Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade Value?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
I don't see how Kam is a product of the system. You could plug someone else in there but I don't think they'd have the same production. 100 tackles for a safety isn't common.

I would be pretty depressed if he was let go/traded and am trying not to make excuses for him to be recognized as someone we can't lose. I know Sherm and Earl are much more important to the team than Kam, but he isn't a product of the system.
Seattle lets Kam play as a 4th LB most of the time. He's in a position to wrap up a lot of tackles.
Yes. Do you think that means he's a product of the system or doing what the team is asking him to do? Everyone knows Kam can not be a deep safety (excpet everyone who posts in General), it limits how you can use him on D, but when he's used in the middle of the field while Earl covers deep, or against TE's, or to play the LOS he excels.

Or I just don't pay attention and am letting my man crush fog my view. Wink

I wish I had access to rewatch all last seasons games to see if my memory is as good as I think it is.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
I don't see how Kam is a product of the system. You could plug someone else in there but I don't think they'd have the same production. 100 tackles for a safety isn't common.

I would be pretty depressed if he was let go/traded and am trying not to make excuses for him to be recognized as someone we can't lose. I know Sherm and Earl are much more important to the team than Kam, but he isn't a product of the system.
Seattle lets Kam play as a 4th LB most of the time. He's in a position to wrap up a lot of tackles.
Yes. Do you think that means he's a product of the system or doing what the team is asking him to do? Everyone knows Kam can not be a deep safety (excpet everyone who posts in General), it limits how you can use him on D, but when he's used in the middle of the field while Earl covers deep, or against TE's, or to play the LOS he excels.

I wish I had access to rewatch all last seasons games to see if my memory is as good as I think it is.
You brought up the 100 tackles, that's certainly a product of the system. In the right system, he's an exceptional player. In the wrong one, he'd be an awful SS. Maybe a good OLB though.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:

You brought up the 100 tackles, that's certainly a product of the system. In the right system, he's an exceptional player. In the wrong one, he'd be an awful SS. Maybe a good OLB though.
How can you say he's a product of the system because of the tackles. He has to actually make the tackle to get it.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:

How can you say he's a product of the system because of the tackles. He has to actually make the tackle to get it.
??? The tackles are a product of the system.

You're making this too complicated. Kam is a better player in our scheme than he would be in others, that's all we're saying.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:

??? The tackles are a product of the system.

You're making this too complicated. Kam is a better player in our scheme than he would be in others, that's all we're saying.

Agreed. It's nothing against Kam. He is perfect for what we ask him to do. I mean, he was a late round pick for a reason. He's not the prototypical safety out there and he has some major flaws, but in our system, those flaws have less of a chance of being exploited.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: