Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who is your surprise pick for the Chiefs 1st Round?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Ry,
Just curious, are you still as high on Dion Jordan as you were or have you cooled on him a bit? I know you are high on Ansah - do you still really like Jordan? Honestly, if we are backed into a corner I am not completely opposed to us selecting Ansah - as long as Sutton is smart enough to gameplan for Ansah to maximize his impact and minimize his weaknesses right now being exposed. I still would prefer Lotulelei (if he checks out medically) but from a strictly defensive standpoint, I wouldn't mind Ansah with the caveat of smart gameplanning above.

I like Jordan a lot because of how versatile his skill set is. Any 6'7" guy who runs a 4.4 or 4.5 and is also agile enough to cover slot receivers AND rush the passer is worth the risk of any lofty draft pick. The fact that he's so raw and that we already have Tamba & Houston would make him purely a luxury pick, so that's why I want Ansah or Geno instead.

Love the kid, though. Crazy athlete.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
Ry,
Just curious, are you still as high on Dion Jordan as you were or have you cooled on him a bit? I know you are high on Ansah - do you still really like Jordan? Honestly, if we are backed into a corner I am not completely opposed to us selecting Ansah - as long as Sutton is smart enough to gameplan for Ansah to maximize his impact and minimize his weaknesses right now being exposed. I still would prefer Lotulelei (if he checks out medically) but from a strictly defensive standpoint, I wouldn't mind Ansah with the caveat of smart gameplanning above.

I like Jordan a lot because of how versatile his skill set is. Any 6'7" guy who runs a 4.4 or 4.5 and is also agile enough to cover slot receivers AND rush the passer is worth the risk of any lofty draft pick. The fact that he's so raw and that we already have Tamba & Houston would make him purely a luxury pick, so that's why I want Ansah or Geno instead.

Love the kid, though. Crazy athlete.

Cool, that's what I thought. Yeah, I would prefer Ansah to Jordan largely because I think Ansah could play pretty much all of the positions Jordan would but Jordan couldn't play all of the positions Ansah could.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Cool, that's what I thought. Yeah, I would prefer Ansah to Jordan largely because I think Ansah could play pretty much all of the positions Jordan would but Jordan couldn't play all of the positions Ansah could.

Yup. Jordan is strictly a 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB with his best fit being in the 3-4. If he went to a team like the Jets with Rex using him in various ways, I think that would be the best situation for him.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Kcpre

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My surprise pick is Jarvis Jones
Mikek163

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kcpre wrote:
My surprise pick is Jarvis Jones

Yeah I would agree with this.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it's considered a surprise but I'm officially pencilling in Milliner at #1 unless we can trade out.

With T-Jax restructuring and Alberts getting tagged tat really only leaves CB and ILB as the top two needs for KC. CB is the only position that makes sense.
bigballin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man so many...

I really like Xavier Rhodes and it seems alot of others do as well.

It really all depends on what we do in free agency.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timmay98 wrote:
I don't know if it's considered a surprise but I'm officially pencilling in Milliner at #1 unless we can trade out.

With T-Jax restructuring and Alberts getting tagged tat really only leaves CB and ILB as the top two needs for KC. CB is the only position that makes sense.

Who is your other DE? I would argue that DE could be addressed early in the draft, cornerback in FA (developmental player in the draft as well), and ILB in FA and by adding a developmental player in the draft as well.

Example :

DE : Star Lotulelei in round #1/Ropati Pituotua re-signed.
CB : Bradley Fletcher signed as FA/Darius Slay, Dwayne Gratz, or Logan Ryan drafted in middle rounds as developmental prospect.
ILB : Brandon Siler and Edgar Jones re-signed as FA (Brad Jones as an outside FA example) and Kevin Reddick, Gerald Hodges, etc. drafted in middle rounds as developmental prospect.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: