Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

who do you feel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
I'll throw out another name...this comes from a decently reliable source so take it for what it's worth. This guy is very connected to draft athletes so it's worth considering.

Apparently we have been showing a TON of interest in Montee Ball. It doesn't really surprise me, and frankly I'm a big fan of Ball. I've heard that he's actually a big Broncos fan and has expressed interest to some about being a Bronco. Take it for what it's worth.

Im not a fan of Ball. Well let me rephrase that, Im not interested in him at the NFL level. Hes a heck of a college player but he carries A LOT of "wear on those tires". Hes got almost 1,000 carries in 4 years of college. That beating he took in college knocks at least 3 years off his NFL life. If this were the 80's and 90's, he'd be a 1st-rounder though.

Thats quite a college workload.
What do you know about the RB from Stanford, Taylor. Seems like he may be a fit.
b_rent87

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gut Feelings:

Jarvis Moss (I hated having that feeling)
Von Miller (two weeks before draft I had a dream we would pick him)
Orlando Franklin
Nate Irving
Eric Decker

Surprise:
Alphonso Smith
Robert Ayers
Darcel McBath
Derek Wolfe
Bey Bey (Wanted Dez)

Denver makes some Pretty Cultural picks like Packers but I probably shouldn't go there

Props to Jamison on the sig
b_rent87

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rex Burkhead

Joe Kruger

Margus Hunt

Brian Winters

Rick Wagner

Ryan Swope or Conner Vernon

AJ Klein, Tom Wort,

Zeke Motta, Cooper Taylor

You see where I'm going with this?

You can bet one of these guys will be a Bronco

JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
I'll throw out another name...this comes from a decently reliable source so take it for what it's worth. This guy is very connected to draft athletes so it's worth considering.

Apparently we have been showing a TON of interest in Montee Ball. It doesn't really surprise me, and frankly I'm a big fan of Ball. I've heard that he's actually a big Broncos fan and has expressed interest to some about being a Bronco. Take it for what it's worth.

Im not a fan of Ball. Well let me rephrase that, Im not interested in him at the NFL level. Hes a heck of a college player but he carries A LOT of "wear on those tires". Hes got almost 1,000 carries in 4 years of college. That beating he took in college knocks at least 3 years off his NFL life. If this were the 80's and 90's, he'd be a 1st-rounder though.

What do you know about the RB from Stanford, Taylor. Seems like he may be a fit.

I like Taylor. I have him currently as my #3 RB, with only Bernard and Ellington ahead of him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b_rent87 wrote:
Surprise:
Bey Bey (Wanted Dez)

I wasn't surprised we took DT over Dez. Mac wasn't about to drop one diva WR (Marshall) only to turn around and draft another one.

I think Conner Vernon is going to be a Bronco. He is a perfect player to draft in the middle rounds to groom as the long-term option in the slot. Taking him now and letting him develop for a year or two behind Stokley is the smart way to go. The slot is so important to our offense that they're not going to want to throw a rookie into that role right off the bat, better to take someone now and let him grow and develop with the offense. I said exactly that in my mock. It's also why I don't see us signing Welker or Amendola in free agency.

AKRNA wrote:

He's another one I mocked us drafting. I think he's an ideal fit as an every-down back who a) can contribute right away but b) won't be expected to be the #1, allowing him time to develop. He and Hillman in our backfield would be a sick duo.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b_rent87 wrote:
Rex Burkhead

Joe Kruger

Margus Hunt

Brian Winters

Rick Wagner

AJ Klein, Tom Wort,

Just so you know, this is ridiculous. There's no basis for this thinking.

Thanks, Tzimisce
b_rent87

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
b_rent87 wrote:
Rex Burkhead

Joe Kruger

Margus Hunt

Brian Winters

Rick Wagner

AJ Klein, Tom Wort,

Just so you know, this is ridiculous. There's no basis for this thinking.

Watch and see

Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Le'veon Bell second or third round
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do I feel? Is Dr. Phil making posts now?
germ-x

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

I like Taylor. I have him currently as my #3 RB, with only Bernard and Ellington ahead of him.

I just don't see what people get excited about in Stepfan Taylor.

I see an average or below average physical talent whose abilities play up, if you will, because he can do a bit of everything. He can run between the tackles, catch the ball out of the backfield, protect the football, and i know at one point many applauded his ability in pass protection. At the end of the day though, he is neither fast or explosive and isn't going to make any plays in space.

He reminds me an awful lot of Lance Ball. I think he'll find a home somewhere as a 3rd down back just because he'll be a safe bet, but i really don't see him doing much of anything in the NFL.

If Denver had a hell of an HB on the roster i wouldn't have a problem adding Taylor in the 5th or 6th round, but Denver doesn't. Stepfan Taylor wouldn't make the Denver Broncos any better or add an element the team doesn't already have.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

I just don't see what people get excited about in Stepfan Taylor.

I see an average or below average physical talent whose abilities play up, if you will, because he can do a bit of everything. He can run between the tackles, catch the ball out of the backfield, protect the football, and i know at one point many applauded his ability in pass protection. At the end of the day though, he is neither fast or explosive and isn't going to make any plays in space.

He reminds me an awful lot of Lance Ball. I think he'll find a home somewhere as a 3rd down back just because he'll be a safe bet, but i really don't see him doing much of anything in the NFL.

If Denver had a hell of an HB on the roster i wouldn't have a problem adding Taylor in the 5th or 6th round, but Denver doesn't. Stepfan Taylor wouldn't make the Denver Broncos any better or add an element the team doesn't already have.

While I cant argue Taylor doesnt have the elite physical abilities, I think you are downplaying his best attributes. He does everything at the RB position well, if not outstanding.

The Broncos offense is solely based on Peyton Manning right now. McGahee will be back (but will likely get hurt at some point) and Knowshon is gone, leaving Hillman to be the feature RB once McGahee goes down. Thats a problem. With the lack of pass protection ability in Ronnie Hillman, we have to address that in the offseason. IMO Taylor has one of the best all-around talents in the draft. Hes got strong lower-half, very smart at reading protections, solid receiver out of the backfield, good initial quickness, protects the ball well and is really really good at pass protection (my favorite quality about him).

The only problem is that I think Taylor suits a one-cut running system best. The more I watch his film I see him fitting into that type of offense better. I love his abilities but I think Im leaning towards him not fitting the offensive system were trying to run. As you pointed out, he fits this offense the same way Lance Ball fits this offense. Although, I think Taylors head-and-shoulder in terms of physical abilities than Ball.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie Nelson#1 wrote:

Bucky Brooks thinks so, too. Although I do not quite get his zone running comment. Don't we run a power scheme?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=0ap1000000146225&template=blank&confirm=true

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Reggie Nelson#1 wrote:

Bucky Brooks thinks so, too. Although I do not quite get his zone running comment. Don't we run a power scheme?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=0ap1000000146225&template=blank&confirm=true

Like most teams in the NFL we use a mix of man (power) and zone schemes but we're primarily a power team. I'm not sure what, if any, changes Gase will make but I would assume we will see even less zone in the future given Gase's history with Mac.

We haven't been a ZBS team since 2008. I find it both shocking and appalling that five years after Shanahan left some professional "analysts" still think we're a ZBS team.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
We haven't been a ZBS team since 2008. I find it both shocking and appalling that five years after Shanahan left some professional "analysts" still think we're a ZBS team.

The only thing more appalling is that those analysts aren't right.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a guy that watches interior play alot, we run a hybrid, much the same as most teams in the NFL.

Some plays are more suited to ZBS, stretch plays, rollouts etc while goal line / short yardage situations /pound between the tackles are not.

That's a lot of the reason we're good in space with our running game but less effective in 3rd and short/ goalline.

I'll let ANTI. germ , jersey, jonny, lomax, ............ et al get into more detail.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: