Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eric Winston Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7925
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mteward wrote:
Sign him up! If we did sign him, does anyone think he could play LT or would you rather leave Webb to develop?
We don't need a LT we need a RT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5511
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
mteward wrote:
Sign him up! If we did sign him, does anyone think he could play LT or would you rather leave Webb to develop?
We don't need a LT we need a RT.
Im not sold on that at all. I'd prefer to upgrade LT and move Webb to RT to compete with Scott and Carimi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19216
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
mteward wrote:
Sign him up! If we did sign him, does anyone think he could play LT or would you rather leave Webb to develop?
We don't need a LT we need a RT.
Im not sold on that at all. I'd prefer to upgrade LT and move Webb to RT to compete with Scott and Carimi.
that wouldn't be much of a competition, I posted this in the News forum in the Winston thread, so I might as well repost it here.

Webb 2012-3 sacks allowed in the first 2 games, 3 sacks allowed in the next 8, 0 sacks allowed in the last 6.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7925
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
mteward wrote:
Sign him up! If we did sign him, does anyone think he could play LT or would you rather leave Webb to develop?
We don't need a LT we need a RT.
Im not sold on that at all. I'd prefer to upgrade LT and move Webb to RT to compete with Scott and Carimi.
that wouldn't be much of a competition, I posted this in the News forum in the Winston thread, so I might as well repost it here.

Webb 2012-3 sacks allowed in the first 2 games, 3 sacks allowed in the next 8, 0 sacks allowed in the last 6.
Myths die hard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ak06max


Joined: 11 Jun 2008
Posts: 1242
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
mteward wrote:
Sign him up! If we did sign him, does anyone think he could play LT or would you rather leave Webb to develop?
We don't need a LT we need a RT.



What? We need both and a center and a lg. I'm not confident that Webb is our starting lt
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7925
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
mteward wrote:
Sign him up! If we did sign him, does anyone think he could play LT or would you rather leave Webb to develop?
We don't need a LT we need a RT.



What? We need both and a center and a lg. I'm not confident that Webb is our starting lt
Webb improved dramatically as the year progressed and is not a problem. He had a couple of poor games against top flight DEs in the beginning of the year. They are looking at RT, RG and C before LT.

There is no question that he is our starting LT.

Limited resources must be spent elsewhere on the line. So there will be no LT signed in FAgency and only a couple of the LTs in the draft are better right away possibly and will be gone by our pick. And we have lots of holes and few picks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 7120
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Webb 2012-3 sacks allowed in the first 2 games, 3 sacks allowed in the next 8, 0 sacks allowed in the last 6.

And in 2011 Kellen Davis has something like 6 TDs on 15 receptions... Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF6SNxNIV08
_________________
Rotoworld.com wrote:
...internet mock drafts, which have ridiculously become the measuring stick for where players are "supposed" to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19216
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Webb 2012-3 sacks allowed in the first 2 games, 3 sacks allowed in the next 8, 0 sacks allowed in the last 6.

And in 2011 Kellen Davis has something like 6 TDs on 15 receptions... Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF6SNxNIV08
big difference in sample size, 15 receptions vs every offensive snap in 2012
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7925
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Webb 2012-3 sacks allowed in the first 2 games, 3 sacks allowed in the next 8, 0 sacks allowed in the last 6.

And in 2011 Kellen Davis has something like 6 TDs on 15 receptions... Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF6SNxNIV08
So? How is that an argument that Webb won't be the starter?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 7120
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Webb 2012-3 sacks allowed in the first 2 games, 3 sacks allowed in the next 8, 0 sacks allowed in the last 6.

And in 2011 Kellen Davis has something like 6 TDs on 15 receptions... Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF6SNxNIV08
So? How is that an argument that Webb won't be the starter?

Better question: how was that your argument that Kellen Davis would be awesome? Laughing

Webb played well down the stretch, but I wouldn't hang my hat on it just yet. I spent a lot of time giving Rex Grossman the benefit of the doubt and look how that turned out...
_________________
Rotoworld.com wrote:
...internet mock drafts, which have ridiculously become the measuring stick for where players are "supposed" to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ak06max


Joined: 11 Jun 2008
Posts: 1242
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Webb 2012-3 sacks allowed in the first 2 games, 3 sacks allowed in the next 8, 0 sacks allowed in the last 6.

And in 2011 Kellen Davis has something like 6 TDs on 15 receptions... Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF6SNxNIV08
So? How is that an argument that Webb won't be the starter?

Better question: how was that your argument that Kellen Davis would be awesome? Laughing

Webb played well down the stretch, but I wouldn't hang my hat on it just yet. I spent a lot of time giving Rex Grossman the benefit of the doubt and look how that turned out...



Webb was Tices project a new regime here. I know they said they liked him but San Fran also said Alex Smith wasnt a trade option. LT is the 2nd most important position on the field I am not comfortable having a down the stretch LT. I really see us getting Bushrod and Webb to compete with Carimi at RT. I am not giving up on Carimi as of yet still have hope. Its all smoke screen right now.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 10888
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Webb 2012-3 sacks allowed in the first 2 games, 3 sacks allowed in the next 8, 0 sacks allowed in the last 6.

And in 2011 Kellen Davis has something like 6 TDs on 15 receptions... Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF6SNxNIV08
So? How is that an argument that Webb won't be the starter?

Better question: how was that your argument that Kellen Davis would be awesome? Laughing

Webb played well down the stretch, but I wouldn't hang my hat on it just yet. I spent a lot of time giving Rex Grossman the benefit of the doubt and look how that turned out...



Webb was Tices project a new regime here. I know they said they liked him but San Fran also said Alex Smith wasnt a trade option. LT is the 2nd most important position on the field I am not comfortable having a down the stretch LT. I really see us getting Bushrod and Webb to compete with Carimi at RT. I am not giving up on Carimi as of yet still have hope. Its all smoke screen right now.

It's interesting to me that you don't like Webb, who only had 2 bad games last year (GB and SF), but you still have hope for Carimi who probably only had a few good games last year.
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19216
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
ak06max wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Webb 2012-3 sacks allowed in the first 2 games, 3 sacks allowed in the next 8, 0 sacks allowed in the last 6.

And in 2011 Kellen Davis has something like 6 TDs on 15 receptions... Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF6SNxNIV08
So? How is that an argument that Webb won't be the starter?

Better question: how was that your argument that Kellen Davis would be awesome? Laughing

Webb played well down the stretch, but I wouldn't hang my hat on it just yet. I spent a lot of time giving Rex Grossman the benefit of the doubt and look how that turned out...



Webb was Tices project a new regime here. I know they said they liked him but San Fran also said Alex Smith wasnt a trade option. LT is the 2nd most important position on the field I am not comfortable having a down the stretch LT. I really see us getting Bushrod and Webb to compete with Carimi at RT. I am not giving up on Carimi as of yet still have hope. Its all smoke screen right now.

It's interesting to me that you don't like Webb, who only had 2 bad games last year (GB and SF), but you still have hope for Carimi who probably only had a few good games last year.
I'll go you one better, Carimi had 1 good game at RT, 1, against Houston in the mud, against good, not even great, just good speed rushers Carimi looked uncompetitive. Like he didn't even belong on the same field as the other guys.

Now I'm not willing to completely give up on Carimi either, inside. Kick him into OG, let him spend an offseason learning the position and let him compete in TC. But its apparent he has no business playing OT EVER again.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ak06max


Joined: 11 Jun 2008
Posts: 1242
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ak06max wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Webb 2012-3 sacks allowed in the first 2 games, 3 sacks allowed in the next 8, 0 sacks allowed in the last 6.

And in 2011 Kellen Davis has something like 6 TDs on 15 receptions... Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF6SNxNIV08
So? How is that an argument that Webb won't be the starter?

Better question: how was that your argument that Kellen Davis would be awesome? Laughing

Webb played well down the stretch, but I wouldn't hang my hat on it just yet. I spent a lot of time giving Rex Grossman the benefit of the doubt and look how that turned out...



Webb was Tices project a new regime here. I know they said they liked him but San Fran also said Alex Smith wasnt a trade option. LT is the 2nd most important position on the field I am not comfortable having a down the stretch LT. I really see us getting Bushrod and Webb to compete with Carimi at RT. I am not giving up on Carimi as of yet still have hope. Its all smoke screen right now.

It's interesting to me that you don't like Webb, who only had 2 bad games last year (GB and SF), but you still have hope for Carimi who probably only had a few good games last year.
I'll go you one better, Carimi had 1 good game at RT, 1, against Houston in the mud, against good, not even great, just good speed rushers Carimi looked uncompetitive. Like he didn't even belong on the same field as the other guys.

Now I'm not willing to completely give up on Carimi either, inside. Kick him into OG, let him spend an offseason learning the position and let him compete in TC. But its apparent he has no business playing OT EVER again.



We all do realize it was his rookie year last season right? How many seasons has Webb had. Carimi was also not 100%b will he ever bee with his knee I dont know. Give him the benefit of the doubt for one last season and see how he plays.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9754
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ak06max wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Webb 2012-3 sacks allowed in the first 2 games, 3 sacks allowed in the next 8, 0 sacks allowed in the last 6.

And in 2011 Kellen Davis has something like 6 TDs on 15 receptions... Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF6SNxNIV08
So? How is that an argument that Webb won't be the starter?

Better question: how was that your argument that Kellen Davis would be awesome? Laughing

Webb played well down the stretch, but I wouldn't hang my hat on it just yet. I spent a lot of time giving Rex Grossman the benefit of the doubt and look how that turned out...



Webb was Tices project a new regime here. I know they said they liked him but San Fran also said Alex Smith wasnt a trade option. LT is the 2nd most important position on the field I am not comfortable having a down the stretch LT. I really see us getting Bushrod and Webb to compete with Carimi at RT. I am not giving up on Carimi as of yet still have hope. Its all smoke screen right now.

It's interesting to me that you don't like Webb, who only had 2 bad games last year (GB and SF), but you still have hope for Carimi who probably only had a few good games last year.
I'll go you one better, Carimi had 1 good game at RT, 1, against Houston in the mud, against good, not even great, just good speed rushers Carimi looked uncompetitive. Like he didn't even belong on the same field as the other guys.

Now I'm not willing to completely give up on Carimi either, inside. Kick him into OG, let him spend an offseason learning the position and let him compete in TC. But its apparent he has no business playing OT EVER again.



We all do realize it was his rookie year last season right? How many seasons has Webb had. Carimi was also not 100%b will he ever bee with his knee I dont know. Give him the benefit of the doubt for one last season and see how he plays.


Jut because you are a rookie does not mean you have license to suck, especially a 1st round pick.

This comparison to Webb is also ridiculous as he was a 7th round pick that we KNEW was going to need time to develop. Carimi was the 29th player selected in the draft. And Webb neve looked as bad as Carimi did in the middle of the season, not once.

Carimi sucks and part of it is his knee, but regardless of why he sucks.

Now that does not mean he will be terrible forever and he may be okay some day, but I would not stop myself from upgrading the team at RT.

Bill Belichek would have cut/replaced him yesterday.

Other than Carimi being a 1st round pick why do people have any faith in him?
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group