Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Upon further review...OLB (part deux)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
What do you guys think about Okafor? He may struggle in coverage, but he's great against the run and a solid pass rusher. Does he have a fit in a 3-4?

Definitely not a SOLB. Not an ideal WOLB because he just isn't an elite pass rusher. He reminds me of a less athletic Sam Montgomery. Both may be taken in the top part of round two as 4-3 DEs, but I probably wouldn't draft Okafor in three first the rounds as an OLB.
MPjeffryred

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like Jamie Collins in the late third or early fourth. I think he is exactly what we need and the fact USM went winless last year may cause him to drop to us at the above mentioned spot.
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

post combine updates in OP
FLOODx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the update. Huge fan of Jamie Collins and I still think Jarvis Jones is the best player in the entire draft. Jordan's shoulder bothers me a lot too. If he decides to get surgery it will effect his ability to workout and try to add more weight onto his slim frame. Love his speed and ability to cover, though. I think he could be molded into a great pass rusher, but doesn't have any moves. Average against the run. I like Werner as a SOLB. I think he'll be a solid pro, but he'll never be elite at the position. I'll have to watch more of Jenkins and I still think Ansah needs to have his hand in the dirt. He's got all the physical tools to be an all-pro, he just needs the right teaching. 4-3 end would be his best position, OLB might be a lot for a guy new to the game to learn.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
wooten72

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just look at the combine numbers on here and one guy i NEVER heard of jumped out because he had some of the BEST numbers at the combine...Do any of you know who Cornelius Washington is? I know speed isnt everything but he runs a 4.55 and is 6'4 265 http://www.footballsfuture.com/2013/combine/olb.html
wooten72

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KSD-XriyTQ this is all i can find but he appears to play SOLB in Georgia's 3-4 but has anyone seen him a full game?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: