Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball XVIII
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
Hey just wondering when does the season officially start to where every pick counts towards the 1st weeks match up each team gets only 5 and I kind of want too know when that goes into effect.

I mean were only allowed 5 pick ups you shouldn't be able to use endless pickups before week one match up even starts lol.

So when does the pick up rule start and go into effect for week 1 match up!

Just a guess, but....during the matchup?

Just one more reason I despised the draft so early and why it really favored teams like me that can pick up and drop players at will because I have nothing invested in them.
LION KING

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um how about right after the draft you want too waste a pick up it should go towards the 1st week match up!

Sounds like a good idea too me lol. Wink

YEAH I SAID IT FROM DAY ONE I TAKE A P OVER CALVIN !
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
Um how about right after the draft you want too waste a pick up it should go towards the 1st week match up!

Sounds like a good idea too me lol. Wink

a.) it is not the matchup and should not count towards the matchup
b.) Not possible with ESPN settings, so no sense in talking about it.
davisblack

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/fantasy/baseball/story/_/page/mlbdk2k13_sleepersbusts/watch-adam-eaton-josh-rutledge-alex-cobb

ESPN sleepers and busts. I disagree with a lot of it, but its still pretty interesting.
#6 P Sam Martin
#45 FB Jed Collins
YlionsY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texiera out 8-10 weeks for whoever has him.
YlionsY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davisblack wrote:
http://espn.go.com/fantasy/baseball/story/_/page/mlbdk2k13_sleepersbusts/watch-adam-eaton-josh-rutledge-alex-cobb

ESPN sleepers and busts. I disagree with a lot of it, but its still pretty interesting.

I hope they are right. I have a lot of the listed sleepers and none of the busts.
LION KING

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to put an idea out there for next year see what everyone opinion is on my idea moving forward in this league.

People have wanted some kind of trade rule put forth so I am going to take a shot at it perhaps making a suggestion.

1. We all love trading for big name keepers to improve our own keepers players like Prince and Utley and this season Stras have been moved to other teams for picks and or players.

This is actually great for the league because it allows everyone the ability to add a keeper they dream of having even if they lack players to get them in a player for player only trade they need picks to make it happen.

2. Every year we protect 5 keepers before draft, we could call this winter meetings in baseball waiting on the draft to start up it gives each owner a great chance to trade there keepers for other keepers or picks in the upcoming draft. During this time teams can if they choice make huge deals to alter there own keepers I see nothing wrong with this ability.

3 Once draft starts - Season rules apply players for players only or picks for picks only to move up and down the draft board this rule applies all year even at the deadline.

4 Season ends we start the process all over again Protect 5 Keepers before draft get into talks with other owners for possible trades before draft.

I really love the fact you can use picks to add lets say Posey even if your over paying you got the keeper and there is a limited time period to make this choice during each season but there is no dumping of roster during the year just to get a one round bump before deadline.

I really wish we could talk and debate this topic all year perhaps we can come up with something that would make the league better for everyone.

detfan782004

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will wait for the COMMISH to call a vote for change before I waste anymore time debating rule changes

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
LION KING

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
I will wait for the COMMISH to call a vote for change before I waste anymore time debating rule changes

Exactly there is no vote for a rule change until the Commish does it!

But that don't stop anyone from discussing it, I am not putting it to a vote Detroit Fan asking for peoples opinions only nothing is up for a vote bye anyone outside of the Commish.

We have a month before baseball starts almost so discussing the league is an option right now while were all waiting for the season to start up no one said anything about debating its do ya have any opinions or suggestions about the league! Wink

nagahide13

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why people have such a problem with the way things currently are...
LION KING

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nagahide13 wrote:
I don't understand why people have such a problem with the way things currently are...

I don't have a problem others did so its a good time to discuss it!

We have 20 plus days of doing nothing why not discuss it now instead of crying about how they don't like things later. Wink

nagahide13

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
nagahide13 wrote:

I don't have a problem others did so its a good time to discuss it!

We have 20 plus days of doing nothing why not discuss it now instead of crying about how they don't like things later. Wink

I'd rather have them cry about it later than change it now and limit what I'm allowed to do with my own team. Cool

If a manager is bad, he's bad and we all have an equal opportunity to take advantage of them. We don't need rules propping them up.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nagahide13 wrote:

I guess people are content with 50% of league being competitive and accepting mediocrity. Goodness if some changes would better the league.

Then again it would make it tougher to win so I understand why some people are against it

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
LION KING

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL its bye far harder to win it right now with loaded teams then not loaded!

Its not even close to debate you think it would be harder if all teams were in the race well just because of a number of teams in it don't change the fact the other 1/2 of teams are loaded with talent making it even harder to win beat one of them let alone all 8 loaded teams that had draft over bye round 8.

Facts are its harder to win it all now !

Last edited by LION KING on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
detfan782004

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harder to win with 12 competitive teams or 4 loaded....hmmm.

Yea okay. Whatever.

1 in 4 shot versus 1 in 12.

Gotcha

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 5 of 101

Jump to: