Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Offseason-Rebuilding the Right Way

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eaglefreak123

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Mock Offseason-Rebuilding the Right Way Reply with quote

Cut/Not Resigned:

DRC
Nnamdi Asomugha
King Dunlap
Akeem Jordan
Darryl Tapp
Trent Edwards
Phillip Hunt
Stanley Havili
Clay Harbor
David Sims

Resignings:

S Colt Anderson 2 years 1.6 mil
LS Jon Dorenbos 2 years 1.6 mil

Total Cap Space Available: $46.2 million

Free Agency Signings:

1. G Andy Levitre, 27 5 yrs/$38 million (7.6 mil cap hit)
Levitre brings an elite skill set in pass protection and allows Vick to rest easy in the pocket with a healthy/improved line.

2. CB Keenan Lewis, 27 4 yrs/$22 million (5.5 mil cap hit)
Lewis is an underrated, reliable talent that Pittsburgh won't be able to resign due to their own cap issues. Immediately upgrades the outside in our secondary makeover.

3. S Dashon Goldson, 28 5 yrs/$40 million (8 mil cap hit)
The biggest splash in Free Agency for the Eagles at the position with the biggest need in my eyes. Goldson brings a tough mentality that we desperately need in this new regime.

4. TE Delaney Walker, 29 3 yrs/$9.3 million (3.1 mil cap hit)
Walker is a tremendous blocker that will be necessary in Chip's run first offense. He can also help stretch the field in a way that Celek can't.

5. DT/DE Arthur Jones, 27 3 yrs/$10.5 million (3.5 mil cap hit)
Jones played a pivotal role in the Ravens' Super Bowl run this past season and will come in and stop the run at the 5 tech in our new 3-4/4-3 under package.

6. DT/DE Glenn Dorsey, 28 2 yrs/$5.6 million (2.8 mil cap hit)
Dorsey has been a huge bust for the Chiefs after being a top 5 pick a few years back. However, we take a risk on his upside and this gives up the depth to rotate him out with Jones at the 5 tech during the year.

Total Cap Space Available After Free Agency Signings: $15.7 million

After being burned by a free agency where we brought in a lot of stars and big names, we again go on a spending spree with the large amount of cap space that cap expert, Howie Roseman, was able to obtain after cutting ties with the Dream Team. The only difference this time is that we are bringing in underrated or under the radar players that helped contribute to their teams and fit the scheme that we are trying to run instead of throwing together a group of names and assuming that they will succeed.

Trades:

1. Nick Foles, 2013 4th rnd pick to the Buffalo Bills for their 2nd, #41.
The time is now to trade Foles as there are teams with a serious need at QB and a 2014 draft dripping with QB talent. Foles became disposable once Chip came in to Philly. As much as he says that Foles will have a chance to succeed in his offense, we all know that Foles isn't the QB of the future. We take a risk with Vick this year in Chip's offense with the plan to take one of the stud 2014 QBs to build around for the future. This gives us value for Foles now with the flexibility to turn a young asset that doesn't fit our system into a young asset that will fit our system.

Draft:

Round 1 (4): Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon
Jordan steps right in and starts at SAM in our 4-3 under personnel due to his ability to rush the passer and drop into coverage. He's Chip's guy and will turn out to be our FO's guy once all is said and done.

Round 2 (35): Jonathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
Banks is a tall, physical corner that will start on the opposite side of Lewis, giving us a solid duo to build the defense around.

Round 2 (41) *From Buffalo*: Jesse Williams, NT, Alabama
Williams is a physical freak that has only been playing organized football since his high school days. He will be an anchor at the NT for years to come as he already has the big body and NFL coaching will benefit him tremendously.

Round 3 (67): Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno State
Thomas is the complement to Goldson on the back end that will help solidify our secondary for years to come. Allen isn't as bad as people think, but an upgrade is necessary, nonetheless.

Round 4 (9Cool: *Traded to Buffalo*

Round 5 (129): Cornelius Washington, ILB, Georgia
Washington is a freak athlete who clocked a 4.55 40 and repped 225 36 times at the combine all at 6'4 260 pounds. We take a gamble on him as we hope that his physical tools correspond to the ILB position in a 3-4/4-3 under defense. He will learn under Demeco for the time being.

Round 6 *From The Broncos*: Matt Scott, QB, Arizona
QB is an important position for any team, but especially for the Eagles as Michael Vick is made of glass. Scott steps in as the backup and gives us depth for years to come. His skillset fits well with what Kelly wants to do as he ran for 632 yards and 6 TDs last year under Rich Rodriguez at Arizona.

Round 7: James Ferentz, C, Iowa
Ferentz is the son of Hawkeyes coach Kirk Ferentz, giving him an advantage by growing up in a football household. Ferentz is undersized, but mobile, something that Chip Kelly offensive lineman need to be.

Final Depth Chart:
QB: Mike Vick/Matt Scott/Dennis Dixon
RB: LeSean McCoy/Bryce Brown/Dion Lewis/Chris Polk
FB: (None)
TE: Brent Celek/Delaney Walker
WR1: Desean Jackson/Damaris Johnson
WR2: Jeremy Maclin/Riley Cooper
WR3: Jason Avant
LT: Jason Peters/Matt Reynolds
LG: Evan Mathis/Nate Menkin
C: Jason Kelce/James Ferentz
RG: Andy Levitre/Danny Watkins
RT: Todd Herremans/Dennis Kelly

DE (5 Tech): Arthur Jones/Glenn Dorsey
NT: Jesse Williams/Antonio Dixon
DE (3 Tech): Fletcher Cox/Cedric Thornton
SAM: Dion Jordan/Jamar Chaney/ Chris McCoy
ILB: DeMeco Ryans/Cornelius Washington
WLB: Mychal Kendricks/Casey Matthews
Predator/LEO: Trent Cole/Brandon Graham/Vinny Curry
CB: Jonathan Banks/Curtis Marsh
CB: Keenan Lewis/Brandon Hughes
Slot CB: Brandon Boykin
FS: Phillip Thomas/Nate Allen
SS: Dashon Goldson/Kurt Coleman/Colt Anderson

K: Alex Henery
P: Mat McBriar
LS: Jon Dorenbos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like any of this draft
A little too spendy in FA
I can't see all those guys wanting to come to a 4-12 team

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Perryman, D Greenberry, C Davis, T Coleman, H Kikaha. Fire BillyD!?
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Levitre's contract is bad.

I like Keenan Lewis and Jones, rest of FA I'm not a fan of.

We won't trade Foles.

Draft is okay I suppose.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
EagleBlueDon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, don't love it, but like it..But I do love getting Keenan Lewis (my most treasured FA this year along with Moore), Jones, and Walker in FA and Williams, Dion, and Banks in the draft. Not nuts about Levitre being that he is a guard and we need a RT for Todd to dominate at RG..don't know much about Phillip Thomas admittedly..might want a different option to start at FS like Nate Allen and Thomas could back him up for now. Very, very solid job though IMO..covered all positions of need with solid/good-great additions IMO.
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaLI1pRL11Y
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Levitre's contract is bad.

I like Keenan Lewis and Jones, rest of FA I'm not a fan of.

We won't trade Foles.

Draft is okay I suppose.

My sentiments as well

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: