Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eric Winston Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mteward wrote:
Sign him up! If we did sign him, does anyone think he could play LT or would you rather leave Webb to develop?
We don't need a LT we need a RT.
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
mteward wrote:
Sign him up! If we did sign him, does anyone think he could play LT or would you rather leave Webb to develop?
Im not sold on that at all. I'd prefer to upgrade LT and move Webb to RT to compete with Scott and Carimi.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
mteward wrote:
Im not sold on that at all. I'd prefer to upgrade LT and move Webb to RT to compete with Scott and Carimi.
that wouldn't be much of a competition, I posted this in the News forum in the Winston thread, so I might as well repost it here.

Webb 2012-3 sacks allowed in the first 2 games, 3 sacks allowed in the next 8, 0 sacks allowed in the last 6.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
mteward wrote:
that wouldn't be much of a competition, I posted this in the News forum in the Winston thread, so I might as well repost it here.

Webb 2012-3 sacks allowed in the first 2 games, 3 sacks allowed in the next 8, 0 sacks allowed in the last 6.
Myths die hard.
ak06max

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
mteward wrote:

What? We need both and a center and a lg. I'm not confident that Webb is our starting lt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
mteward wrote:

What? We need both and a center and a lg. I'm not confident that Webb is our starting lt
Webb improved dramatically as the year progressed and is not a problem. He had a couple of poor games against top flight DEs in the beginning of the year. They are looking at RT, RG and C before LT.

There is no question that he is our starting LT.

Limited resources must be spent elsewhere on the line. So there will be no LT signed in FAgency and only a couple of the LTs in the draft are better right away possibly and will be gone by our pick. And we have lots of holes and few picks.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:

And in 2011 Kellen Davis has something like 6 TDs on 15 receptions... Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF6SNxNIV08
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

big difference in sample size, 15 receptions vs every offensive snap in 2012

ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

So? How is that an argument that Webb won't be the starter?
IronMike84

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

Better question: how was that your argument that Kellen Davis would be awesome? Laughing

Webb played well down the stretch, but I wouldn't hang my hat on it just yet. I spent a lot of time giving Rex Grossman the benefit of the doubt and look how that turned out...
ak06max

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

Better question: how was that your argument that Kellen Davis would be awesome? Laughing

Webb played well down the stretch, but I wouldn't hang my hat on it just yet. I spent a lot of time giving Rex Grossman the benefit of the doubt and look how that turned out...

Webb was Tices project a new regime here. I know they said they liked him but San Fran also said Alex Smith wasnt a trade option. LT is the 2nd most important position on the field I am not comfortable having a down the stretch LT. I really see us getting Bushrod and Webb to compete with Carimi at RT. I am not giving up on Carimi as of yet still have hope. Its all smoke screen right now.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

Webb was Tices project a new regime here. I know they said they liked him but San Fran also said Alex Smith wasnt a trade option. LT is the 2nd most important position on the field I am not comfortable having a down the stretch LT. I really see us getting Bushrod and Webb to compete with Carimi at RT. I am not giving up on Carimi as of yet still have hope. Its all smoke screen right now.

It's interesting to me that you don't like Webb, who only had 2 bad games last year (GB and SF), but you still have hope for Carimi who probably only had a few good games last year.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
ak06max wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

It's interesting to me that you don't like Webb, who only had 2 bad games last year (GB and SF), but you still have hope for Carimi who probably only had a few good games last year.
I'll go you one better, Carimi had 1 good game at RT, 1, against Houston in the mud, against good, not even great, just good speed rushers Carimi looked uncompetitive. Like he didn't even belong on the same field as the other guys.

Now I'm not willing to completely give up on Carimi either, inside. Kick him into OG, let him spend an offseason learning the position and let him compete in TC. But its apparent he has no business playing OT EVER again.

ak06max

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ak06max wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

I'll go you one better, Carimi had 1 good game at RT, 1, against Houston in the mud, against good, not even great, just good speed rushers Carimi looked uncompetitive. Like he didn't even belong on the same field as the other guys.

Now I'm not willing to completely give up on Carimi either, inside. Kick him into OG, let him spend an offseason learning the position and let him compete in TC. But its apparent he has no business playing OT EVER again.

We all do realize it was his rookie year last season right? How many seasons has Webb had. Carimi was also not 100%b will he ever bee with his knee I dont know. Give him the benefit of the doubt for one last season and see how he plays.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ak06max wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

We all do realize it was his rookie year last season right? How many seasons has Webb had. Carimi was also not 100%b will he ever bee with his knee I dont know. Give him the benefit of the doubt for one last season and see how he plays.

Jut because you are a rookie does not mean you have license to suck, especially a 1st round pick.

This comparison to Webb is also ridiculous as he was a 7th round pick that we KNEW was going to need time to develop. Carimi was the 29th player selected in the draft. And Webb neve looked as bad as Carimi did in the middle of the season, not once.

Carimi sucks and part of it is his knee, but regardless of why he sucks.

Now that does not mean he will be terrible forever and he may be okay some day, but I would not stop myself from upgrading the team at RT.

Bill Belichek would have cut/replaced him yesterday.

Other than Carimi being a 1st round pick why do people have any faith in him?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: