Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

some who is good with salary cap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericr0319

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: some who is good with salary cap Reply with quote

right now we are about $3.5 million over the projected cap.

cutting players like - dwill, gross, gamble, beason, (idk if i can think of others). what kinda savings will they actually bring?

also what are they owed this upcoming year. and how will cutting them effect future years.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutting Dwill would cost us nearly 9.6m
Cutting Gross would cost us nearly 8.750m
Cutting Gamble would save us nearly 9.5m
Cutting Beason would cost us nearly 12m

So if we cut anyone it would Gamble. Front office wont take that much salary hit on the other players. But I do see the others restructuring their current contracts.

2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly 164 tackles, 2 Int, 1 sack, 11 TFLs, 8 PD and 3 Fumble recoveries
Luke Kuechly - 2013 Defensive Player of the Year
Cypher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BringinDaPain wrote:

So if we cut anyone it would Gamble. Front office wont take that much salary hit on the other players. But I do see the others restructuring their current contracts.

This isn't quite accurate. We could cut Williams and designate him a June 1st cut to free 3.4 million and obviously take us off the hook for the ridiculous salary numbers he carries in the coming years.

Cutting Gross would free up around 6.5 million.

Beason would cost us quite a bit to cut, but I think he'll end up restructuring.

EDIT: Also, releasing Gamble clears 7.9 million, not 9.5

I honestly have no idea where you got those figures from.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
BringinDaPain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
BringinDaPain wrote:

This isn't quite accurate. We could cut Williams and designate him a June 1st cut to free 3.4 million and obviously take us off the hook for the ridiculous salary numbers he carries in the coming years.

Cutting Gross would free up around 6.5 million.

Beason would cost us quite a bit to cut, but I think he'll end up restructuring.

Are you not counting the players guaranteed money? We are on the hook for that if they are cut.

2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly 164 tackles, 2 Int, 1 sack, 11 TFLs, 8 PD and 3 Fumble recoveries
Cypher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BringinDaPain wrote:

Are you not counting the players guaranteed money? We are on the hook for that if they are cut.

You are only on the hook for the remaining guaranteed money. You do not owe players base salaries when they are cut.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
BringinDaPain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
BringinDaPain wrote:

You are only on the hook for the remaining guaranteed money. You do not owe players base salaries when they are cut.

Sig bet that I am very close?

Cypher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BringinDaPain wrote:
Cypher wrote:
BringinDaPain wrote:

Sig bet that I am very close?

It's not a bet, man. Not trying to be offensive, but your numbers can't possibly be right. Otherwise, there's no way you could clear cap through cuts. You need to read up on "dead money".

NS922 wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: