Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Von Miller proclaims Denver Broncos will win 2013 Super Bowl

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hibdib31

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Von Miller proclaims Denver Broncos will win 2013 Super Bowl Reply with quote

On his Twitter, Von Miller said:

Quote:
You can post this where ever.. Denver broncos will win the Super Bowl 2013 #4UJEREMIAH #IGUARANTEEIT58 if you are with us Retweet

https://twitter.com/MillerLite40/status/308853735940046848

From reading his most recent tweets, it seems Von was moved by his younger cousin, Jeremiah, coming out of a coma after a car accident.

We all saw how much Von elevated the defensive play in Denver and how hard he took the playoff loss. He has always been a humble player, so I do not take this proclamation as cocky. I think it is a mix of motivation and determination for a young player who is an elite player already in his second year to strive to get to the next level. Von is going to work the hardest this offseason, and I hope everyone on the Denver Broncos can feed off of that.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the emotion, but I hate talk like this. Do your job (Josh McD voice) and win games. That's it.

MUFC OK
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehh, at least he didn't say it on ESPN or something so it gets all blown up. I agree though lomax, just play and you'll be rewarded.

That being said, if Von has extra motivation to go out and dominate...yeah I'm cool with that.

Thanks, Tzimisce
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean, its a great thing to motivate you but Im not taking it out of proportion. He said this in reference to his cousin coming out of a coma.

What was up with the PFF article he tweet. "This season is #Priceless"?

Im not sure if hes mad hes out-performed his contract or if hes saying this about his cousin being alive and money doesnt mean a thing to him?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not say it? If you can get the troops to rally around you to win a Super Bowl for his brother...why not?
7DnBrnc53

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me something I don't know, Von.
hibdib31

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
I mean, its a great thing to motivate you but Im not taking it out of proportion. He said this in reference to his cousin coming out of a coma.

What was up with the PFF article he tweet. "This season is #Priceless"?

Im not sure if hes mad hes out-performed his contract or if hes saying this about his cousin being alive and money doesnt mean a thing to him?

I would think the latter.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with George. Being in the business of making grandiose guarantees in early March sounds like something you hear from a Jets or Cowboys player, not a Bronco.

I don't have a problem with this, per se, I just wish he hadn't said it. Oh well.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
dbronx42

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HATE when players predict things like this. Von Miller is my favorite player, but saying this was just stupid. Almost never works out well in any way. He then posted an article from PFF about how he was out-producing his contract.

AND now it's on ESPN's NFL Live. d'oh!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Ehh, at least he didn't say it on ESPN or something so it gets all blown up. I agree though lomax, just play and you'll be rewarded.

That being said, if Von has extra motivation to go out and dominate...yeah I'm cool with that.

He was on espn radio with Cowherd this afternoon. The guy is all sorts of jacked up. He did say it was in reference to his cousin. He said that its made him more motivated and that hes putting in work and knows his teammates will be right there with him putting in extra work.

Its seemingly a rally call to the rest of the team. The energy he had in the interview, wow.

Cowherd did joke "what'd Manning say about this?" To which Von kinda deferred. But the main point is this was said out of excitement about his cousin. He is definitely crazy motivated though.

Between he and Wolfe theres a very clear theme emerging of E/F first picks. Guys put in a ton of work.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if anyone can say this and back it up, would be Shannon Sharpe, then it would be Von Miller. That guy is crazy good, and can take over a game. So, he can certainly impact the outcome of a game and will need to support the Broncos winning the Super Bowl. I am totally behind him.
hibdib31

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Straight from the Bronco's mouth:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1555674-von-miller-defends-super-bowl-win-guarantee
elliot878

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
I think if anyone can say this and back it up, would be Shannon Sharpe, then it would be Von Miller. That guy is crazy good, and can take over a game. So, he can certainly impact the outcome of a game and will need to support the Broncos winning the Super Bowl. I am totally behind him.

No ones ever come up bigger on a guarantee than this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMBqmyi5LRM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

Uhhhh ....... Joe Namath?
elliot878

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

Uhhhh ....... Joe Namath?

before my time!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: