Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 13 Chicago Bears sign up/War room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
chisoxguy7


Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Posts: 2928
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
What happened to #50?


They counted the Browns and Saints pick.

It was actually the 50th pick.


Ohhh. I thought we were trading up to 52 for a 3rd, 4th, and 4th. Were those picks all this year? I probably would have done that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5667
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who are we targeting?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 10054
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
So who are we targeting?


LBs we have a key of about 8 that we hope hit our pick.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5667
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
So who are we targeting?


LBs we have a key of about 8 that we hope hit our pick.
8?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chisoxguy7


Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Posts: 2928
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ Fluker lasted into the late 40s in this draft. I know it's not an indication of anything, but can we PLEASE stop talk about picking him at 20?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 10054
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
DJ Fluker lasted into the late 40s in this draft. I know it's not an indication of anything, but can we PLEASE stop talk about picking him at 20?


No the guy is a top 25 talent by Everyone's rankings and is exactly what this OL needs.

Every year we chop these guys down and every year they start as rookies and do well, Cordy Glenn, Kelehi Osemele, Orlando Franklin.

Sometimes being a mean powerful SOB means more than perfect feet. You know who had great feet? Chris Williams.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 11027
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
DJ Fluker lasted into the late 40s in this draft. I know it's not an indication of anything, but can we PLEASE stop talk about picking him at 20?


No the guy is a top 25 talent by Everyone's rankings and is exactly what this OL needs.

Every year we chop these guys down and every year they start as rookies and do well, Cordy Glenn, Kelehi Osemele, Orlando Franklin.

Sometimes being a mean powerful SOB means more than perfect feet. You know who had great feet? Chris Williams.

For arguments sake Gabe Carimi was a mean powerful guy with questionable feet and look how he turned out so far.

There is a yin to every yang when it comes to the draft.
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5667
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
DJ Fluker lasted into the late 40s in this draft. I know it's not an indication of anything, but can we PLEASE stop talk about picking him at 20?


No the guy is a top 25 talent by Everyone's rankings and is exactly what this OL needs.

Every year we chop these guys down and every year they start as rookies and do well, Cordy Glenn, Kelehi Osemele, Orlando Franklin.

Sometimes being a mean powerful SOB means more than perfect feet. You know who had great feet? Chris Williams.

For arguments sake Gabe Carimi was a mean powerful guy with questionable feet and look how he turned out so far.

There is a yin to every yang when it comes to the draft.
Carimi is no where near the prospect that Fluker is. The LT anf pro bowl RT stuff was nonsense. Fluker as a OG is a much better prospect.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 10054
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
DJ Fluker lasted into the late 40s in this draft. I know it's not an indication of anything, but can we PLEASE stop talk about picking him at 20?


No the guy is a top 25 talent by Everyone's rankings and is exactly what this OL needs.

Every year we chop these guys down and every year they start as rookies and do well, Cordy Glenn, Kelehi Osemele, Orlando Franklin.

Sometimes being a mean powerful SOB means more than perfect feet. You know who had great feet? Chris Williams.

For arguments sake Gabe Carimi was a mean powerful guy with questionable feet and look how he turned out so far.

There is a yin to every yang when it comes to the draft.


You know I am not a Carimi defender but I think the knee is factoring into some of that.

But Carimi does not have anywhere near Flukers power, Fluker has rare physical ability like Osemele did last season.

The game of football is being over analyzed at times. At its base is who will physically beat up his opponent. Fluke is a physically destroy you type of guy both in his physical and mental make up.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kiltman


Joined: 25 Nov 2007
Posts: 15247
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys will be OTC shortly, seems like he Giants came to a concensus on some Olineman
_________________

RainbowCarebear wrote:
I kind of want to taste it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5667
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you guys decided on what we're doing?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 19343
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Have you guys decided on what we're doing?


I like Stills but Windy wants Hodges. Thoughts?
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
You guys will be OTC shortly, seems like he Giants came to a concensus on some Olineman


Yes, very likely David Bakhtiari will be our pick.
_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mudderfudder77


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 1841
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need a speed WR more than a LB. Stills is a good value in the 4th - thats where I would go.
_________________


Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16927
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are OTC...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group