Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So why no movement ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutler06

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: So why no movement ? Reply with quote

I see other teams are already signing their FA's, why aren't we hearing anything with Denver ? Are they just waiting for the free agency frenzy to start ?

Anyone hearing anything yet ?

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: So why no movement ? Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
I see other teams are already signing their FA's, why aren't we hearing anything with Denver ? Are they just waiting for the free agency frenzy to start ?

I think it's because we don't have any huge name FAs like some of these other teams do, so if we lose, say Justin Bannan, the net effect on our team isn't as great as KC losing Bowe, NE losing Welker, etc...

Also, most of what you're hearing right now is about teams in cap hell restructuring to get out of it. Thankfully that isn't an issue with us so there's no need to worry.

Thanks, Tzimisce
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What 67 said plus I think we want to see the market value for most of our FA's.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werent we very slow with all things free agency last year? I think we were brutally slow to do anything when UFA opened up. Maybe im thinking of another of my fav teams.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
Werent we very slow with all things free agency last year? I think we were brutally slow to do anything when UFA opened up. Maybe im thinking of another of my fav teams.
People here were getting pissed Laughing

Saying we should move on from Manning for him taking awhile to decide.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
People here were getting pissed Laughing

Saying we should move on from Manning for him taking awhile to decide.

Thats right. All the eggs were in the Manning basket and we were missing out on other guys.

I had a feeling this was the fan base i love that was going a little nuts lol.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elway is patient, he knows that the guys who get contracts right away are being overpaid. Sit tight and let the market dictate what guys are worth, sign a few quality guys for the right price after the market settles down.
Cutler06

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, free agency doesn't start for another week, but there are some players who don't have contracts that we could be looking at, some of our own that we need to sign....just sayin' the guys we want to keep are getting closer to free agency, where the salaries can explode i.e. Bunkley.

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
Well, free agency doesn't start for another week, but there are some players who don't have contracts that we could be looking at, some of our own that we need to sign....just sayin' the guys we want to keep are getting closer to free agency, where the salaries can explode i.e. Bunkley.

Elway looks more and more like Ozzie as a GM. The latter always goes by the philosophy that players who the FO wants to keep are told just that and are made an offer in advance, but are encouraged to test the markes as well. That way they the FO enables itself to match the offer or move on but never overpay a player for what the team considers his real worth. Franchises reliant on the draft go by that mantra, compete every year and rarely are caught in cap hell.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackedUP wrote:
Elway is patient, he knows that the guys who get contracts right away are being overpaid. Sit tight and let the market dictate what guys are worth, sign a few quality guys for the right price after the market settles down.

Exactly.

Elway's job rebuilding the franchise has been nothing short of phenomenal. We're not going to overpay for has-been free agents on the downsides of their careers like Brian Urlacher and Wes Welker (two players whom I love but who also are not worth the price they will command) and instead build through the draft. This the recipe for success - draft the BPA and whoever you sign/trade for in free agency should be an in-their-prime player who is either worth their contract or available at a bargain price. That is what smart teams do.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
Donut

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
JackedUP wrote:

Exactly.

Elway's job rebuilding the franchise has been nothing short of phenomenal. We're not going to overpay for has-been free agents on the downsides of their careers like Brian Urlacher and Wes Welker (two players whom I love but who also are not worth the price they will command) and instead build through the draft. This the recipe for success - draft the BPA and whoever you sign/trade for in free agency should be an in-their-prime player who is either worth their contract or available at a bargain price. That is what smart teams do.

I'm totally against paying WW(for both NE and Denver) but its totally incorrect to call him a hasbeen. But he's asking for more than his worth.

But what would Elway be doing anyways for FAs? No one is an UFA that actually that important they have to get something done ASAP. He's going to be negotiating w/ Clady but it isnt urgent. Also rumors of him talking to Dumervil about restructuring is happening.
He's going to keep it all on downlow and formulate a plan of what he wants to do.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Re: So why no movement ? Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:

Teams can start negotiating with free agents Friday night and signings can start Tuesday.

I expect the Broncos to reach out to the agents for a few RBs, WRs, and DTs early this weekend. But I'd be surprised if any signings happen before midweek.

The fun will be in trying to see through the various smokescreens that teams are putting out now. For example, the Twitterverse is filled with rumors about high-priced free agents, like Revis.

Players rumored as Denver targets:
Terrance Knighton, wide-body DT from Jacksonville
Sean Smith, Miami CB
Shonn Greene, Jets RB
Ahmad Bradshaw, Giants RB
Michael Turner, Atlanta RB
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: So why no movement ? Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:

Teams can start negotiating with free agents Friday night and signings can start Tuesday.

I expect the Broncos to reach out to the agents for a few RBs, WRs, and DTs early this weekend. But I'd be surprised if any signings happen before midweek.

The fun will be in trying to see through the various smokescreens that teams are putting out now. For example, the Twitterverse is filled with rumors about high-priced free agents, like Revis.

Players rumored as Denver targets:
Terrance Knighton, wide-body DT from Jacksonville
Sean Smith, Miami CB
Shonn Greene, Jets RB
Ahmad Bradshaw, Giants RB
Michael Turner, Atlanta RB

Turner has nothing left, Greene sucks and Bradshaw is always injured. All will cost far more than their worth. We're better off looking at someone like Chris Ivory to fill our needs at RB.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Turner is better than Ahmad Bradshaw just for the record. I don't know why people always crap on Turner but are more sympathetic to Bradshaw. Frankly if I had to choose between the two I would rather have Turner. Bradshaw is slow like Turner only he doesn't have any size either. Poor man's Thomas Jones. Running Back has been an issue with the Giants for years now if you ask me.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing Madden today I noticed that Sean Smith is quite young. Telling from the name I mistook him for someone else. What is your guys' take on him? By the way... hell yes to Ivory. Not as washed up as others, did more with less snaps, runs hard and comes cheap. I'd take Ivory over Shonn Greene any day. And considering the future, also over Steven Jackson. Ivory is the underrated clone of Eddie Lacy.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: