Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pre Free-Agency Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
primetime714

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your draft is pretty unrealistic as almost every player you select is projected to go higher than where you have them.

I could definitely see Te'o available at 28, but I guess it depends on his pro day and how things go in the next month. Jenkins I think will likely get snagged by a 3-4 team before our pick in the 2nd as NT in a 3-4 is a really hard position to fill effectively and his upside is immense so someone will probably take a chance before our 2nd round pick. Woods likely doesn't make it to our 2nd rounder much less our 3rd. He looks like an early 2nd round pick right now. Similarly Swope will be taken long before the end of the 4th (as early as late 2nd). Mathieu could be around in the 5th, but probably gets taken early. That said this pick is so unrealistic given the Broncos recent trend of drafting high character individuals. We don't have a 6th round pick, but Williams probably goes before that. Nixon is projected a couple rounds before the 7th, but who knows.

As for free agency while I like Jason Jones alot (I wanted him last year) I really doubt it. The Broncos didn't even look his way last year when he signed a 1 year deal with Seattle, I don't see them changing that even if he would give them a good inside pass rush. I wouldn't be disappointed, but I don't think the Broncos view him as a fit for what they're trying to do.

Shonn Greene is no good. I've watched a lot of Jets games, this is guy is incredibly overrated.

Donald Thomas would be a good sign though.
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I think Moore can play each LB position honestly.

Yep. He is a top 40 talent. I think he and Arthur Brown are neck and neck for the top 4-3 MLB/OLB prospects. I personally like Sio a bit more but you cant go wrong with either. He is going to be an excellent NFL player. A true 3 down LB, whether it be at MLB/WLB/SLB.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely great selection in the 1st round! Cool

Only thing I dont like is the Shonn Green signing. I think hes a bum. Would rather look into Rashard Mendenhall or Isaac Redman.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roar2014 wrote:
From what I have seen and read Manti is actually pretty good against the pass, and yes at the BCS title game he did play poorly against them but that's a hell of oline to face. But Ogletree played very well against bama if you watch his game against them. At 28th pick I think that are pick is between T'eo and ogletree if they are both there.

Judge them yourself though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZy_y0on4u8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i980UwUexpw

The o-lines Te'o is going to face in the NFL are better than Alabama's. The schemes are far more advanced and the players are far more athletic. I've seen more than enough tape on Te'o and watched a handful of Notre Dame games live this year. He is an overrated prospect whose game translates poorly to the NFL. If your analysis is different, fair enough, but I'm standing by my evaluation.

I will be absolutely irate if we take Te'o. In fact, I might make my avatar of picture of Elway with "IDIOT" in big red letters across his face, just the avatar I used when Mac was here.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
PGeorge2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
-I think we can restructure Kuper's contract rather than just release him.

I completely agree. In some of these mocks, all of a sudden Kuper is totally expendable. I don't get it. Last year it was argued he was our best lineman and now he should be released? I understand maybe wanting to get an above average back up to play in the event he gets hurt again. But as far as thinking we're going to find someone in the second round to come in and be better, now that's wishful thinking.

I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to our line. When Kuper is on the field, I think our line is absolutely fine. We could use a better back up guard, but other than that I like our young line that has a lot of chemistry together.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGeorge2 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

I completely agree. In some of these mocks, all of a sudden Kuper is totally expendable. I don't get it. Last year it was argued he was our best lineman and now he should be released? I understand maybe wanting to get an above average back up to play in the event he gets hurt again. But as far as thinking we're going to find someone in the second round to come in and be better, now that's wishful thinking.

I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to our line. When Kuper is on the field, I think our line is absolutely fine. We could use a better back up guard, but other than that I like our young line that has a lot of chemistry together.

And it's worth noting that when we were interested in David DeCastro last year it was as a replacement for Beadles, not Kuper. Phil Simms says a few nice things about Beadles on a national broadcast and suddenly he's a Pro Bowl level OG. Now I'm not saying Beadles isn't a good player, he is and has improved markedly since his rookie year when he was awful, but he's being overrated by some. Thus I think any OG we would draft, especially early, would be able to compete for either starting spot.

roar2014

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
PGeorge2 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

And it's worth noting that when we were interested in David DeCastro last year it was as a replacement for Beadles, not Kuper. Phil Simms says a few nice things about Beadles on a national broadcast and suddenly he's a Pro Bowl level OG. Now I'm not saying Beadles isn't a good player, he is and has improved markedly since his rookie year when he was awful, but he's being overrated by some. Thus I think any OG we would draft, especially early, would be able to compete for either starting spot.

In regard to Kuper, I do like him a lot but the salary he makes in my opinion is quite a bit especially after his broken ankle 2 seasons ago, but for those of you who think that we should trade for Darrelle Revis getting rid of 4 players who hardly play( Kuper, DJ Williams, Joe Mays, Knowshon Moreno) to make room for a contract for Revis makes a lot of since to me. In general having that much extra money helps your team in the long run.

I know Beadles isn't fantastic but he is one of the best pulling gaurds in all of football and I think thats why he is recognized more that he should be. But Beadles offers a young gaurd who is improving and is above average.
PGeorge2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing regarding Kuper that makes no sense. Everyone is in agreement that Franklin struggles when Kuper is out, yet we want to get rid of Kuper. So, now not only are we worse at RG, we are also worse at RT because Franklin doesn't have that help. I don't understand the logic. If Kuper can play a healthy year at the level he did 2 years ago, which in turn helps Franklin play better, he is not overpaid at all.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
Raves

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious, it seems like you guys are pretty realistic that you not only need to sign a RB, but maybe draft one for the future, how do you guys feel about Chris Ivory? We're having a debate in the Saints forum and the two teams I think he would fit in well with are Green Bay and you guys as he gives that power running ability to add to a dynamic passing offense making it harder for teams to load against the pass.

The Saints gave him a 2nd round tender, but considering the only 2 RBs even worth considering in the 2nd or even early 3rd, Giovanni and Lacy, will be gone long before you guys pick, do you think the Denver FO would be willing to basically "draft" their RB of the future in FA as he's only 25 and when given a chance to play, he's been in a crowded backfield since he joined the Saints, has averaged 5.1 ypc in a similar type of offense. He should come relatively cheaper than the other top RBs due to the RFA tag as I expect the Saints to let him walk to a non NFC South team, and he's better than the other FAs that would come at a similar costs in terms of strictly financially. Granted he's had some hamstring injuries that have supposedly kept him out of games, I think it's more just the Saints playing it safe because they simply could as they've always had at least 2-3 other RBs on the team to carry the load when one goes down.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
7DnBrnc53

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
PGeorge2 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

I agree about DeCastro. If we bring in a lineman to start, it should be a RT like Dallas Thomas in the draft, and move Franklin to guard.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way will Elway spend a 2nd round pick on Chris Ivory. That just won happen.

Im very surprised the Saints did that. They have 3 RB's that could play ahead of him and are willing to pay him 2nd round tender money to ride the bench. Not the smartest decision.

Elway is smarter than that. Waste a pick and spend money on a player thats had injury issues and not "carried the load" before. We'll stick with McGahee and Hillman first then pursue a RB in the middle rounds or a veteran in FA.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
No way will Elway spend a 2nd round pick on Chris Ivory. That just won happen.

Im very surprised the Saints did that. They have 3 RB's that could play ahead of him and are willing to pay him 2nd round tender money to ride the bench. Not the smartest decision.

Elway is smarter than that. Waste a pick and spend money on a player thats had injury issues and not "carried the load" before. We'll stick with McGahee and Hillman first then pursue a RB in the middle rounds or a veteran in FA.

I agree. We can get another RB who is just as good without having to give up a 2nd round pick.

I'm disappointed that Ivory got the tender as I thought he would be a good fit here. That said, it was a stupid move by Loomis and the Saints to do that, especially considering the cap trouble that team is in. That money would have been much better spent upgrading their embarrassingly bad defense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: