Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Let's Deal - Darrelle Revis
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 45492
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

famousj wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Revis #9 2nd 2014 1

#2


Pass. Jets can make a deal with Philly or Detroit for their picks without trading the #9 pick. There are plenty of CB needy teams. Rookies are no guarantee of success.
That deal with those teams isn't going to stop the Raiders from drafting him.
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KhanYouDigIt


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 4707
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Deal - Darrelle Revis Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
famousj wrote:
Here is the offer:

Darrelle Revis, Jets' second( #39) and 2014 first round pick for #2 pick.


Revis, 2nd and 2014 top 10 pick for #2?


Deal.

Seriously. I don't know why everyone would be against this. Seems like a steal.


And the part where our 'rebuilding' team doesn't have a 1st round pick this year?

No thanks.


When we have two early 1st round picks in 2014 and are in a prime position for Teddy/Clowney, I think you'll forget about that 2013 1st we didn't have.
_________________


TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 45492
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I really doubt either of those teams wouldn't want 9 involved. I doubt they have him graded out as being worthy of a mid-first round pick.
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 45492
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Deal - Darrelle Revis Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
famousj wrote:
Here is the offer:

Darrelle Revis, Jets' second( #39) and 2014 first round pick for #2 pick.


Revis, 2nd and 2014 top 10 pick for #2?


Deal.

Seriously. I don't know why everyone would be against this. Seems like a steal.


And the part where our 'rebuilding' team doesn't have a 1st round pick this year?

No thanks.


When we have two early 1st round picks in 2014 and are in a prime position for Teddy/Clowney, I think you'll forget about that 2013 1st we didn't have.
and when the Jets improve thanks to better QB play, and we improve thanks to not having inept coaching, and we're left missing a blue chipper? And when Revis plays well, and then holds out because he isn't making 12 million a year?
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47549
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Deal - Darrelle Revis Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
famousj wrote:
Here is the offer:

Darrelle Revis, Jets' second( #39) and 2014 first round pick for #2 pick.


Revis, 2nd and 2014 top 10 pick for #2?


Deal.

Seriously. I don't know why everyone would be against this. Seems like a steal.


And the part where our 'rebuilding' team doesn't have a 1st round pick this year?

No thanks.


When we have two early 1st round picks in 2014 and are in a prime position for Teddy/Clowney, I think you'll forget about that 2013 1st we didn't have.
and when the Jets improve thanks to better QB play, and we improve thanks to not having inept coaching, and we're left missing a blue chipper? And when Revis plays well, and then holds out because he isn't making 12 million a year?

If he holds out, you get him signed for peanuts for three extra years. Clause in his current contract.
_________________


#TeamManfred
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83138
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
famousj wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
I don't think that's giving the Jags enough value.


I'll throw in Mark Sanchez to compete for the starting QB job.


Not even if he's released.


Laughing AF We love you
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83138
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Deal - Darrelle Revis Reply with quote

famousj wrote:
The Jaguars could use the best CB in football. You have the cap space.

Here is the offer:

Darrelle Revis, Jets' second( #39) and 2014 first round pick for #2 pick.


Jets grab Geno Smith. I think Geno's value will start to increase as the draft gets closer. He is the best QB for Marty Mornhinweg's WCO.


Idk where Revis is in his recovery but i think not knowing the 2014 pick makes me say no
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jagman777


Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 6684
Location: 904
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would take that deal
_________________
StevePerry wrote:
Trust Steve. A belt buckle of that quality will change your life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83138
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
i would take that deal


Given his injury, age and contract, really?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jagman777


Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 6684
Location: 904
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
jagman777 wrote:
i would take that deal


Given his injury, age and contract, really?


only because i think the jets will be bad next year Surprised
_________________
StevePerry wrote:
Trust Steve. A belt buckle of that quality will change your life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83138
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
jagman777 wrote:
i would take that deal


Given his injury, age and contract, really?


only because i think the jets will be bad next year Surprised


How bad we talking?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JagsFanInNY


Joined: 25 Feb 2013
Posts: 1389
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Deal - Darrelle Revis Reply with quote

famousj wrote:
The Jaguars could use the best CB in football. You have the cap space.

Here is the offer:

Darrelle Revis, Jets' second( #39) and 2014 first round pick for #2 pick.


Jets grab Geno Smith. I think Geno's value will start to increase as the draft gets closer. He is the best QB for Marty Mornhinweg's WCO.
just no!! Revis is not going to win this team any games. Unless the Jets would sell incredibly low, no reason at all for the Jags to pursue Revis.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83138
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Deal - Darrelle Revis Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
famousj wrote:
The Jaguars could use the best CB in football. You have the cap space.

Here is the offer:

Darrelle Revis, Jets' second( #39) and 2014 first round pick for #2 pick.


Jets grab Geno Smith. I think Geno's value will start to increase as the draft gets closer. He is the best QB for Marty Mornhinweg's WCO.
just no!! Revis is not going to win this team any games. Unless the Jets would sell incredibly low, no reason at all for the Jags to pursue Revis.


I feel like by the time we are in a position to make the playoffs, Revis will be gone or declining, assuming he is back to 100% this year anyways
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group