Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2013 Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 49, 50, 51  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elliot878

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love it if Elway offer sheeted Danario Alexander, and swiped him from SD for nothing. That guys good, just a risk to injury. Not like he's signing a mega-deal though.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
I'd love it if Elway offer sheeted Danario Alexander, and swiped him from SD for nothing. That guys good, just a risk to injury. Not like he's signing a mega-deal though.

Man, you read my mind. If he could stay healthy, what a steal he would be.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammie Hill (I guess he doesn't want to be called "Sammie Lee" any more) soon might not be a Detroit Lion. The Lions didn't give him a new contract and 4 other teams are interested in him.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2013/03/sammie_hill_has_interest_of_at.html

There's no details which teams are talking to Hill. Maybe the Broncos are one of the four teams. Hill at $1.26 million is a much better deal than Bannan at $3 million.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloyd is a bit too old anyways and wouldn't fit in this offense.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pure speculation on my part, but maybe we are one of the teams interested?

Nick Roach, MLB, Bears

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=chicagobears&id=4682740&city=chicago

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
paul-mac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:

Nick Roach, MLB, Bears

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=chicagobears&id=4682740&city=chicago
Denver simply views MLB as a bit parter, won't be a priority.
elliot878

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

Nick Roach, MLB, Bears

I'm sick of this MLB isn't a 3 down position the way we run our defense talk. I'm not picking on you Paul because plenty of people saw it in an article and are running with it. We just don't have one guy on the roster capable of playing the position three downs.

The split down MLB rotation that we use is out of necessity. If there was a sure fire 3 down MLB sitting where we pick in the draft (say Kuechly last year), you can bet your butt we'd take him.

The split downs at MLB works for us though, so there's really no reason at the moment to take on big FA dollars, or a high draft pick unless its a guarantee (see Kuechly) that the guy is a true 3-down linebacker. There's not one in free agency, there's not one in the draft, so we're probably not allocating a high price/pick towards trying to get lucky there.

If a stud 3 down MLB somehow becomes available, don't for a second think that Elway and Fox wouldn't be open to it. Have a feeling they also would like to see if Irving is capable of being that guy.

Last edited by elliot878 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
paul-mac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

Nick Roach, MLB, Bears

I'm sick of this MLB isn't a 3 down position the way we run our defense.

Listen, MLB isn't a 3 down position because we don't have a guy on our roster who has shown he's capable of playing it 3 downs. The split down MLB rotation that we use works for us, so we probably wont be pursuing it with premium money or a premium draft pick. But if there was a sure fire 3 down MLB sitting where we pick in the draft (say Kuechly last year), you can bet your butt we'd take him.

Legwold was tweeting about this the other day, saying that last year we played 4-2-5 on over 65% of our downs with 2 WLB's in the nickel set(Woodyard and either Trevathan or DJ), basically that there's no point investing resources when Irving/Johnson can play on 1/3 of downs.
elliot878

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

Nick Roach, MLB, Bears

Listen, MLB isn't a 3 down position because we don't have a guy on our roster who has shown he's capable of playing it 3 downs. The split down MLB rotation that we use works for us, so we probably wont be pursuing it with premium money or a premium draft pick. But if there was a sure fire 3 down MLB sitting where we pick in the draft (say Kuechly last year), you can bet your butt we'd take him.

Legwold was tweeting about this the other day, saying that last year we played 4-2-5 on over 65% of our downs with 2 WLB's in the nickel set(Woodyard and either Trevathan or DJ), basically that there's no point investing resources when Irving/Johnson can play on 1/3 of downs.

I edited my post ^^

My point remains the same. Its more out of necessity and utilizing the talents of the roster than "thats the way we do things" and we'll never have a 3 down mlb. Its just about the availability of 3 down linebackers in the 4-3... they're hard to find.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

Nick Roach, MLB, Bears

I edited my post ^^

My point remains the same. Its more out of necessity and utilizing the talents of the roster than "thats the way we do things" and we'll never have a 3 down mlb. Its just about the availability of 3 down linebackers in the 4-3... they're hard to find.

The proof will be in the pudding if Te'o falls to us.
elliot878

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

Nick Roach, MLB, Bears

I edited my post ^^

The proof will be in the pudding if Te'o falls to us.

Not a lock of a 3 down MLB in a 4-3. Kuechly's skill set you knew what you were getting. The closest thing to a true 3 down 4-3 linebacker is Ogletree, and he's got enough issues that Elway and Fox could easily write him off given that the split down thing we've done at MLB the last couple years has worked ok.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next to Freeney, Umenyiora is reportedly on Elway's radar. Did not know that the FO offered a 2nd round pick for Osi two years ago.

http://broncotalk.net/2013/03/45348/denver-broncos/report-broncos-eyeing-freeney-umenyiora/

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
elliot878

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Next to Freeney, Umenyiora is reportedly on Elway's radar. Did not know that the FO offered a 2nd round pick for Osi two years ago.

http://broncotalk.net/2013/03/45348/denver-broncos/report-broncos-eyeing-freeney-umenyiora/

I'd prefer Osi to Freeney for age reasons. Really just prefer whichever one of these pass rushers isnt going to flame out the fastest.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

Nick Roach, MLB, Bears

I'm sick of this MLB isn't a 3 down position the way we run our defense talk. I'm not picking on you Paul because plenty of people saw it in an article and are running with it. We just don't have one guy on the roster capable of playing the position three downs.

The split down MLB rotation that we use is out of necessity. If there was a sure fire 3 down MLB sitting where we pick in the draft (say Kuechly last year), you can bet your butt we'd take him.

The split downs at MLB works for us though, so there's really no reason at the moment to take on big FA dollars, or a high draft pick unless its a guarantee (see Kuechly) that the guy is a true 3-down linebacker. There's not one in free agency, there's not one in the draft, so we're probably not allocating a high price/pick towards trying to get lucky there.

If a stud 3 down MLB somehow becomes available, don't for a second think that Elway and Fox wouldn't be open to it. Have a feeling they also would like to see if Irving is capable of being that guy.

Miller, DJ Williams* *certainly cut
Irving, Johnson, Mays* *potentially cut
Woodyard, Trevathan

I see room for another body or two at LB. Roach is versatile, young and perhaps cheap. To take a look at him would be 100% justified.

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

I'd prefer Osi to Freeney for age reasons. Really just prefer whichever one of these pass rushers isnt going to flame out the fastest.

Osi has had more injury problems as far as I am aware. I am undecided on this. For me it would purely come down to a financial decision between the two.

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 31 of 51

Jump to: