Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dwight Freeney Appreciation Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mooche

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Dwight Freeney Appreciation Thread Reply with quote

Quote:

The Indianapolis Colts have informed Dwight Freeney, the franchise's all-time leader in sacks, they will not re-sign him.

"I was very surprised to hear they wanted to go in a different direction," Freeney said in a text message to ESPN's Ed Werder. "It would have been nice to retire a Colt ... My plan is to hit the free-agent market and see who has interest."

Freeney, who turns 33 on Tuesday and was set to become an unrestricted free agent, has seen his sack totals decline in each of the past three seasons. The seven-time Pro Bowler had just five sacks last season, his lowest total since 2007.

-ESPN

It's a part of the business they say. It sucks seeing one of my favorite Colts of all-time departing, but it was time that both parties moved on and headed in their separate directions. I really hope Dwight can get to another Super Bowl before he hangs them up. He deserves it.

We salute you, Mr. Freeney.

Last edited by Mooche on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate Dwight Freeney.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wayne87reggie wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: !!~~ Reply with quote

It is going to be very hard to watch this team next year. No Peyton, No Dwight, No Marvin, No Idiot Kicker, No Marshall, No Brackett, No Dallas, No Lindy Infante, No Ted Marchibroda,

AND NO JIM CALDWELL !!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil

If this new hybrid west coast/vertical offense thing works like I hope it does. I'll forget all about those guys listed above.

Peace Out Freeney. Got nothing but love for you.
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: !!~~ Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
It is going to be very hard to watch this team next year. No Peyton, No Dwight, No Marvin, No Idiot Kicker, No Marshall, No Brackett, No Dallas, No Lindy Infante, No Ted Marchibroda,

AND NO JIM CALDWELL !!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil

If this new hybrid west coast/vertical offense thing works like I hope it does. I'll forget all about those guys listed above.

Peace Out Freeney. Got nothing but love for you.

Our remaining players from the Super Bowl win are reduced to Reggie Wayne, Adam Vinatieri, Antoine Bethea, and Robert Mathis.

Hopefully this new batch wins more than one.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck with your new team I say to Dwight Freeney. Thanks for all you did for this team.
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late to the party but thank you for everything you did for the team Dwight. The most dominant defensive player for the Colts in my opinion ever, tied with Sanders when healthy, and if it weren't for Mark Sanchez, you would have had 2 rings. Good luck to wherever you go next.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coltsmanic808 wrote:
Late to the party but thank you for everything you did for the team Dwight. The most dominant defensive player for the Colts in my opinion ever, tied with Sanders when healthy, and if it weren't for Mark Sanchez, you would have had 2 rings. Good luck to wherever you go next.

Without Hank Baskett he would have had 2 rings.

Dwight was such an electric player for us. I will always remember the way he absolutely fired off the ball. So fast, so athletic. He was THE trademark of the Tony Dungy speed defense in Indy, and he will be missed.

While the Kravitz's of the world are trashing Bill Polian, lets remember when he made this guy the 11th overall pick, people said he was too small to play 4-3 DE, and he showed him.

Just remembering Dwight, lets remember when he said what we were all thinking in what was one of the most frustrating Colts loses I have ever witnessed:

"The NFL cited Freeney for making "inappropriate comments on officiating," according to the Indianapolis Star. Freeney, frustrated by the three defensive penalties incurred as the Chargers made their game-winning drive, told Yahoo! Sports after the game: "Those were the worst [expletive] calls I've seen in a long time ... To have a game of that magnitude taken out of your hands, it's just disgusting. It's not like they made one [expletive] bad call -- it's three calls, in overtime ... They need to start investigating some other [expletive]."

Images courtesy of the great IndyColt#88
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: