Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cleveland Cavaliers Thread - THE TANK HAS BEEN COMPLETED
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raves

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, if we get porter with our first pick, what do we do with the lakers pick/Andy v? Do we use both to trade back up for a premiere player? Do we look to get a big that would play with tristan like Zeller, or do we look for one in Fa and just get the best depth possible?

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
roger murdock

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
Agreed, if we get porter with our first pick, what do we do with the lakers pick/Andy v? Do we use both to trade back up for a premiere player? Do we look to get a big that would play with tristan like Zeller, or do we look for one in Fa and just get the best depth possible?

Keep Varejao, we really need to make the playoffs next year. I would stay put, try and keep our picks and hit a homerun at a bargain contract the way the Rockets did with Parsons.

Say:

6th: Otto Porter
16th: Trey Burke
33rd: Patrick Young
36th: LeBryan Nash

Starting lineup:

Irving
Waiters
Porter
Thompson
Speights

I think that gives us our best mix of scorers, rebounders, defenders, and spacing.

Then off the bench I would bring in Varejao as our 6th man to spell both Thompson and Speights, Zeller would clean up the rest of the big man minutes.

I would play Burke as the backup PG. I think he has a style very similar to a poor mans Irving. Ellington and Gee get the backup wing minutes.

I think thats a team with a good mix of length, athleticism, handles, shooting, scoring, rebounding, depth, not many weaknesses.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irving / Burke
Waiters / Ellington
Porter / Gee / Miles / Nash
Thompson / Varejao / Young
Speights / Zeller

Ooooooh I like that Cool

Last edited by candyman93 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see that Laker pick turned into the 6-8 so they can get Porter and Len. I don't know that Zeller and 2 2's are enough to make a 10 spot jump. Maybe take a bad contract back? But I get the feeling they just aren't doing that.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do people like Alex Len?

Absolutely nothing about his game makes me think "I want him."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
16th: Trey Burke

As a Michigan fan I would be ecstatic to get Burke. I would love him on the team just because he's one of my favorite players, but with Kyrie he sadly isn't much of a need.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

He's got real center size and the frame to put on weight to the point that he won't be shoved around at all. Good shot blocker. Has already decent but still developing offensive skills. Mostly I just think having a real center in a league where there are only about 10 of them is a huge advantage.

Trey Burke as backup would be nice. I think he'd be a consideration there if they are looking BPA, which they really should, but I bet Burke makes the lottery by the time it's draft time.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jazz and Lakers are now tied Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

His game in theory is perfect for us. A center with a big frame, nice offensive minded skillset, with athleticism and shot blocking. Pretty much exactly what the doctor ordered for our team.

Unfortunately that is just in theory. Watching him play he just isnt that good at basketball, and at the end of the day, if you dont play like a basketball player you wont become one. I think he busts.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

His game in theory is perfect for us. A center with a big frame, nice offensive minded skillset, with athleticism and shot blocking. Pretty much exactly what the doctor ordered for our team.

Unfortunately that is just in theory. Watching him play he just isnt that good at basketball, and at the end of the day, if you dont play like a basketball player you wont become one. I think he busts.

This is how I feel. I see and hear really good stuff about him. I just don't really see it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

This is how I feel. I see and hear really good stuff about him. I just don't really see it.

It's definitely a projection pick. He and Steven Adams are the only guys I see that look like they have real center size. Everyone else looks just like 4s and with an already undersized 4 on the roster in Tristan, I thin kit's really imoportant to have a real center playing next to him.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Zeller is a legit 6'11 and has a good midrange shot, but is a little bit of a liability on defense. The biggest thing that works for Len is that he fits with out team on that hr does have a little bit of range in his shot.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
buno67

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do t know why ppl want a supposedly legit center... There isn't a lot of legit centers in the league. That shod show you that you really don't need one to win. Dwight only one finals appearance, Tyson Chandler never carried a team to a title, Noah is good but his bulls sucked once Rose got hurt, hibbert is good but the pacers are developing as a contend because of PG and not him. I want someone who would strike the most fear into the opposing team with defensive ability or offensive ability. With Len he won't do any of that. I wow want a center if he was a difference maker but Len isn't.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

June needs to get here soon

I am counting down the games until Alonzo Gee is replaced by Otto.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Jazz and Lakers are now tied Very Happy

Yes!!!! The Lakers just need to hold onto that 8th spot and get bounced in the 1st round of the playoffs. Pray

Peace!!

Sig By Kempes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 85 of 100

Jump to: