Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OILCHIEFS Mock Off-Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
OILCHIEFS wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
You're missing our 3rd round comp pick. Also, I just don't see us signing all of those UFAs. Check out the cap discussion thread for resoning.

Has it been made official? I'm kinda of waiting and trying not to assume anything.

Yeah, I do understand what you saying about the UFA's. Smith is the only real high price guy and the only reason i chose him is because of the rumors that have been circulating. I'd rather go Fletcher or a more value based signing.

However, I also assume us reworking or cutting Tyson Jackson so that will give us some space.

No one else really is a huge name signing. Phillips maybe but even the G-men aren't willing to break the bank.

Thanks for replying Bigs!

No, the 3rd compensatory is not for sure, but the formula is public knowledge, and some guys have used that to put together a reasonably accurate projection, which gives us the 2nd comp pick of the 3rd round, behind only the Texans with Mario Williams. While it won't be official until later this month, it's fairly certain, and would be a big impact on a full off-season projection of this team.

As for the cap, what I've seen, even with a very modest restructure of Tyson, say $4MM this year, cutting Cassel, adding Smith, re-signing or tagging Bowe and Albert for basically an average of $9MM each this year, you've got maybe $6-7MM left. That may be off a million or two, but it's pretty close.

I honestly see Tyson being allowed to hit the street, and we sign the most reasonable of him, Canty, Jenkins, and Starks. We need him back at a very cap friendly number of less then $3MM per year, and no way he takes that deal before testing UFA, unless it's like a fully guaranteed 6yr deal at $3MM/yr.

Nice, I made a reserved spot for when they are actually named so i'll wait until then. I actually spent some time digging into the comp pick formula because of what Pioli did last summer. I see us getting 2-3 comp picks this year.

I guess my calculations we're a little off for the salary cap. Embarassed
I'll definitely rearrange things for the next update. I also like the idea of Starks coming in. He's a player i've liked for awhile but he could be the most expensive out of those three.

What do you think about the draft? Manuel in the 3rd for me is something very new as I've been Geno all the way.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
OILCHIEFS wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
You're missing our 3rd round comp pick. Also, I just don't see us signing all of those UFAs. Check out the cap discussion thread for resoning.

Has it been made official? I'm kinda of waiting and trying not to assume anything.

Yeah, I do understand what you saying about the UFA's. Smith is the only real high price guy and the only reason i chose him is because of the rumors that have been circulating. I'd rather go Fletcher or a more value based signing.

However, I also assume us reworking or cutting Tyson Jackson so that will give us some space.

No one else really is a huge name signing. Phillips maybe but even the G-men aren't willing to break the bank.

Thanks for replying Bigs!

No, the 3rd compensatory is not for sure, but the formula is public knowledge, and some guys have used that to put together a reasonably accurate projection, which gives us the 2nd comp pick of the 3rd round, behind only the Texans with Mario Williams. While it won't be official until later this month, it's fairly certain, and would be a big impact on a full off-season projection of this team.

As for the cap, what I've seen, even with a very modest restructure of Tyson, say $4MM this year, cutting Cassel, adding Smith, re-signing or tagging Bowe and Albert for basically an average of $9MM each this year, you've got maybe $6-7MM left. That may be off a million or two, but it's pretty close.

I honestly see Tyson being allowed to hit the street, and we sign the most reasonable of him, Canty, Jenkins, and Starks. We need him back at a very cap friendly number of less then $3MM per year, and no way he takes that deal before testing UFA, unless it's like a fully guaranteed 6yr deal at $3MM/yr.

No Starks

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ej Manuel doesn't have the running ability to project as a Kapernick.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Ej Manuel doesn't have the running ability to project as a Kapernick.

I should have specified. I meant that give em a couple years and he can take over the team when Smith starts his decline.

I think Manuel is a better passer but yes Kaep is a better runner. Manuel is underrated at it though. Mainly I'm hoping Manuel can put it together in his head, if he does that he can be great but it's the hardest part.
Mongo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the OL additions and Larry Grant. I'm pretty sure he filled in at a pretty high level in 2011.

What I like about Sean Smith is that he could possibly play FS if he doesn't work at CB. What I don't like is his "show me the money" mentality. $8M is a lot of coin, especially if the guy gets "fat and happy" like a lot of "show me the money" guys do.

I don't think we need to go after Kenny Phillips.

PS: I will say almost every 2013 FA's dream salary I've seen reported is delusional.
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongo wrote:
I really like the OL additions and Larry Grant. I'm pretty sure he filled in at a pretty high level in 2011.

What I like about Sean Smith is that he could possibly play FS if he doesn't work at CB. What I don't like is his "show me the money" mentality. $8M is a lot of coin, especially if the guy gets "fat and happy" like a lot of "show me the money" guys do.

I don't think we need to go after Kenny Phillips.

PS: I will say almost every 2013 FA's dream salary I've seen reported is delusional.

Thanks man, i was trying to get some value based guys who haven't really been starters but have performed well in limited time.

Yeah, Smith wasn't my #1, but in the sake of realism he has been linked to the chiefs.

Do you feel that we are set at safety? If not, what would you do?

I feel Lewis can't be depended on to start all 16 games.
Taylor916

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the best mock drafts I have seen. Not totally sure we need to take Campbell if we draft Geno unless we ax stanzi along with cassel. I do not know where Stanzi stands odds wise. I dont know about Quinn either. The one thing I would change is that we do need to get another good wide reciever either in free agency or via draft. I am not sold on Mr. Attitude. He has not lived up to expectations. Good one though.
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taylor916 wrote:
This is one of the best mock drafts I have seen. Not totally sure we need to take Campbell if we draft Geno unless we ax stanzi along with cassel. I do not know where Stanzi stands odds wise. I dont know about Quinn either. The one thing I would change is that we do need to get another good wide reciever either in free agency or via draft. I am not sold on Mr. Attitude. He has not lived up to expectations. Good one though.

Thank for the input man. I'm taking all the feedback into consideration for the next update. I think your talking about the mock prior to the combine and A.Smith trade. What do you think about the updated version? I had to move a lot of pieces because some guys climbed a lot. Still like it?
Taylor916

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I very much Like the updated one as well, even better and one of the best out there. I would still want a good strong wide receiver either earlier in the draft, like the third round compensatory pick or via free agency or something. Unless I am missing someone, we do not have any threats at wide receiver behind Dwayne Bowe. We have some trick play and speed guys but no legitimate number two threat. That young wide receiver who started that fight with Thomas so far has busted. I think we need another wide receiver.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: