Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Let the rumors in FA begin
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Let the rumors in FA begin Reply with quote

Thought we could start a free agency rumors thread for the bengals.

The first one I stumbled on was Dashon Goldston.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2013/03/05/keeping-them-honest-the-dashon-goldson-comments/

While i don't see it happeneing for several reasons, it at least gives us something to squabble over as March 12 inches closer.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally in a deep safety class like this, I would say no to paying Goldson the kind of money he wants. But one of the biggest issues I have with Zimmer (other than playing Geathers), is he doesn't like/trust young DBs. So even if we draft a young DB, Zimmer will probably bench him for Crocker or Clements (sigh).

If we bring in a guy like Goldson, I think Zimmer would trust a veteran DB like him and give him playing time...
sparky151

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goldson or William Moore would be good signings for the Bengals. This is a deep safety draft but not a particularly good one. I doubt the Bengals bring in a high priced free agent though unless Andre walks.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky151 wrote:
Goldson or William Moore would be good signings for the Bengals. This is a deep safety draft but not a particularly good one. I doubt the Bengals bring in a high priced free agent though unless Andre walks.

I would love William Moore in stripes but with Atlanta cap dumping I doubt he'll sign elsewhere. But if he does hit the FA market, I would love for us to sign either of them...
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be unreal. He could be the missing piece that truly makes our D elite.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be very happy if we could land Goldson or Moore and Philip Wheeler. That would just about allow us to go straight BPA.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're going to be the team that everybody talks to and no one signs with so we can drive up the price of these players and limit other teams caps now and in future years. I'll be completely floored if we sign anyone that isn't a backup or a vet retread outside of our own guys.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
We're going to be the team that everybody talks to and no one signs with so we can drive up the price of these players and limit other teams caps now and in future years. I'll be completely floored if we sign anyone that isn't a backup or a vet retread outside of our own guys.

I'm more than good with that.

As Villian said in another thread, it would only happen if we lose Andre.
ark23

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if we don't get Goldson though I'm starting to think that it's very unlikely that we take a safety with our first round pick. Highest Marvin has ever taken a safety in the draft is with, what pick 56 with Madieu Williams? I think if we retain Andre we go either LB or RB at 21 and if we don't get Andre go OL, LB or RB at 21. Just don't think it's safety.

Can't say I wouldn't be a fan of Goldson however.
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ark23 wrote:
Even if we don't get Goldson though I'm starting to think that it's very unlikely that we take a safety with our first round pick. Highest Marvin has ever taken a safety in the draft is with, what pick 56 with Madieu Williams? I think if we retain Andre we go either LB or RB at 21 and if we don't get Andre go OL, LB or RB at 21. Just don't think it's safety.

RB at 21 is a big nono in my books. Theres SO many decent runningbacks in every class its easy to find one later. Especially that we have two 2nd round picks. I see no reason we can't go BPA at 21.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only situation i would take someone at 21 is:

1. If Vaccarro is there
2. If someone falls (J. Jones)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ark23 wrote:
Even if we don't get Goldson though I'm starting to think that it's very unlikely that we take a safety with our first round pick. Highest Marvin has ever taken a safety in the draft is with, what pick 56 with Madieu Williams? I think if we retain Andre we go either LB or WR at 21 and if we don't get Andre go OL, LB or WR at 21. Just don't think it's safety.

Slightly modified your response
Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would you guys think about Eric Winston if Andre doesn't move on his 10 million per season request. A very solid T who can be a stop gap as we draft a guy in the 3rd or 4th round and groom him to replace Winston. I think he can be had for 5-6 million per season.
sparky151

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure Winston would be happy to get 5 mil per, since that's what he signed for last year and didn't live up to. If we let Andre walk and go for someone less expensive, then I'd prefer someone like Loadholt or Vollmer who can be plugged in and left there for 5 years. The alternative is to find a stopgap then draft a replacement but that requires an extra roster spot and we won't get full value from the stopgap if the rookie develops as hoped.
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Adam jones had a good season last year. Do you guys expect to resign him or let dre take take over.
Also do you think he could excel on the nickel? And what kind of contract do you expect him to get? Annual?

Thanks guys

Edit: I think Goldson would be a great addition to your d. He can set the tone and lay the wood. Also his coverage is much improved. Would help take your d to the next level. You guys should pay da man Laughing

new sig... sorry alex

Last edited by 49ers Finest on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 1 of 21

Jump to: