Vikings tackle who's name is on the tip of my tongue/finger IMO. Thoughts?

I'm all in on signing Winston. He had a bit of a down year last year but you are correct, having Albert and almost certainly Joeckel makes sense on behalf of his release by the Chiefs. He would be significantly cheaper than Cherilus and Loadholt. I doubt Brewer will be moved to guard. I'm still holding out hope that Boothe comes back.
Byrdman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we can get him and trade up in front of Dallas and get Warmack.

Beatty-Warmack-Baas-Snee-Winston

That's a solid group
ottawagiants10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winston doesn't fit with us. He is strictly a ZBS player. He doesn't have the base strength to play in our scheme.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byrdman wrote:

That's a solid group

If warmack falls to Dallas, cooper will still be available. There's a ton of OL talent this year so I'm okay with taking Rhodes or a DT/DE and grabbing someone like Jones or Quessenberry in the later rounds.
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
Byrdman wrote:

That's a solid group

If warmack falls to Dallas, cooper will still be available. There's a ton of OL talent this year so I'm okay with taking Rhodes or a DT/DE and grabbing someone like Jones or Quessenberry in the later rounds.

Yeah there's so much line talent we could find a 2nd round value like in the 3rd
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take the guy just to talk to the press after the game ...

Wouldn't mind him on the field either Laughing

Not a Knicks fan
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guarantee one of these players will be signed:

OT Jake Long (2Cool Miami
OT Andre Smith Jr (26) Cincinnati
OT Sebastian Vollmer (29) New England
OT Sam Baker (2Cool Atlanta
OT Barry Richardson (27) St. Louis
OT Jason Smith (27) New York Jets
OT Jeremy Trueblood (30) Tampa Bay
OT Sean Locklaer (32) New York Giants
OG Eben Britton (26) Jacksonville
Vulcan_Prime

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Winston will match our price at this point. Hes going to garner a lot of interest in teams who play zone-blocking scheme and we don't play that scheme. We only play Power-Man, so unfortunately he just doesn't fit and is too costly. I'd rather we just see what Brewster has since we drafted him to play RT.
GEE MEN

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is versatile enough to play RT for us. I have him in my offseason/mock. And with the ton of both FA/draftable tackles --- he will come cheap especially since he's a RT.

Desperado82 wrote:
I will never defend Romo again. I'm done. We may only have a shot at the playoffs or what have you because of him, but he will NEVER put us over the hump.
HakeemTheDream

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GEE MEN wrote:
He is versatile enough to play RT for us. I have him in my offseason/mock. And with the ton of both FA/draftable tackles --- he will come cheap especially since he's a RT.

He got 4 years/$22m last year and his play didn't tail off. I think he will get signed by someone with tons of money to spend for something the Giants just can't afford right now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: