Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears Collector's Items

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IronMike84

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Bears Collector's Items Reply with quote

Thought I'd open up a for-fun discussion on this. Does anybody have any really cool Bears items, signed or unsigned? Helmets, footballs, jerseys, photos, etc?

The only signed item I have an autographed photo of - Butkus that I got when I met him last year.

One of the recent items I've picked up is this pennant: http://www.sportsposterwarehouse.com/detail_WI-PP-924__953__briggstillman12wi.html I was at the Jacksonville game so it's a pretty cool item to have.
CBears019

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at a jr. high school football game once and Dan Hampton's nephew was playing so Danimal was there. Got him to sign a ball there, that same football now has Ditka's and Mongo's signatures on there.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sat with Otis Wilson for about two hours during an autograph session he did at a bar my cousin owns in the late 80s.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
SpeedKills24

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Walter Payton Navy jersey signed by him and I have a football signed by a lot of the '85 Bears

Back in 2002 I was a little kid and went to The Bears training camp in Platteville, was talking about how the Packers sucked with my Dad. I guess Brian Urlacher heard me because him, Tank, and a few other guys came and talked to me for a couple hours.

Coolest thing ever

Got a few signatures out of it to.
shruj

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got to meet mike singletary when i was a kid. he came to my mom's work and i got to shake his hand, get a photograph with him, and got it signed by him.

easily one of the best moments from my childhood.
DABEARSLCF04

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For X-mas this past year my mother got me a huge 11' x 6' flag. I love it.

if I ever get a ariel photo of my farm I am going to put it on my flag pole.

Adopt a Bear.... Ka'Deem Carey.... HB.... Arizona
28 att for 130 yards 4.6avg. HALL OF FAME!
wpayton34

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a game-used Waddle jersey that I had him autograph for me and a personalized picture from Dan Hampton.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Bears Collector's Items Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Thought I'd open up a for-fun discussion on this. Does anybody have any really cool Bears items, signed or unsigned? Helmets, footballs, jerseys, photos, etc?

The only signed item I have an autographed photo of - Butkus that I got when I met him last year.

One of the recent items I've picked up is this pennant: http://www.sportsposterwarehouse.com/detail_WI-PP-924__953__briggstillman12wi.html I was at the Jacksonville game so it's a pretty cool item to have.
I have a Ditka autograph and others in a book "The Chicago Bears-An Illustrated History". I took it down to a Bears convention once and had Bill Wade and others sign it.

I gave my friend one of my favorites - a poster of Walter sneaking up behind Matt Suey as they are practicing in shorts and hooking his finger in Matt's shorts to pull them down. Hilarious shot. Walter was ever the practical joker and doing stuff like that.
DABEARSLCF04

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a freind that did a chicago Bears painting for me. Ill have to put all my stuff together and take a pic an post it.

Adopt a Bear.... Ka'Deem Carey.... HB.... Arizona
28 att for 130 yards 4.6avg. HALL OF FAME!
SOCalBearsFan54

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met - Butkus in Vegas a couple years back. It was a great day, talked to him a little and got a signed Football. And I have Brian Urlacher signed helmet.

2014 Adopt a Bear: WR Brandon Marshall #15
Rec- 49 Yards- 586 TDs- 8 Tgts- 86
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a lot of Bears pics and stuff, but the only one that is irreplaceable is my Payton autograph..met him at a signing he did at a mall...met him and shook his hand, talked to him for just a minute, and got him to sign a photo...still have it framed and on my wall.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRRLacher wrote:
I have a lot of Bears pics and stuff, but the only one that is irreplaceable is my Payton autograph..met him at a signing he did at a mall...met him and shook his hand, talked to him for just a minute, and got him to sign a photo...still have it framed and on my wall.

And as priceless as the autograph is, getting to meet him and talk to him was probably even better.

I have a few Walter Payton items, but none of them are signed. The latest one I picked up is a framed replica of the Chicago Tribune front page right after he died. Great photo of him, the headline was "The Greatest Bear," and it has his "Tomorrow Is Promised to No One" quote underneath.
GoodAsGould13

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an autographed Mike Singletary ball that he did at a signing when a store opened by my house. And kind of a cool story about how I got some other Singletary autos. When I was young about 6 or 7, I collected bears football cards. Well my mom was at a garage sale one day and saw two kids selling a bunch of Singletary cards. Well my picked me up a few and said to the kids "hey you guys must really like singletary!" They replied saying that Singletary was their dad. They told my mom that he wasn't home, but have her am address to send the card to and that he would sign them for me. I also have a Super Bowl Shuffle Album signed by him as well.

I also still collect football cards on occasion and have several very very rare bears cards inyding multiple one of a kind cards.
GoodAsGould13

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an autographed Mike Singletary ball that he did at a signing when a store opened by my house. And kind of a cool story about how I got some other Singletary autos. When I was young about 6 or 7, I collected bears football cards. Well my mom was at a garage sale one day and saw two kids selling a bunch of Singletary cards. Well my picked me up a few and said to the kids "hey you guys must really like singletary!" They replied saying that Singletary was their dad. They told my mom that he wasn't home, but have her am address to send the card to and that he would sign them for me. I also have a Super Bowl Shuffle Album signed by him as well.

I also still collect football cards on occasion and have several very very rare bears cards inyding multiple one of a kind cards.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: