Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Anquan Boldin
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cddolphin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Anquan Boldin Reply with quote

May be getting cut from the Ravens.

I would probably prefer him over Jennings if the Dolphins don't end up signing Wallace.

Thoughts?
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Anquan Boldin Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:

I would probably prefer him over Jennings if the Dolphins don't end up signing Wallace.

Thoughts?

Apparently, Baltimore thinks 6M is too much for him. I'd offer him that if we miss out on Wallace and Jennings.
Fins20??SBChamp

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Anquan Boldin Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:

Thoughts?

I love Boldin. Dude catches everything. But he is not very fast. We need speed at the WR position. So I can't see Ireland paying him 6mil to come play for Miami.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we swing and miss on Jennings and Wallace he would be my 3rd option and then draft Austin in 1st round

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any way it goes, it's good for the Dolphins. Even if they're not interested in him at all, he helps drive down demand at the WR position. The more options that are available, the easier it will be to secure one of those options.
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May thoughts are that the players names we are mentioning in terms of option a,b or c shouldn't be grouped like that. This is not a situation where if we don't ge wallace we take Jennings and if we don't take Jennings we take Boldin. They serve 3 completely different purposes in an offense.

Now that we have resigned Hartline and have plans on adding other WRs we don't need a player like Jennings. I'd even argue that we didn't need him in the 1st place. He's a sure handed route runner with average speed. Hartine is a sure handed route runner with average speed. It's just that Jennings had a better WR corp to open things up for him.

Same goes for Boldin. He's not an either or option for Wallace either. He serves a different purpose. We don't have a Boldin type right now and if we did we would still need someone to take the top off the defense.

This should help:

WR Type A = Jennings Hartline Patton Hopkins
WR Type B = Brandon Marshall, Boldin, Da'Rick Rogers, Rodney Smith
WR Type C = Wallace, Deshawn Jackson, Ryans Swope,
WR Type D = Tavon Austin, Marquis Goodwin,

It's like we are casting a movie ... or better yet look at the the WR corp as a team within a team.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard somewhere he reported if he is cut he is probably going to retire.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphinemidget wrote:

Smokescreen to try and get the Ravens to not ask for a pay cut

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
Dolphinemidget wrote:

Smokescreen to try and get the Ravens to not ask for a pay cut

If so Bolden would be good, but Hartline, Bees, Wallace/Jennings and Bolden, to many. cant see it happening. You know what Bolden Hartline and Bees, I could see them doing that, and drafting a WR in first 2 rounds.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
May thoughts are that the players names we are mentioning in terms of option a,b or c shouldn't be grouped like that. This is not a situation where if we don't ge wallace we take Jennings and if we don't take Jennings we take Boldin. They serve 3 completely different purposes in an offense.

Now that we have resigned Hartline and have plans on adding other WRs we don't need a player like Jennings. I'd even argue that we didn't need him in the 1st place. He's a sure handed route runner with average speed. Hartine is a sure handed route runner with average speed. It's just that Jennings had a better WR corp to open things up for him.

Same goes for Boldin. He's not an either or option for Wallace either. He serves a different purpose. We don't have a Boldin type right now and if we did we would still need someone to take the top off the defense.

This should help:

WR Type A = Jennings Hartline Patton Hopkins
WR Type B = Brandon Marshall, Boldin, Da'Rick Rogers, Rodney Smith
WR Type C = Wallace, Deshawn Jackson, Ryans Swope,
WR Type D = Tavon Austin, Marquis Goodwin,

It's like we are casting a movie ... or better yet look at the the WR corp as a team within a team.

Yes, but outside of Wallace there's not much speed in FA this year, there's a ton of it in the draft though. Boldin may not be in the mold of Wallace but his hands are like a vacuum and he's a redzone target (as opposed to Hartline).

If we whiff on Wallace we'll need to find speed in the draft and instead sign a FA who is a good route runner and sure handed (Boldin, Jennings).
SUG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I've avoided this post long enough.

Love Bolden but we already have a top 5, younger & less expensive slot WR.
We need an outside deep threat & a STUD TE.

Not only that but I can't even see a a true/dedicated slot WR as we better staff our West Coast stable of WRs.

I can't even entertain the notion of acquiring yet another slot WR.

My two cents
sug
SUG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I've avoided this post long enough.

Love Bolden but we already have a top 5, younger & less expensive slot WR.
We need an outside deep threat & a STUD TE.

Not only that but I can't even see a a true/dedicated slot WR as we better staff our West Coast stable of WRs.

I can't even entertain the notion of acquiring yet another slot WR.

My two cents
sug
RealMetalFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boldin to the 49ers for a 6th round pick. A steal.

Would you have given up a 5th? I would've.

That right there is Catrinel Menghia, hottest woman who ever lived, soon to be Catrinel Alexander if she isn't careful.
SUG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RealMetalFan wrote:

What are we supposed to do with 2 slot WRs (Bess/Boldin) when what we lack is a deep passing gm ?

Thats like 10 Mill/yr in 1st downs between 2 players.

On the contrary acquiring Boldin is a regressive step considering we won't even target acquiring or featuring a
"slot WR" on the roster in a yr or 2.

If it aint a quick slant you are throwing those short ydg dump offs to the RB in the WC Off.

just sayin
sug
RealMetalFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
RealMetalFan wrote:

What are we supposed to do with 2 slot WRs (Bess/Boldin) when what we lack is a deep passing gm ?

Thats like 10 Mill/yr in 1st downs between 2 players.

On the contrary acquiring Boldin is a regressive step considering we won't even target acquiring or featuring a
"slot WR" on the roster in a yr or 2.

If it aint a quick slant you are throwing those short ydg dump offs to the RB in the WC Off.

just sayin
sug

If we don't land Wallace or Jennings, then getting Boldin for a 5th would've still been a great upgrade for this team. He may lack the elite deep speed, but he makes up for it in the ability to get open, his body control while going for the catch and his ability to outmuscle the defensive back for the ball. Getting a deep threat will not automatically fix this offense by itself. We could've benefited from a possession guy with his talent too.

That right there is Catrinel Menghia, hottest woman who ever lived, soon to be Catrinel Alexander if she isn't careful.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: