Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jrry32 Post Combine Mock - 3/1/2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:
if im not mistaken Mikells base salary is 6 million, with 1 million signing bonus, and 2 million misc bonus

He has $6 million in guaranteed money left to be paid out, his cap hit for this year is $9 million. So cutting him this year would free up $3 million and $7 million next year.

If he is not cut this year, next year his cap hit would be $10 million with $3 million in guaranteed money.

Cutting him frees up 3 million this year and 10 million next year.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
FRO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:
if im not mistaken Mikells base salary is 6 million, with 1 million signing bonus, and 2 million misc bonus

He has $6 million in guaranteed money left to be paid out, his cap hit for this year is $9 million. So cutting him this year would free up $3 million and $7 million next year.

If he is not cut this year, next year his cap hit would be $10 million with $3 million in guaranteed money.

If we cut him next year do we still receive the 10 million in cap relief or is it something we have to do this year? Sorry I'm not at all a cap guy.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FRO wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:

If we cut him next year do we still receive the 10 million in cap relief or is it something we have to do this year? Sorry I'm not at all a cap guy.

If we cut him next year, we only get 7 million in cap relief.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
brokeu91

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
FRO wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:

The problem is that now we create two holes at safety by cutting him. We already have one. I was hoping he could restructure his contract.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brokeu91 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
FRO wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:

The problem is that now we create two holes at safety by cutting him. We already have one. I was hoping he could restructure his contract.

Thus, Rambo and Swearinger fill in both spots, at a MUCH cheaper rate then even just Mikell alone. Do like the idea of taking 2 safeties this year, as it is a deep talented class with potential starters up to 4th round. We save a good amount of cap this year and the following by releasing Mikell. I do think he played pretty good for us last year, but, he's 32 and spendy.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:

Thanks for correcting me, I messed that part up and wasn't thinking. I'll edit post, so it doesn't confuse people.
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:

Thanks for correcting me, I messed that part up and wasn't thinking. I'll edit post, so it doesn't confuse people.

Is there any possibility that we cut him and he resigns with us later on at a cheaper rate.

Pick 2 and 13
S-jax39

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think we resig hayes that cheap?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajhicks11 wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:

Is there any possibility that we cut him and he resigns with us later on at a cheaper rate.

It is possible but definitely slim chances of happening. If cut he would have to have no interest in FA market to stick with us. I doubt he restructures or takes a pay cut too. Prior to this contract he didn't make much in Philly being a late round draft pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: