Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Free Agency Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: NFL Free Agency Mock Draft Reply with quote

With free agency underway and rumors swirling about who we are targeting, I think it is time for a Mock Draft.

Re-Signings

Chad Rhinehart- I am starting to believe that Levitre won't be here next year.

Signings

Danny Amendola, WR Rams: With us deciding to let David Nelson walk we decide to upgrade our slot reciever. It was said by the old coaching staff that they would like to move Stevie to the slot where he would be very good but with Nix contacting Gibson, Edelman, and Amendola, I think it is safe to say we are now looking for a slot reciever.

4.5 Million a year

Paul Kruger, DE/OLB Ravens: Rumor flying around is that he is our #1 on our free agent wish list. Kruger is perfect for Pettines system. And with our current players we will definately have a hybrid but I could see us easily having the 3-4 as our base set. Kruger improves on a strength of ours which is DE but will also fill a need for when we decide to go into a 3-4 front.

8 Million a year

Laron Landry, SS Jets: We have contacted Landry. He is a player you either love or hate but lets face it, he fits our team perfectly. He would come to a system he is familar with as he played under Pettine last year. He would be able to come into the box which is his strength and help with the run and let Byrd be the playmaker in the backfield.

5 million a year

Erin Henderson, LB, Vikings: No secret that LB is a big need. We make a late off-season signing and bring in a LB that should come cheap and will make a solid starter for us.

2.5 million a year

Draft

Round 1: Geno Smith QB, West Virgina- Get our franchise QB that will help our run game and our pass game. With Geno we can finally do it all on offense.

Round 2: Deandre Hopkins, WR Clemson- Gives us a legit #2 to help our rookie QB. Gives us the player the Nix is looking for at reciever. Tore up his pro-day.

Round 3: David Amerson, CB, NC State- Once considered a top 10 player, he fell a bit because of a slow start but he would still make an excellent young CB across Gilmore when he is ready.

Round 4: Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati- A little slow but still catches plenty of passes and is a very good blocker. Backs up Scott Chandler and fills in for him while he is out. Kelce is a Chandler clone and should be able to learn a lot from him.

Round 5: Quanterus Smith, OLB/DE, Western Kentucky- Gives nice depth and can play DE in a 4-3 and OLB in a 3-4.

Round 6: Mario Benavides, OG/C, Louisville- Good Depth on the oline after letting Levitre leave. Used to blocking for a dual threat QB.

QB: Geno Smith
RB: CJ Spiller
WR: Stevie Johnson
TE: Scott Chandler
LT: Cordy Glenn
LG: Kraig Urbik
C: Eric Wood
RG: Chad Rhinehart /Colin Brown *
RT: Eric Pears / Chris Hairston
Slot: Danny Amendola
WR: Deandre Hopkins

*= Competition

Offense looks very explosive but a couple questions on the right side of the line need to be answered.

DE: Kyle Williams
NT: Marcel Dareus
DE: Mario Williams
OLB: Mark Anderson / Arthur Moats *
ILB: Erin Henderson
ILB: Kelvin Sheppard / Nigel Bradham *
OLB: Paul Kruger
CB: Stephon Gilmore
SS: Laron Landry
FS: Jarius Byrd
CB: Ron Brooks / Aaron Williams / David Amerson *

Stout on the defense front. Has a nice framwork at LB. Amazing at safety. Need someone to step up at CB.

DE: Mario Williams
DT: Marcel Dareus
DT: Kyle Williams
DE: Paul Kruger
SOLB: Nigel Bradham
MLB: Kelvin Sheppard
WOLB: Erin Henderson
CB: Stephon Gilmore
SS: Laron Landry
FS: Jarius Byrd
CB: Ron Brooks / Aaron Williams / David Amerson *

Not as many questions who would start in this scheme but the LBers look worse in this scheme than the 3-4.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like it.

What I don't like is that you said we've contacted Julian Edleman. I hate that dude. Laughing
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks awesome but do we have cap space for all them?
TommyC376

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign me up!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dig Amerson, very hesitant on Geno..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:

Hesistant is what got us into our situation. It is not often you get a shot at drafting the best QB in a draft class at 8. If you have the oppurtunity, you have to pull the trigger.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Tk3 wrote:

Hesistant is what got us into our situation. It is not often you get a shot at drafting the best QB in a draft class at 8. If you have the oppurtunity, you have to pull the trigger.

This.

Don't care if it back fired with J.P. Losman (who was FAR more of a gamble) this is a top rated guy who could seemingly fall into our laps at #8. You take him, and you don't even think twice about it.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
Tk3 wrote:

This.

Don't care if it back fired with J.P. Losman (who was FAR more of a gamble) this is a top rated guy who could seemingly fall into our laps at #8. You take him, and you don't even think twice about it.

This. I wish someone in Buffalo could contact the billboard people so we can put up a sign about how much Bills fans want Geno. I would send in payments for sure.

As for the draft, very nice job Marshawn Lynch. I plan to post mine within the next week or so and mine will be similar.
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
Tk3 wrote:

This.

This. I wish someone in Buffalo could contact the billboard people so we can put up a sign about how much Bills fans want Geno. I would send in payments for sure.

As for the draft, very nice job Marshawn Lynch. I plan to post mine within the next week or so and mine will be similar.

I know the guy who designed it Very Happy

I don't think we could get the funds necessary to put it up. That would require a lot of Geno supporters.

hargreaves2326

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:

This, with the McKelvin signing I don't think we have enough money, unless fitzpatrick restructures or we cut someone like Brad Smith.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hargreaves2326 wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

This, with the McKelvin signing I don't think we have enough money, unless fitzpatrick restructures or we cut someone like Brad Smith.
Which could very well happen. I bet Fitz re structures

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think we cut or get Smith to restructure as well.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: