Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 World Baseball Classic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrownieTheElf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperBowl=best wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
We beat you in the last WBC so IDK why you're all surprised.

You honestly think Mexico is better than the US in baseball?

Absolutely not. But we have beaten you guys the past two times. Our guys are probably hungrier since they're no-bodies for the most part. Your guys probably don't care.

Basically. And all the US guys are just starting while s lot of int'l guys have been playing for awhile. If this were in June, the US would win.
Dude, shut up. You have no idea if they'd win. I'll say Mexico still wins. We have no idea what would happen because the WBC will never be in June.

And stop your whining about "country you're born in". What if you're an ethnic Hawaian or Cherokee? You can't play for team Hawaii or Team Real Americans. Your only choice is the country that conquered you. So you're stuck having to play for the country "you're born in", which happens to be the country that killed your people and took their land.

So yeah, players should have 100% right to play for their ethnicity no matter where they live. Luckily, guys like Piazza and Jerry Hairston Jr can play for their peeps. But Shane Victorino can't. If you're a Southern boy who will always rep the Confederacy until the day you die, you'd be stuck playing for the enemy if you wanted to partake in the WBC.

So think about it. Hawaii, California, even the Deep South... does it rightfully belong to usa? No, it was only thru murder. People shouldn't have to play for their conquerers.

You can use this whole logic for every state in America...you should only be able to play in the country you were born or have a citizenship in, in my opinion.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
"The US doesn't care or try, so its stupid and should end."

Well I imagine no one in the world cares in this case. PLus we already have a world wide baseball competition every year, the little league world series. That is way more enjoyable to watch.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
SuperBowl=best

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownieTheElf wrote:

You can use this whole logic for every state in America
You're right, since every state was taken from other people.
Quote:
....you should only be able to play in the country you were born or have a citizenship in, in my opinion.
I wholeheartedly disagree with your opinion.
SuperBowl=best

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
justo wrote:

Well I imagine no one in the world cares in this case. PLus we already have a world wide baseball competition every year, the little league world series. That is way more enjoyable to watch.
Have you seen ratings across Asia? They're huge. And solid in Latin America. So yeah, a LOT of people care.

It's funny to see all the whiny butt-hurt from people who realize that usa is not the best in baseball. It isn't, deal with it. There is international parity and that's good for the game.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperBowl=best wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
justo wrote:

Have you seen ratings across Asia? They're huge. And solid in Latin America. So yeah, a LOT of people care.

It's funny to see all the whiny butt-hurt from people who realize that usa is not the best in baseball. It isn't, deal with it. There is international parity and that's good for the game.

If the USA put every top player in, they'd be much more likely to win it than any other team.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperBowl=best wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
justo wrote:

I don't care if america is the best in baseball or not. That has no bearing on my life what so ever. I only care that the Phillies are better than the Mets so I can make fun of Green.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
SuperBowl=best

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
SuperBowl=best wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
justo wrote:

If the USA put every top player in, they'd be much more likely to win it than any other team.
What if the Dominican Republic has all their top guys? The oddsmakers might give them top odds.

But anyway, "more likely" doesn't guarantee wins.

People thought that the Patriots were more likely to win Super Bowl 42.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperBowl=best wrote:
Dude, shut up. You have no idea if they'd win. I'll say Mexico still wins. We have no idea what would happen because the WBC will never be in June.

And stop your whining about "country you're born in". What if you're an ethnic Hawaian or Cherokee? You can't play for team Hawaii or Team Real Americans. Your only choice is the country that conquered you. So you're stuck having to play for the country "you're born in", which happens to be the country that killed your people and took their land.

So yeah, players should have 100% right to play for their ethnicity no matter where they live. Luckily, guys like Piazza and Jerry Hairston Jr can play for their peeps. But Shane Victorino can't. If you're a Southern boy who will always rep the Confederacy until the day you die, you'd be stuck playing for the enemy if you wanted to partake in the WBC.

So think about it. Hawaii, California, even the Deep South... does it rightfully belong to usa? No, it was only thru murder. People shouldn't have to play for their conquerers.

No. 1 - Please don't tell people to shut up just because they disagree with you. This is not your place to tell people what to do.
No. 2 - We don't discuss race, or politics. So next time you post to discuss the World BASEBALL Classic. Keep your posts to baseball
Forum Rules

Quote:
8. You may not discuss race, religion, politics, or sexual-orientation on these forums. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs.
BrownieTheElf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperBowl=best wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:

You can use this whole logic for every state in America
You're right, since every state was taken from other people.
Quote:
....you should only be able to play in the country you were born or have a citizenship in, in my opinion.
I wholeheartedly disagree with your opinion.

That's how they do it in soccer if I'm not mistaken. May add your ancestry I forget. Trying to think of Gonzalo Higuain's situation.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperBowl=best wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
SuperBowl=best wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
justo wrote:

What if the Dominican Republic has all their top guys? The oddsmakers might give them top odds.

US would still be better. They wouldn't win it guaranteed because baseball isn't s sport that really works best in a format like this, but if we were to make it 162 (pure hypothetical) I have no doubt US would win the most games with Domincan and Japan close behind.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperBowl=best wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
We beat you in the last WBC so IDK why you're all surprised.

You honestly think Mexico is better than the US in baseball?

Absolutely not. But we have beaten you guys the past two times. Our guys are probably hungrier since they're no-bodies for the most part. Your guys probably don't care.

Basically. And all the US guys are just starting while s lot of int'l guys have been playing for awhile. If this were in June, the US would win.

Show me a player that was alive when Hawaii was their own country and same goes for Native Americans and then you can use that argument.

And yes if the US would field a team with all of their top guys they would beat Mexico 9.9 times out of 10 in June.

Props to Jamison. for the sick sig!!
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
SuperBowl=best wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
SuperBowl=best wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
justo wrote:

US would still be better. They wouldn't win it guaranteed because baseball isn't s sport that really works best in a format like this, but if we were to make it 162 (pure hypothetical) I have no doubt US would win the most games with Domincan and Japan close behind.

But that's not how tournaments work.

Oregon RB Tracker
Marshall: 249 rush yds(8.3), 388 rec yds(11.4), 4 TDs
Tyner: 279 rush yds(4.2), 65 rec yds(7.2), 2 TDs
Freeman: 636 rush yds(5.6), 37 rec yds(7.4), 11 TDs

Last edited by Oregon Ducks on Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SplashDive wrote:
Show me a player that was alive when Hawaii was their own country and same goes for Native Americans and then you can use that argument.

No, let's not discuss that here. As I stated above.
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shameful by that fan.

Oregon RB Tracker
Marshall: 249 rush yds(8.3), 388 rec yds(11.4), 4 TDs
Tyner: 279 rush yds(4.2), 65 rec yds(7.2), 2 TDs
Freeman: 636 rush yds(5.6), 37 rec yds(7.4), 11 TDs
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was awesome. I love baseball brawls.

If any Yankees were involved I'd be losing it though. Laughing

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 5 of 15

Jump to: